General Discussion Forum

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Showing 881 to 900 of 1,012

AuthorMessage

Platypus

881. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Dont read blackest Night unless you read johns Green Lantern from the start with rebirth.

Is there any DC story which isn't an alternate universe/timeline, or a Batman story where I don't need to buy a ton of paperbacks to understand it?

Edited on by Platypus

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

RR529

882. Posted:

Started watching Justice League on Netflix.

I watched it as a kid, but it's been a long time so I figured I could go through it again (also, I never watched JLU, so rewatching this will get me prepared for it).

Also, out of curiosity, are the Superman & Batman of this series the same ones as from their individual 90's cartoons?

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

883. Posted:

Yep Yep

Its called the DcAU which is a series of cartoons which share the same universe and contnuinty.

Batman The Animated Series
Superman the animated series
Justice League
Justice League Unlimited
Batman Beyond
Static Shock
The Zeta Project

For example the flash from Justice league first appeared in an episoide of Superman the anointed series. The First episoide of Justice League takes a few years after the finale of Superman man, and the last episoide of JLU is a finale too Batman Beyond.

DC is printing two digital comics called Batman Beyond and Justice League beyond which take place after all of this but before the last JLU episoide.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

884. Posted:

Solicitations are starting to come out for July. Will probably post them tommorow when they're all up.

DC also announced the September books apart of the Five Years later event. No creators but alot of it sounds interesting.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04/22/ordering-dcs-3d-cover-...

to go with that last week Earth 2: World's end was announced by way of the nerdist. Its a weekly series taking place on Earth-2 and has on the writing team Daniel H. Wilson, Tom Taylor, Paul Levitz, Marguerite Bennet, and Mike Johnson, and on Art Eddy Barrows, Jorge Jimenez, Stephen Segovia, Paulo Siqeira, and Tyler Kirkham.

Tom Taylor is the current writer of the regular Earth-2 monthly book, and Paul Levitz is the writer of World's Finest about earth-2 charcters power girl and huntress on the main earth, but based on the July solicitations they're going back to Earth 2. This was accompanied with the following teaser art by Ben Oliver.
Untitled

With that said here's the covers to future's end so far.

The New 52: Future's End
Untitled

Future's End #1
Untitled
Future's End #2
Untitled

Future's End #3
Untitled

Future's End #4
Untitled

Future's End #5
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

885. Posted:

Anyone watch the latest episode of Arrow. Craps going down heavy. Not sure how Ollie will get out of this.

Ray Fisher has been reportedly cast as Victor Stone/Cyborg in Man of Steel.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/25/ray-fisher-cast-as-cyb...

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

886. Posted:

So it's official The Justice League movie will be coming out in 2018

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/04/27/justice-league-movie-to...

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

887. Posted:

Also confirmed movies in develoemt for

Shazam
Metal Men
100 Bullets
Sanan
FBP

There was no formal date given about Justice league but most are expecting 2017 since the films are being shot back to back.

There was a rumor from bleeding cool that DC was going to expand the MOS universe.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12/02/spring-and-fall-the-ne...

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

888. Posted:

I might be wrong but I though I read somewhere that Manu Bennett who plays Deathstroke on Arrow is in talks for a DS movie.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

889. Posted:

Well Arrow/Flash has done a ton of world building that could fit in the Man of Steel universe and seems to have gone out its way not to conteidoxt anything. It helpsnthat MOS never says what year its in so they tie the TV stuff in pretty neatly. (Realatixlly MOS would take place in the gap between Arrow season 2 and 3.

The rumor I heard was DC was waiting to see how the Flash series was received despite the pilot getting rave reviews internally.it just makes top much sense not to connect it all when they already have a deathstroke and Sucide Squad liked by people to make a movie of. Plus having a wonder flash would work with cyborg who's also on his early 20a.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

890. Posted:

Well Arrow/Flash has done a ton of world building that could fit in the Man of Steel universe and seems to have gone out its way not to conteidoxt anything. It helpsnthat MOS never says what year its in so they tie the TV stuff in pretty neatly. (Realatixlly MOS would take place in the gap between Arrow season 2 and 3.

