General Discussion Forum

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Showing 961 to 980 of 983

AuthorMessage

Monntie

961. Posted:

I am waiting until season three of Arrow is over to watch season 2. I like to be behind the curve and watch on my own time, not the television schedule.

~Omnibenevolence~

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

962. Posted:

Well I watched the first episode of Arrow today. Oliver Queen seems very based off of Bruce Wayne. Also how does being on an island for 5 years make you an ungodly sharpshooter with a bow and arrow?

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

963. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Well I watched the first episode of Arrow today. Oliver Queen seems very based off of Bruce Wayne. Also how does being on an island for 5 years make you an ungodly sharpshooter with a bow and arrow?

It's explained over the course of the show. Don't worry, it'll all make sense soon.

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
"This is your last dance!"- Inigo

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

iKhan

964. Posted:

This is the most epic thing ever.

http://www.dorkly.com/post/63969/mark-hamills-joker-tells-mar...

Nintendo is pulling miracles out of their a$$es this e3- Retro_on_theGo

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

965. Posted:

So the pilot for The Flash is out there in the wild. Its pretty freaking dope. They drop a ton of easter eggs and possibly connecting it and Arrow to the MOS stuff.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

BieberBlows

966. Posted:

I watched the Flash pilot and was impressed. It wasn't as good as Arrow but it was definitely better than the first two episodes of AoS (that's all I watched). I can post spoilers if someone tells me how to post spoiler tags.

Edited on by BieberBlows

BieberBlows

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

967. Posted:

Like this

Gotta go fast

The actresses who plays iris and Snow are stupidly attractive.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

968. Posted:

Question for those of you who have read the first Hellblazer run: How is it, would it be worth buying the tpbs? I loved the Constantine movie and think I'd like the books, just want it to know if it'd really be worth it to drop $50+ on 5 tpbs.. if you've read more than Delano's run let me know. Personally I'd just like to read Constantines best storyline as long as I won't be lost from not reading the first series. I'm semi-familiar with the character simply because of the movie.

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

969. Posted:

Be warned that comic Constantine isn't really comparable to Movie conman. Never read Hellblazer and the only thing of the OG John I;ve read is from the original Saga of the Swamp Thing.

I'm currently reading The Constantine series and Justice League Dark which are pretty awesome.

Untitled

Untitled

He's sort of the magical Batman and tends to show up ina lot of the magic related books of the DCU.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

970. Posted:

Pilot for the Constantine Tv series is out there if you want to watch it.

Anywho DC is annoucning new books and creative teams this month. So far we have announced.

First up we have Arkahm Manor starting in October
Untitled

And Arkham’s madness comes home in ARKHAM MANOR! A bold new series brought to you by the mad minds of Gerry Duggan (Deadpool, Nova) and Shawn Crystal (Deadpool, Wolverine and the X-Men). When catastrophe strikes Arkham Asylum, where will Gotham City house the world’s most dangerous criminals, and when inmates are found murdered, what is Batman prepared to do in search of justice? ARKHAM MANOR arrives on October 22nd.

and Gotham Academy
Untitled

Welcome to GOTHAM ACADEMY! Gotham City’s most prestigious prep school is a very weird place. It’s got a spooky campus, oddball teachers, and rich benefactors always dropping by...like that weirdo Bruce Wayne. But nothing is as strange as the students!

Like, what’s up with Olive Silverlock? Is she crazy or what? Where did she go last summer? And what’s the deal with her creepy mom? And how come that Freshman MAPS is always following her around? Is she still going out with Kyle? P.S. Did you hear the rumor about the ghost in the North Hall?!

GOTHAM ACADEMY, written by Eisner-Award-nominated artist Becky Cloonan (DEMO) and Brenden Fletcher and illustrated by Karl Kerschl, arrives on October 1st. It’s a new, monthly teen drama set in the shadow of Batman and the craziness of Gotham City with new characters and old plus a secret tie to Gotham’s past….

