Forums

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 1,574

Spoony_Tech

I will say it once again, it will be hard watching super hero go up against super hero but I can already tell this movie is going to be special because of that. Good vs good has never been better!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jump

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I will say it once again, it will be hard watching super hero go up against super hero but I can already tell this movie is going to be special because of that. Good vs good has never been better!

It's not that special when you've got another good vs good superhero movie coming out the month before

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

DefHalan

I know everyone expected Guardians of the Galaxy or Ant-Man to be Marvel's biggest flop but I am more worried that Civil War or Doctor Strange will be their biggest flop. We will see what happens.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

jump

DefHalan wrote:

I know everyone expected Guardians of the Galaxy or Ant-Man to be Marvel's biggest flop but I am more worried that Civil War or Doctor Strange will be their biggest flop. We will see what happens.

I can't see Civil War flopping, too many of the major characters are in it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

DefHalan

arronishere wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Civil War flopping would probably be more from a critic side and not sales wise. I wonder if Sherlock will be enough to sell Doctor Strange to people?

Also the budget for Civil War has got to be pretty high, which may hurt it too.

Edited on by DefHalan

DefHalan

arronishere wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

arronishere wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Civil War flopping would probably be more from a critic side and not sales wise. I wonder if Sherlock will be enough to sell Doctor Strange to people?

I thought Civil War's budget was fairly cheap though or at least less than Avengers? Feige got into an arguement as he felt a bigger budget was needed with him being told no and it got to the point he was willing to resign, it was only when Disney stepped in and said from now (movies after Civil War and the current films in production) he's in charge of budgets too he decided to stay on.

Wow, I didn't know about that, crazy. Who was the argument with, Disney?

DefHalan

arronishere wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

arronishere wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

arronishere wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I thought Civil War's budget was fairly cheap though or at least less than Avengers? Feige got into an arguement as he felt a bigger budget was needed with him being told no and it got to the point he was willing to resign, it was only when Disney stepped in and said from now (movies after Civil War and the current films in production) he's in charge of budgets too he decided to stay on.

Wow, I didn't know about that, crazy. Who was the argument with, Disney?

Nah it was the head of Marvel Entertainment, Pull-something. You should google the story as I'm probably forgetting details to it.

Wow, just read a article about it and it seems crazy. Normally studios want smaller budgets but it seems like Feige, who fought for a larger budget, was given more control and the other guy, who fought for smaller budgets, got the short end of the stick. Very interesting. I remember hearing Feige getting upset at Marvel Television division also, which makes me wonder why Feige is kept when he seems to get in arguments with everyone.

jump

^Well Feige created and keeps the Marvel films successful, when they start flopping you can blame and get rid of him.

Nicolai wrote:

Spoony_Tech

Civil War is not flopping! It will make no less then double it costs. If anything like was said in the past this feels more like a full on Avengers movie then a Cap one alone.

I do however agree that people maybe getting a bit tired of some of the same old formula as in Superhero movies but there's still plenty to keep fresh. If anything will flip I'm starting to get bored with Thor. The next one could flip by current standards.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DefHalan

@Spoony_Tech: Well Avengers Age of Ultron didn't do as well as they expected, Civil War could do even worst.

Spoony_Tech

@DefHalan: Just what exactly is not as well as expected? It grossed over 1.4 billion worldwide! Almost 500 million domestically. If that's bad then they just sound like Square Enix or some of those other game companies that complain that 5 million copies sold isn't enough.

MERG said:

DefHalan

@Spoony_Tech: I remember reading somewhere that Age of Ultron was disappointing sales wise. Especially compared to Ant-Man which had a much smaller budget and still made a ton.

Spoony_Tech

If I'm not mistaken Age of Ultron sits in the top ten all time highest grossing movies. What did they want number 1?! Ant-man made just over 500 million worldwide which is good but nearly a third. I'm sure the budget was maybe a 5th of Age but still. If I recall GotG made about 650 million. Both highly successful but still nowhere near Age totals.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

DefHalan

@Spoony_Tech: I don't know. I tried to google it but I just get thousands of sites where people are complaining about the movie. I can't find the article. Maybe Disney deleted the article to try to erase the negativity. I found a few articles that pointed out AoU's section week was lower than expected because of a fight, or something that people watched. I just remembering hearing how AoU was a disappointment and how Ant-Man did surprising well because of the budget to profit ratio.

jump

There's a diffference between flopping and preforming below expectations, if AOU had good word of mouth besides "it's ok but not as good as the first" it probably would of done better even then it's only because they set the bar high which they should be doing. In anycase these films are making alot of money not pocket change so they wont stop making them for awhile.

Nicolai wrote:

iKhan

Not crazy about Spidey's costume, but I LOVE the voice and the delivery. Finally a Spider-man that sounds like a down to earth teenager.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

the_shpydar

@iKhan: Totally agreed, both regarding the costume and the voice. So awesome to see Webhead finally where he belongs in the MCU.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

DefHalan

I think Spider-Man's costume will change between Civil War and his first stand-alone movie.

DefHalan

What do people think about the upcoming Civil War 2 comic event?

jump

DefHalan wrote:

What do people think about the upcoming Civil War 2 comic event?

I'll read it once it's out in trade but it doesn't excite me, seems like a cheap cross over event rather than an epic story.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic