General Discussion Forum

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Showing 901 to 920 of 1,012

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

901. Posted:

Its really good but bogs down once you hit rotworld. Pick up Animal Man since the books work in tandem for the most part.

My favorite issue of the Snyder run is the first annual with art by Becky Cloonan.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

902. Posted:

I don't have to read Animal Man do I? I've actually never even heard of that characters until a couple of days ago.. I think that the animal annual is somehow intertwined with these Swamp Thing TPB's I have. I have gotten that far yet. Just the first book, issues #1-7. I can't really afford to buy Animal Man right now though. Swamp Thing was always one of my favorite superheroes growing up that's why I decided to choose this. I was torn between this and Uncanny X-men Remender run.. this was the cheaper option.

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

903. Posted:

Nah they intersect with each other but they really cross over until issue #12. After that they tell two sides of the same story and don't reconnect till #17.all you need to know is that Alec/ST is the Avatar of the Green and Animal Mans daughter is the Avatar of the red.

Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

904. Posted:

I just did a litlte research on Animal Man. I might check him the series out once I've got a few others out of the way. Is it really good or were you just recommending it because it coincides with Swamp Thing? The character (Animal Man) seems really.. cheesy in design? I don't know, for some reason despite his powers being quite interesting he isn't that appealing. If it's worth a read though I might check it out. That picture you just posted he doesn't look bad at all. Reminds me of Havok from X-Men or something, heh.

So I don't even think they've explained what the "red" is yet in the comics I'm reading. I've been guessing it's the animal side of things, I just assumed it was blood which obviously leads to that conclusion. That explains Animal-Man. I didn't look him up when I read that the Annual issue was included, I'd figure I'll just get there when I get there. I'm pretty geeked though about getting into comics again.. last time I read them I was about 10 and now I'm 28. Next week I'll be going to Motorcity Comic-Con.. never been there so it ought to be interesting.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

905. Posted:

Damn Wish I could go to Motor city but I have no car and Novi is a couple hours out from Detroit.

Animal Man is legit good and is better than swamp thing at times. It recently ended so wait for the last trade and read the whole series Think of the red as the life version of the Green, its anything with blood that lives hence why animal man has the fancy animal powers.

If you like the Supernatural like Swamp thing the new 52 has a ton of it.

The trailer for the constantine series.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

906. Posted:

That actually looks pretty good, I will definitely tune in. I loved the movie and didn't even know it was based on a comic when I first saw it. Still haven't read any Constantine comics, I was never really big on DC stuff aside from some Batman and Swamp Thing as a kid. I actually have House Of Secrets with the first appearance of Swamp Thing in decent condition.

I was curious to see if Swamp Thing was ever included in anything like Justice League and in my search I found out about the Justice League Dark and how he made an appearance in that. Is JLD a good series? It seems like it would be pretty good. I don't know much about the characters aside from Constantine.. but Zatanna seems cool.

I might check out Animal Man next if I can find the recent tbp's for a good deal. I just want the same run that coincides with the Swamp Thing. I bought the 3 swamp thing TBP's at the store for full price ($50 total) and then today I seen them on ebay altogether $16.00 starting bid and ends in two hours. I looked thoroughly before I went to the store, too.. so that's annoying. Oh well.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

Platypus

907. Posted:

Spuratis wrote:

I might check out Animal Man next if I can find the recent tbp's for a good deal. I just want the same run that coincides with the Swamp Thing. I bought the 3 swamp thing TBP's at the store for full price ($50 total) and then today I seen them on ebay altogether $16.00 starting bid and ends in two hours. I looked thoroughly before I went to the store, too.. so that's annoying. Oh well.

You wouldn't happen to have a link would you?

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

908. Posted:

Instocktrades they have a ton of stuff on markdown. Justice League Dark is great but the book really doesn't get good until Jeff Lemire comes on with issue #9. Its one of the books in the Tirnty War crossover from last year and just finished up a. big crossover event with four of the other magic related books.

Currently I'm reading

Action Comics
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Detective Comics
Batman Eternal
Futures ends
Phantom Stranger
Batman Beyond 2.0
Justice league beyond 2.0
Smallville season 11
Constatine
Batwoman
Pandora
Justice league
Justice league untied
Justice league Dark
Superman
The flash
Wonder woman
Superman/Wonder Woman

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

909. Posted:

Platypus wrote:

You wouldn't happen to have a link would you?

@Platypus

Here you go. http://www.ebay.com/itm/SWAMP-THING-Volumes-1-3-The-NEW-52-/1...

I thought about checking out Batman Eternal. I've heard it's really good so far... The only currently running series that I'm checking out right now is (it isn't DC) Moon Knight and Iron Fist. I have the first few issues of them sitting with me right now. I'd preferably like to get into some other current starting series as well. I ordered Ultimate-Spiderman #1 to check out what the fuss about Miles Morales is without buying into the whole Amazing series. I mainly wanted to read the Scott Snyder Swamp Thing run so I can catch up and get into the current Swamp Thing run, but I'm probably going to have to wait for the TBP's of that as well, unless I can find all the comics in one place at a good price.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

Platypus

910. Posted:

Eternal is fairly good. It's a little slow in some issues, but looks like it will pay off. It's actually one of the few comics I'm buying. Other than Batman Eternal I'm only getting Moon Knight, and Black Science.

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

911. Posted:

Anyone else counting down the days 'till the Arrow season finale? I want to see it so bad, but I don't want the season to be over.

There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

912. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Anyone else counting down the days 'till the Arrow season finale? I want to see it so bad, but I don't want the season to be over.

Lol I know what you mean. I have been really enjoying this season alot. But I also can't wait to see what they have in store for next.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Platypus

913. Posted:

Man, with Flash, Arrow, SHIELD, Constantine, and maybe Gotham, this fall is going to be a dream come true for comic book fans.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

914. Posted:

Read the first issue of Black Science but nearly everything indie with a few expections I'm trade rating. Going to my comic shop to get lumberjanes #1, Bee and Puppycat, and to pre-order death vigil.

Untitled

WAT!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

915. Posted:

First shot of Batman and the hood of the Batmobile from Zack Snyder's twitter.

Untitled

WAT!

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

916. Posted:

@shingi_70 The costume looks really good! I like how it is more of a spandex look than Bale's. Bale's suit was pretty sweet, but it just wasn't comic booky enough for me. I think the only thing I don't like about this new costume is how large the bat symbol is on his chest.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

917. Posted:

Previously on Arrow.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

918. Posted:

Well, the Arrow season finale was awesome and so was The Flash trailer.

Can anyone believe they killed off Detective Lance? Geeze, Laurel has lost everyone

Edited on by SkywardLink98

There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

919. Posted:

Arrow finale was so good. I wished Slade would have stayed powered up but that ending scene on the Island with the supermax prison was awesome.

The trailer for the Flash series.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Platypus

920. Posted:

I'm just really stupid, forget what I said before, the Flash looks awesome.