Wonder Woman gets a new creative team come this November
Untitled

Making her DC Comics writing debut, Meredith Finch and along with her husband, highly popular veteran artist David Finch (FOREVER EVIL, JUSTICE LEAGUE), team up to not only expand upon the mythology of the Amazon Princess, but ground her in humanity and explore her interpersonal relationships.

Deathstroke is getting a new solo book to go with him being the leader of the suicide squad.
Untitled

The deadliest mercenary in the DC Universe, a.k.a. Slade Wilson (as seen on the CW TV series Arrow) stars in his own new monthly series written and drawn by Tony S. Daniel (SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN, DETECTIVE COMICS).

See Deathstroke as never before in this exciting new series, with one surprise after another as we see Slade Wilson in the fight of his life! He is, without question, the world’s greatest assassin and one of the most feared people on the planet—he’s been a mercenary-for-hire after his involvement in Team 7, has been recruited onto Task Force X, a.k.a The Suicide Squad—now we'll get to know more about the complex man behind the missions.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

971. Posted:

Yo more books announced

Lobo
Untitled

The all-new Lobo brings the ultraviolence to this new ongoing solo series! Bunn told CBR, "Violence is just one aspect of the character. It's there, and it's something we are going to embrace in this series, but we'll also be exploring facets of Lobo that haven't really been brought into the spotlight. He had a life, a job, a family, a lover long before he became the cruel, devious man-hunter we'll see in this series."

New Creative team for Green Arrow
Untitled

Welcome new series writers Andrew Kreisberg and Ben Sokolowski – the producers of the hit TV show “Arrow” – as they take over GREEN ARROW with issue #35 this October! Joining them to complete the new creative team is artist Daniel Sampere (BATGIRL, TRINITY OF SIN: PANDORA).

Oliver Queen is trying to put his life together after the grueling events of “Broken,” and finds himself back in Seattle on a mission from a mystery woman. Who is she – and what’s next for Green Arrow?

Trinity of SIn
Untitled

TRINITY OF SIN, written by J.M. DeMatteis with art by Yvel Guichet and Jason Gordon, will pick up with the characters Pandora and the Stranger, following the ending of their solo series in September, and bring in The Question on a quest to save humanity and uncover the darkest secrets of the universe.

Klarion The Witchboy
Untitled

y, the writer is spinning tales of pagan and technological magic set in Gotham City, with a range of guest stars lined up, including the Spectre, the Demon and Zatanna.

Nocenti tells io9 that the creative team has plans for the book to be "layered in occult history." To that end, the pair will utilize the title's cast to flesh out the magical side of the DCU while asking whether Klarion — and his familiar, Teekl — is on the side of the angels or demons, a question complicated by the existence of two "schools" designed to recruit and use young magic wielders for their own purposes.

A new creative team for Catwoman
Untitled

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

972. Posted:

So apparently Stephen Amell's (Oliver Queen/Arrow) cousin Robbie has been cast in The Flash as Firestorm.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/the-flash-robbie-amell-firest...

I found that rather funny.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

973. Posted:

On this Friday, Fugitive Toys will be selling their San Diego Comic Con POP exclusives individually. Out of the 7 they're selling, 5 are DC Universe related with 1 being a mysterious unannounced figure. The revealed figures and prices are as follows: White Lantern: Flash & White Lantern: Superman for $16.99 and GITD versions of each for $24.99. Finally, on July 11, these figures will be uploaded some time between 12:00 A.M. and 9:00 A.M. PST to prevent the servers from the crashing, so be sure to refresh often.

Edited on by PuzzleMaster7

There is no puzzle without a solution!

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7 | Twitter: PuzzleMaster7

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

974. Posted:

PuzzleMaster7 wrote:

On this Friday, Fugitive Toys will be selling their San Diego Comic Con POP exclusives individually. Out of the 7 they're selling, 5 are DC Universe related with 1 being a mysterious unannounced figure. The revealed figures and prices are as follows: White Lantern: Flash & White Lantern: Superman for $16.99 and GITD versions of each for $24.99. Finally, on July 7, these figures will be uploaded some time between 12:00 A.M. and 9:00 A.M. PST to prevent the servers from the crashing, so be sure to refresh often.

