General Discussion Forum

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Showing 941 to 960 of 993

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

941. Posted:

Ahh, I see what you're saying. It would actually be pretty cool if they did use Gotham as a basis for Ben Afflecks Bruce Wayne origins.

Yeah, I didn't know other shows had tie ins to each other like that before. I just assumed that since they were different networks it would cause some issues. They just seem really uptight about that kind of stuff now-a-day.

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

942. Posted:

@Spuratis: I am not sure if the networks would have really any say in it but it all comes down to the contracts they have and all that jazz.

But yeah there has been so many Batman origin movies for the past 20 years that we really dont need another one so it won't surprise me if they did use Gotham and Ben Affleck's Batman's backstory. Also I wouldn't be surprised if DC wrapped it all together since that is what Marvel is doing with the movies and AoS TV series.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

943. Posted:

It seems Marvel and DC have some characters and series that nearly mirror each other (see: Justice League/Avengers, Deadpool/Deathstroke). So I have been really curious! Is there an X-Men like comic that DC has? I have to say that X-Men is definitely one of the series and areas that Marvel totally trumps DC, which isn't a bad thing. I just love the interconnected "family" feel of the X-Men and their fellow mutants. I'd love to know if DC has something similar, because I'd like to check it out.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

iKhan

944. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Honestly I can see them pulling Arrow and Flash into the MOS Universe (Or should I say the JL Universe) and heck maybe even Gotham. For one thing if they do that they wont have to make origin movies for either Green Arrow or Flash cause that will be covered by the shows. They can just pull them into the series maybe include some flashbacks for people who haven't seen the series. By not only doing it that way they also speed up the time needed to origins stories for either of them. We wont have to wait for them to make an origin movie for Arrow and Flash which would put the JL movie onto a longer waiting list. Plus I can see Arrow fitting in nicely int the DCCU as it is. They did have last season a few references to Green Lantern.

Stephen Amell has already expressed extreme desire to portray Green Arrow on the big screen.

This is the ideal for me. Right now the JL Universe feels like a disaster waiting to happen, being rushed out to compete with the Avengers, basically the Atari 7800 of movie universes.

However, if DC takes advantage of their new very successful TV Universe, they could have some gold on their hands. If they could work Stephen Amell's Green Arrow and Grant Gustin's Flash into JL, in addition to any other TV series they might make, they would actually have some universally well received and established material to go from. Right now they are going off of the critically panned Green Lantern movie, and the critically mixed Man of Steel.

Also, they would have a great opportunity to tie the Movie and TV universes together. This is the one part of Marvel's plan that they have epically failed to do. The Avengers managed to destroy two of their most beloved animated franchises in Earths Mightiest Heroes and Spectacular Spider-man (I know it was cancelled for different reasons, but there was no reason Disney couldn't give it the Star Wars: Rebels treatment, bringing back the same creative cast for a new successor series).

But DC has the potential to use JL to spring board an Aquaman series, a Martian Manhunter series, and hopefully a Young Justice series.

Nintendo is pulling miracles out of their a$$es this e3- Retro_on_theGo

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

945. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

It seems Marvel and DC have some characters and series that nearly mirror each other (see: Justice League/Avengers, Deadpool/Deathstroke). So I have been really curious! Is there an X-Men like comic that DC has? I have to say that X-Men is definitely one of the series and areas that Marvel totally trumps DC, which isn't a bad thing. I just love the interconnected "family" feel of the X-Men and their fellow mutants. I'd love to know if DC has something similar, because I'd like to check it out.

I can't really think of any teams that would be similar to X-Men in DC, other than one that comes to mind, simply because they're.. more mutantish and darker, that would be Justice League Dark. I've been wanting to check out their series myself just haven't got around to it yet. I'm interested to know if DC has a similar team to X-Men as well though.

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

SuperPokefan95

946. Posted:

iKhan wrote:

Also, they would have a great opportunity to tie the Movie and TV universes together. This is the one part of Marvel's plan that they have epically failed to do. The Avengers managed to destroy two of their most beloved animated franchises in Earths Mightiest Heroes and Spectacular Spider-man (I know it was cancelled for different reasons, but there was no reason Disney couldn't give it the Star Wars: Rebels treatment, bringing back the same creative cast for a new successor series).

Don't remind me of what they did to Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I hate the people who cancelled what was probably Marvel's best animated show to date, (at least in my opinion). All of that time and effort wasted for a lackluster replacement that is closer to the MCU. I wouldn't hate Assemble so much if it hadn't come out so soon after the cancellation of EMH and if it wasn't so bland.

ikhan wrote:

But DC has the potential to use JL to spring board an Aquaman series, a Martian Manhunter series, and hopefully a Young Justice series.

I would love to see YJ return. It is my favorite DC animated show since Justice League. I also wouldn't mind seeing an Aquaman series if it were based off of the YJ Aquaman or maybe even the JLU Aquaman, and a Martian Manhunter series would be interesting as well.

SuperPokefan95

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5046-0418

AuthorMessage

iKhan

947. Posted:

SuperPokefan95 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Don't remind me of what they did to Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I hate the people who cancelled what was probably Marvel's best animated show to date, (at least in my opinion). All of that time and effort wasted for a lackluster replacement that is closer to the MCU. I wouldn't hate Assemble so much if it hadn't come out so soon after the cancellation of EMH and if it wasn't so bland.

ikhan wrote:

I would love to see YJ return. It is my favorite DC animated show since Justice League. I also wouldn't mind seeing an Aquaman series if it were based off of the YJ Aquaman or maybe even the JLU Aquaman, and a Martian Manhunter series would be interesting as well.

The only reason I ever want to see Aquaman on screen again is so I can see Kaldur'ahm on screen again. Aquaman and Garth's fish contacting powers and super strength? Lame. Kaldur's hydrokinesis and water made weapons? Coolest powers ever.

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

948. Posted:

iKhan wrote:

Kaldur's hydrokinesis and water made weapons? Coolest powers ever.

Makes me wonder why Aquaman himself doesn't have this power.. I actually think it would be kind of cool to see him on the big screen, I saw some recent pictures of him with some real beastly/freakish sea monsters. If they brought something like that to the big screen, I think it'd be great, even if it was a monster of a squid.. only problem is the villains just have to get away from water and they're safe from Aqauman.. heh.

Edited on by Spuratis

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

SuperPokefan95

949. Posted:

ikhan wrote:

The only reason I ever want to see Aquaman on screen again is so I can see Kaldur'ahm on screen again. Aquaman and Garth's fish contacting powers and super strength? Lame. Kaldur's hydrokinesis and water made weapons? Coolest powers ever.

Well then you should have said "I'd like to see a series based on the YJ Kaldur'ahm", not "I'd like to see an Aquaman series based on his YJ interpretation". Admittedly I'd just like to have YJ come back instead of seeing a Kaldur only series but if they could pull it off then I'd watch it. Heck just hearing that they'd make a series on Kaldur would grab my attention in a heartbeat.

SuperPokefan95

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5046-0418

AuthorMessage

Mitsuko_Chan

950. Posted:

I'd hate to see Batman V Superman directed by Michael Bay....... He already ruined Transformers and now TMNT.

あなたは素晴らしいです。あなたと誰混乱させてはいけない。
YouTube Channel | Miiverse | deviantART | Hatena

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8065-2098 | Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

951. Posted:

Just read Batman issue 31. Zero Year is coming to a close and it is getting really tense! This is definitely one of the best arcs this series has had.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

952. Posted:

Neko_Chan wrote:

I'd hate to see Batman V Superman directed by Michael Bay....... He already ruined Transformers and now TMNT.

Who said he was? I thought the same guy that directed Man of Steel was going to direct Dawn of Justice.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Mitsuko_Chan

953. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Neko_Chan wrote:

Who said he was? I thought the same guy that directed Man of Steel was going to direct Dawn of Justice.

I'm just saying. Don't worry, Zach Snyder is a decent director.

あなたは素晴らしいです。あなたと誰混乱させてはいけない。
YouTube Channel | Miiverse | deviantART | Hatena

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8065-2098 | Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

AuthorMessage

Monntie

954. Posted:

Arrow is amazing.

Then The Flash will receive his own television performance as well!? My heart beats ever faster!

~Omnibenevolence~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

955. Posted:

Gotta go Fast.

So Amell can actually do the Salmon Ladder and it makes me want to work out.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

iKhan

956. Posted:

Monntie wrote:

Arrow is amazing.

Then The Flash will receive his own television performance as well!? My heart beats ever faster!

It all makes me optimistic for the Justice League film, if they cast Gustin and Amell in the roles of Flash and Green Arrow. The idea of an interacting cinematic and TV universe could be awesome.

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

957. Posted:

Just about to start watching the Arrow series. I just got the 1st season on bluray this morning. I want to catch up so then I can watch it on TV next season. I would like to know if in order to understand what is going on in the new Flash show, if you would have to have previous knowledge from Arrow. Also is it confirmed that both the Arrow and Flash actors will be in the Justice League movie?

AuthorMessage

Platypus

958. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Just about to start watching the Arrow series. I just got the 1st season on bluray this morning. I want to catch up so then I can watch it on TV next season. I would like to know if in order to understand what is going on in the new Flash show, if you would have to have previous knowledge from Arrow. Also is it confirmed that both the Arrow and Flash actors will be in the Justice League movie?

I highly doubt you need to see the newer Arrow to understand what will happen in Flash. They really didn't do much with the Flash characters. Also, No. The Arrow and Flash actors have not been confirmed for Justice league, but it is suspected Warner Bros is considering it because they have not announced Flash for BvS.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

959. Posted:

The Flash stuff only shows up in small bits. Barry shows up in two episodes, and Star Labs is used toward the end of season 2. Probably the biggest thing out of that is we see Light Gun designed by Doctor light used which was awesome.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

960. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

There is actually 2 seasons of Arrow and I don't think you will need to know what is going on in Arrow to understand Flash. Yes they are in the same universe and I Arrow is confirmed to be in the first episode of Flash, but really the only thing that Arrow showed about Flash was how Barry was struck by lightning. After that we dont see Barry at all on Arrow.

As for them being part of the JL movie it has not been confirmed but many people suspect that they will.

My Backlog