The rumor I heard was DC was waiting to see how the Flash series was received despite the pilot getting rave reviews internally.it just makes top much sense not to connect it all when they already have a deathstroke and Sucide Squad liked by people to make a movie of. Plus having a wonder flash would work with cyborg who's also on his early 20a.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Platypus

891. Posted:

That makes sense, DC's plans are clearly not as thought out as Marvel's. I remember when they were planning on ditching the Man of Steel Universe to create a new one with JLA. I am nervous about the Flash show. It seems like it would require a special effects budget bigger than what CW can afford. Flash's villains also might seem out of place in the serious DC universe they have set up.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

892. Posted:

When wasat they were planning to ditch man of steel. There was a JL film.on the works before but it got scrapped for MOS.

The only flash rouge that looks out of place is Grodd. The rouges at the end of the day are blue collar criminals who are all about the score.
Untitled

Its one of the things that makes the Flash well the Flash. He's a much note light hearted hero than even superman.

Arrow put that on display pretty well with the contrast of Barry and Ollie's personality too eaxhs theme music. Plus Arrow has already went deep into.crazy braxk with the Mirikuru, reverse Flash, particale accelators, earthquake machines, and light guns.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

893. Posted:

I dont know, if Flash follows the same formula that Arrow did concerning villains they can make any villain fit in. I mean if they can bring about Solomon Grundy in a fashion that makes sense and not to out of place in the realism that they are going for then I am sure then can do it to plenty of other villains.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

894. Posted:

They could the rouges are the easiest since at the end of the they they're just Blue Collar criminals who's on for the score and aren't really evil. The mini series they had recently was pretty dope.

Plus we had Dr.Light's light gun so I think were going to see Arrow get more fantastic.
Untitled

Batman Eternal was pretty rad batgirl off the rails. Flash annual seems like a pretty good follow up to last week's but the non booth art was iffy.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

AuthorMessage

SavoirFaire

895. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Also confirmed movies in develoemt for
Metal Men

A few months ago I would have scoffed at a metal men movie. After the reboot they have been given in Justice League the last few issues, this would likely be my most anticipated "lower tier" super hero movie. For whatever reason they just click really well now.

I need to binge watch Arrow one of these days, it sounds like the series is finally hitting its stride. I am a Suicide Squad fan from the Deadshot/Bronze Tiger/Captain Boomerang days. A group of killers was never so much fun (except maybe for the Secret Six...)

I'm not a big Flash fan. For me, I think his villains have more personality than he does. For whatever reason, the flash seems to be overshadowed by his villains and they seem more fleshed out than he does, and yet somehow this doesn't happen to batman. I also think the flash's rogues could work well on TV.

SavoirFaire

Nintendo Network ID: rdean1209

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

896. Posted:

Got caught up with Arrow today and wow it looks like this season's finale looks like it will be better then last seasons. Can't wait to see how it all comes together.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

897. Posted:

So Gotham will be joining the Fall line up on Fox here's the latest trailer and does it look good.

My only fear is that Fox is notorious for cancelling shows after one or two seasons so I hope that doesn't happen to Gotham.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

898. Posted:

Superheroes and Batman are too big for this to be canceled after 2 seasons unless the ratings completely tank.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

899. Posted:

Arrow was renewed.

The Flash
Gotham
Constantine
I, Zombie

All got full series pick ups. Expect trailers next week.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

900. Posted:

Anyone here read the new 52 Swamp Thing? In particular 1-18 Scott Snyder's run. I mentioned in the Marvel thread I was going to start reading comics again and decided to pick up the Vol 1-3 TPB's and just finished the first one.. so far it's awesome and I couldn't put it down. I want to start the second but I refrain because I want to stretch them at least a couple of days. Was just wondering if anyone else enjoyed that series.

Rezalack