Forums

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Posts 121 to 140 of 1,574

turtlelink

I can't wait to see Iron Man 3. I really want more X-Men movies though.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

LordJumpMad

I think we all can agree, that we all want a Howard the Duck movie.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Tasuki

turtlelink wrote:

I can't wait to see Iron Man 3. I really want more X-Men movies though.

Well you have The Wolverine coming out in July than next year Xmen: Days of Future Past comes out.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RR529

I was watching Man At Arms last night, and while it wasn't a Marvel themed episode (he was making one of the Ninja Turtle's weapons), he did mention that he was contracted to make prop swords for Thor.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

HawkeyeWii

Tasuki wrote:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

I think it goes
Iron Man
Incredible Hulk
Thor
Ironman 2
Captain America
Avengers
Iron Man 3

Now see I always thought that Thor came after Iron Man 2 Mainly cause how at the end of Iron Man 2 Coulson seem to just arrive at the Crater made by Thor's hammer at the end of Iron Man 2 cause the buildings that Thor breaks into weren't up yet.

Good observation! I forgot about that after credits bit for that movie.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

I'm seeing Ironman 3 tomorrow night for sure. I couldn't make it to the special early showing tonight.

What do you guys think are the chances of an Ironman 4 getting made. To me it has nothing to do with money, I think it is up to if Robert Downey Jr. wants to renew his contract, because his 6 movie Marvel contract is up after the Avengers 2 is done. I don't see him coming back, but that is just me, not to mention Gwyneth Paltrow doesn't want to do any more either.

Twitter:

Peach64

I thought his contact was up after this film? I think he'll definitely be in Avengers 2, no doubt, but I'm not sure he'll want to continue after that. I'm sure he's grateful for the way the role has got his career back on track, but I doubt anyone wants to end up going back to the same character every couple of years.

I don't know what they'll do then. It would upset a lot of people to have a new character, instead of Tony Star become Iron Man, but I don't think you can swap actors and just keep acting like it's the same character. Too much suspension of belief. For a side character like Rhodes they just about got away with it, but not for Tony Stark.

Peach64

shingi_70

They already swamped actors for James Rhodes and Bruce Banner. Kevin Feige has straight up said that Disney will most likely be in avengers and than they plan yo recast the role,

You could easdsily say the same thing of James bond who has gone through four or five actors,

Were going to see downy in A2 and maybe A3. Don't expect an iron man film in phase 3 unless its a cameo.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

HawkeyeWii

@Peach64
Downey signed a 6 movie contract years ago. Here are the movies
Ironman
The Incredible Hulk
Ironman 2
Avengers
Ironman 3
Avengers 2

Twitter:

Whopper744

Do you have to see Avengers before Iron Man 3? The only Marvel movies (new ones) that I've seen are the first 2 Iron Man movies. I can't find the other ones cheap, and I want to see IM3 in theaters if I can.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

shingi_70

No though one of the big plot points of Iron Man 3 are a direct consequence of the Avengers. Beyond some references to Thor and the aliens, and the post credits teaser its a pretty standalone film,

On that note while shield took too much time in IM2 the lack of any real shield presence is weird in a post Avenger's World. (I've wanted to use that line non ironicly for a few months now)

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Whopper744

Sony_70 wrote:

No though one of the big plot points of Iron Man 3 are a direct consequence of the Avengers. Beyond some references to Thor and the aliens, and the post credits teaser its a pretty standalone film,

On that note while shield took too much time in IM2 the lack of any real shield presence is weird in a post Avenger's World. (I've wanted to use that line non ironicly for a few months now)

ok. Well, I mean I know there would probably be a few little obvious spoilers from the Avengers, like the fact that Iron Man doesn't die in it, and the world apparently wasn't taken over by bad guys or whatever. I'm not too too worried about some little things.

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753

shingi_70

Probably the biggest thing is the stark difference between the intro's of Iron Man 3 and Iron Man 2. At the start of Iron Man 2 Tony is much more cocky and sure fire that he can protect the entire country by himself. (which to be fair he does a good job of for the most part). The Avengers dropped this mentally on ts head seeing as the Planet was unprepared for Loki going lol alien Invasion time. The opening reflects that and is the reason why Tny has all those different armor's in Iron Man 3.

Going to see IM3 next week but already read the spoilers for it and i'm surprised that other than AIM the movie didn't d more to expand the universe and set up Avengers 2 now that we know Thanos won't be the focus on A2.

WAT!

HawkeyeWii

@Joshers744
You haven't seen Avengers!!???
There must only be a few left on the planet who haven't seen it.

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

Sony_70 wrote:

Going to see IM3 next week but already read the spoilers for it and i'm surprised that other than AIM the movie didn't d more to expand the universe and set up Avengers 2 now that we know Thanos won't be the focus on A2.

So in other words, the pre-credit scene for Avengers was pointless? Maybe Thanos will be in the 3rd Avengers.

Twitter:

Whopper744

HawkeyeWii wrote:

@Joshers744
You haven't seen Avengers!!???
There must only be a few left on the planet who haven't seen it.

yeah I've can't seem to find a way to see the movies before it for cheap. I'm tired of waiting.

shingi_70

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

So in other words, the pre-credit scene for Avengers was pointless? Maybe Thanos will be in the 3rd Avengers.

Its wasn't pointless it was set up. Thanos was the one who freed Loki and gave him the Alien Army. Its obvious that Thanos is going to play a hand in upcoming movies if only as a background player.

As for the threat for Avengers 2 despite Guardians being the film before it I don't think the should go with an alien based threat even though they will. Something Magic based or even earth based would be cool. I would say Ultron but you need Hank Pym to do the concept justice.

Feige also said one of the Phase 3 films will have a female lead meaning were probably going to get a Captian Marvel movie.
Untitled

WAT!

HawkeyeWii

Thanos was completely different from the guy that gave Loki the army. That was a different alien, not Thanos.

Has anyone seen Ironman 3 yet??
I was really looking forward to it! I just got back from it and I am very VERY disappointed!!!!
They turned Mandarin into a complete joke!!!! I am not kidding! The point of the "The Mandarin" In the movie was to be a joke!
Go and see it I am not lying!
Sorry to say it and it is hard to say it, but Ironman 3 was my least favorite Avenger movie.

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

The whole Extremis story arc was cool until they made Ironman's main villain into a joke.
The first movie and Extremis was perfect! with the terrorists and everything. The first one is one of my all-time favorite movies!
But I don't think they should have continued the "Extremis" story line in 3.

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

Bulby wrote:

Just saw Iron Man 3, definitely my favourite of the Iron Man movies. It is definitely the darkest of the three, but it is also the funniest. Also, that plot twist is freaking amazing. You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it

It was probably the worst plot twist I have ever seen in a movie! The plot twist was (SPOILERS) that they totally butchered Ironman's main antagonist!
It would be like making a Batman movie and 3/4 through figure out that the joker wasn't real and was just some actor. I was beyond pissed when that happened!!!!!!!

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic