General Discussion Forum

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Showing 921 to 940 of 997

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

921. Posted:

Man what an great ending to another great season of Arrow. I loved what happen to Deathstroke at the end of it all. I also loved the scene with Arrow, Black Canary, Speedy (Roy) walking down the tunnel side by side that was freakin sweet. Speaking of sweet I loved The Flash trailer and I look forward to that series as well.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

922. Posted:

The TV series are really cool that DC keeps spinning out, but I would eventually like to see each of these characters in their own moves as well. I mean they will all eventually lead into the Justice League movie, but I'd also like some solo movies as well. Maybe instead of a Manhunter TV show they could make a stand alone movie to introduce him.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

iKhan

923. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Man what an great ending to another great season of Arrow. I loved what happen to Deathstroke at the end of it all. I also loved the scene with Arrow, Black Canary, Speedy (Roy) walking down the tunnel side by side that was freakin sweet. Speaking of sweet I loved The Flash trailer and I look forward to that series as well.

My favorite part of that episode was the intercut fight with Slade. I kind of hope he gets some redemption though, I kind of liked Slade as a good guy.

Currently Playing: Pandora's Tower, Okami, Tales of Innocence, Inazuma Eleven
Currently Watching: Arrow, Batman: The Animated Series, House of Cards

AuthorMessage

iKhan

924. Posted:

What is everyone's thoughts on the rumor that Young Justice is getting a live action show?

Anything with Young Justice based on the cartoon is good for me, but I really hope it's stand alone. The putting Colton Haynes' Roy Harper into Red Arrow's role in Young Justice would involve massive Arrow retconning.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

925. Posted:

Why would it involve massive Arrow retconning? If it were to take place in the Arrow universe it would be after Arrow Season 3 meaning that Roy or Thea would have a year or so of charcter development. Pretty sure the Young Justice show is going to hinge mostly on the if Arrow/The Flash are tied too the MOS Universe.

The Man of steel sequel has been officially titled Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice and filming just started in my hometown of detroit today.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

926. Posted:

double post

Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

iKhan

927. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Why would it involve massive Arrow retconning? If it were to take place in the Arrow universe it would be after Arrow Season 3 meaning that Roy or Thea would have a year or so of charcter development. Pretty sure the Young Justice show is going to hinge mostly on the if Arrow/The Flash are tied too the MOS Universe.

Spoilers for the Young Justice Cartoon

It would involve retconning Arrow because it would involve making Roy a clone (the rumor says it's based on the cartoon, so I'm assuming major plotpoints will stay). But now that I think about it, I suppose they could just have Roy's abduction and cloning take place later on.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

928. Posted:

Well based on the cartoon could mean just the concept and not the idea that's its a sequel to the cartoon series. As long as it keeps the idea of a unoffical teen hero team and the all the romantic angst you can cut the knife through.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Swiket

929. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

double post

Untitled

Is it a courtroom drama?

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

iKhan

930. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

double post

Untitled

Batman returns to kill the Superhero movie business once again (for the record I want the movie to be good, I just don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of it happening).

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

931. Posted:

I really liked Man of Steel so i'm excited for DOJ.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

iKhan

932. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

I really liked Man of Steel so i'm excited for DOJ.

I haven't seen Man of Steel, but that's not the reason for my concern. I think it's really clear the Studio is being extremely hands on with this film, and it's clear that Warner wants to rush out a Justice League movie as soon as possible. This is generally a recipe for disaster in movies. It's the same reason I have pretty much no faith in Venom, TASM3, or the Sinister Six movie. I feel like Marvel and Fox are the only ones who have some idea of what they are doing, using what they can, but giving each movie it's own space to be great.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

933. Posted:

I dunno Man of Steel > BVS> JL with solo films branching out from their seems cool. As long as the movie is enteraining I really don't care. Also I wouldn't compare the Warner stuff to what Sony is doing trying to make a universe out of one superhero. Something that goes in the comics but not in the movies.

On the flipside it took Fox making two, maybe three very terrible movies before bringing in mattew vaughn. Hopefully they don't undo it all with the post DOTP plans they have in place,

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

934. Posted:

After watching Man of Steel I do have some decent hopes for this movie. Although I'm not a fan of Ben Affleck or Jesse Eisenberg for that matter, I'll still be seeing this based on how much I enjoyed Man of Steel. I'm sure Affleck will be a fine Batman, Eisenberg just seems like such a strange choice for Lex Luthor.

Just curious, @Shingi_70 What terrible movies are you referring too? I'm assuming Wolverine Origins and X-Men Last Stand.. I don't know what the 3rd could be. I think X-Men is definitely on the right track right now, First Class is probably the best Superhero movie released since Iron Man. Man of Steel is up there with it. There's no doubt in my mind that DOFP will be amazing and if they can keep up this quality Apocalypse could be the pinnacle of the series.

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

935. Posted:

@Spuratis

Go watch Social Network and its clear where they plan to take his lex.

I meant those two, and I was saying maybe to Wolverine which I haven't seen yet.

I'd say Winter Solider is the best superhero movie since Iron Man.

edit: new Justice League Line up
Untitled

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

936. Posted:

Ahh, I haven't seen Winter Soldier yet, it's on my list along with The Wolverine, heh. I'm not a huge fan of Captain America but I've only heard good things about the movie and the first was alright so I'll be sure to check it out when it comes to blu-ray.

I've seen Social Network and actually love that movie. My problem with Eisenberg I guess is that he just feels like the same character in everything that he does. Maybe just because he gets typecast-ed. That recent movie he did with the doppleganger actually looks pretty good and I want to see that.

By the way.. I finished up the Swamp Thing TPB's I was reading today (scott snyders run) I thought it was all pretty good. Didn't really feel like it dropped off at Rotworld either. Only thing that bothered me was that it felt a bit confusing in some places.. but yeah, other than that I enjoyed it. It just makes me want them to take another swing at a Swamp Thing TV series or at least include him in some sort of Live-Action feature. I imagine they could make something much better with the effects they have now.

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

937. Posted:

I'd wager that reading it in a graphic novel makes rotworld go better. Reading it month to month it seemed to be a pretty slow burn. Was Constatine and frank with Swamp Thing in rotworld.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

938. Posted:

Honestly I can see them pulling Arrow and Flash into the MOS Universe (Or should I say the JL Universe) and heck maybe even Gotham. For one thing if they do that they wont have to make origin movies for either Green Arrow or Flash cause that will be covered by the shows. They can just pull them into the series maybe include some flashbacks for people who haven't seen the series. By not only doing it that way they also speed up the time needed to origins stories for either of them. We wont have to wait for them to make an origin movie for Arrow and Flash which would put the JL movie onto a longer waiting list. Plus I can see Arrow fitting in nicely int the DCCU as it is. They did have last season a few references to Green Lantern.

Stephen Amell has already expressed extreme desire to portray Green Arrow on the big screen.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

939. Posted:

@shingi_70 Frankenstein was, but I don't recall seeing Constantine. I know they talked about him. I liked how there was a ton of cameo's from other characters like Poison Ivy and the undead Superman/Flash, it was cool how they made Poison Ivy part of the Green.. There was a couple of characters who I had no clue were, one being this plant-ish Goblin looking fellow who apparently is a Batman villain..

Now I just need to get the other Swamp Thing comics from Charles Soule and read them. I'd like to read them before the release of Futures End Swamp Thing. I've heard they've all been pretty good.

@Tasuki I don't see Arrow or Flash ever making their way into Gotham. Two different TV networks.. I just don't see them working together when they are normally competition. Who knows though. Gotham is actually shaping up to look like a decent show and Flash looks much better than I expected. Still haven't watched Arrow, I'll probably check it out when season 2 hits Netflix.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

940. Posted:

@Spuratis: The probably wont have Arrow or Flash on Gotham but they might use Gotham as Ben Afflack's Batman's backstory. That's what I am alluding too.

Different Networks doesn't mean anything since DC owns the rights to all of them. I mean the character of Detective John Munich (who started out on the tv series Homicide and later was a regular on Law and Order SVU) Had cross overs into X Files which was a Fox show and also appeared on other shows on other Networks as well such as HBO and UPN. So Arrow, Flash and Gotham being on different networks isn't a problem. The thing is I dont see Arrow or Flash appearing on Gotham cause of the timeline I mean Bruce will still be a child on Gotham so I would think that Oliver and Barry are around the same age as Bruce or maybe even a bit younger.

My Backlog