July 7th? It's the 9th going on 10th right now. I'm going to assume you meant it's the 11th which would be friday as you mentioned in the post.. ;) Going to have to keep an eye on these, thanks. @PuzzleMaster7

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

975. Posted:

Spuratis wrote:

PuzzleMaster7 wrote:

On this Friday, Fugitive Toys will be selling their San Diego Comic Con POP exclusives individually. Out of the 7 they're selling, 5 are DC Universe related with 1 being a mysterious unannounced figure. The revealed figures and prices are as follows: White Lantern: Flash & White Lantern: Superman for $16.99 and GITD versions of each for $24.99. Finally, on July 7, these figures will be uploaded some time between 12:00 A.M. and 9:00 A.M. PST to prevent the servers from the crashing, so be sure to refresh often.

July 7th? It's the 9th going on 10th right now. I'm going to assume you meant it's the 11th which would be friday as you mentioned in the post.. ;) Going to have to keep an eye on these, thanks. @PuzzleMaster7

@Spuratis Nice catch! I'm not sure how I could get 7/11 mixed up. :D And you're welcome.

There is no puzzle without a solution!

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7 | Twitter: PuzzleMaster7

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

976. Posted:

Those look cool but I'm not a white Lantern fan.

The robbie Amelll news goes with the news that Brandon Ruth former Superman will be playing The Atom in this season of Arrow or at least Ray Plamer before he gets the shape changing powers.
Untitled

I wish they were using the Ray Palmer from the new 52 who really doesn't want to be a superhero and works at Shade to keep the Mad Science in check. He did just become The Atom proper in Batman/Superman so that explains some things.

Devon Aoki is going to be Katanna
Untitled

Peter Stormare is going to be a new Count Vertigo probably the proper one.
Untitled

WAT!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

977. Posted:

Batgirl has a new creative team with Cameron Stewart and Brenden Flectcher co-writing and Babs Tarr on the art duties.

It looks pretty rad and the pitch sounds amazing.

Stewart: Batgirl has really been put through the wringer in recent years – after being attacked and paralyzed by the Joker, her brother turning out to be a serial murderer, the trauma of her family breaking apart and the series of gruesome villains she’s had to contend with, we figured she deserved a break from all that. Just prior to the start of our story she’s pushed to the breaking point and decides that she’s had it with misery and darkness and wants a change. She wants the opportunity to have some fun and live the life of a young, single girl in the city, so she packs up and moves to Burnside, the cool, trendy borough of Gotham, to focus on grad school.

Fletcher: And that’s where we kick off our run – introducing this part of the city known for expensive coffee, fixie bikes, vintage shops and breakout bands. Barbara allows herself to be immersed in youth culture for the first time, exploring the social side of life in Burnside. That’s not to say there isn’t mystery, of course! Try as she might to live a “normal” life, Barbara very quickly finds herself drawn back into the world of crime fighting. Our take on Batgirl mixes the best elements of “Veronica Mars” and “Girls,” with a dash of “Sherlock” thrown in for good measure.

Tarr: I am excited to bring some flirt, fun, and fashion to the title! I don’t think you see a lot of that in mainstream comics and I am excited to bring that to the table. Who doesn’t love a sassy super hero?

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

978. Posted:

I really like that design for Batgirl. Also the Peter Stormare is a great actor.. is he going to be on Arrow or Flash? I haven't watched Arrow but if he's going to be in it that will definitely boost my interest. I need to watch it anyway.. at least that's what I've been hearing. I am waiting for season 2 to come to Netflix.

The Atom has always seemed like a kind of cool character, too. So it will be nice to see him on T.V.

Edited on by Spuratis

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

979. Posted:

Stomare will be in Arrow playing the proper Count Vertigo who's a foreign diplomat who has whogy whogy mind powers.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

980. Posted:

@PuzzleMaster7 I just watched the GITD Flash and Superman sell out. I didn't even have a chance to get one, lol. Flash sold out first.. are they going to be putting more up throughout the day or what? You said there was going to be 5 DC related characters.. were you wrong or should we be expecting another one to be put up for sale?

Spuratis