General Discussion Forum

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Showing 861 to 880 of 993

AuthorMessage

Mitsuko_Chan

861. Posted:

People hate the '89 Batman and Man of Steel because the main superheroes kill their enemy without remorse. I didn't even know they got bad reviews.

あなたは素晴らしいです。あなたと誰混乱させてはいけない。
YouTube Channel | Miiverse | deviantART | Hatena

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8065-2098 | Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

862. Posted:

Did Batman 69 get bad reviews people tend to like it. Man of Steel got flacked becuases people (me included) doesn't think superman should kill at all. He had remorse after killing Zod but its the act in question. The wider market doesn't seem to care since nearly every hero these days kills the bad guy.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

863. Posted:

Neko_Chan wrote:

People hate the '89 Batman and Man of Steel because the main superheroes kill their enemy without remorse. I didn't even know they got bad reviews.

Honestly I never saw Batman as killing the Joker in Batman, Yeah he tied his leg to the gargoyle but I think that was more to keep him there till the cops arrested him, he had no idea that the gargoyle was going to break off and pull Joker to his death.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

RR529

864. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Neko_Chan wrote:

Honestly I never saw Batman as killing the Joker in Batman, Yeah he tied his leg to the gargoyle but I think that was more to keep him there till the cops arrested him, he had no idea that the gargoyle was going to break off and pull Joker to his death.

That, and it's a generally well liked film. This is the first time I've heard anyone claim it's overall disliked...

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

865. Posted:

Words cannot describe how pissed and in awe I was when I saw Superman make that final decesion on Zod. There were so many options left and yet he killed him. Also the reason the movie got such bad reviews is because it was more action heavy nonsense and not enough dialouge and character build up. I love myself some action, but even I could barely stand some of the super quick camera moving scenes.
I have to say though, it was still probably my favorite superhero movie last year, right behind "The Wolverine".

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

866. Posted:

What other options. Zod was pissed off, had the full suite of powers, and was a way better fighter than Clark.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

867. Posted:

Preview pages for Batman Eternal #1
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Mickey

868. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

What other option.

Punch him through another building, gouge his eyes out (gruesome, yes, but it still isn't snapping his neck), and, going a little farther back, here's a doozy: What if Superman took the extra time he got from Zod being overwhelmed by Earth to beat him senseless? Or maybe, in one of his 'heroic crazy attacks' earlier, he could've taken the fight to space? Or maybe (going back to the scene) he could have... oh, I dunno... GRABBED HOLD OF ZOD AND FLOWN HIM OUT OF THE BUILDING!?

But, of course, that was too complicated for Man Of Steel's Superman. All he could possibly have done was snap Zod's neck. What, do you expect him to think!? Only Batman can think.

PS: Or maybe the people who were gonna get killed could've just ran away. Y'know, instead of just standing there (which is what all normal people realistically do when they're in danger in the real world).

Edited on by WaLzgi

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

869. Posted:

As for Superman killing Zod the director said that the reason behind him killing Zod was to give him a reason why he doesn't kill anyone going forth.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

SavoirFaire

870. Posted:

In the context of the movie I was ok with him killing Zod: he was relatively new to this superhero thing, and never had fought someone of that power (or likely anyone for that matter). Moreover that to me is a realistic action than something contrived (phantom zone inprisonment comes to mind). sometimes you just have to kill the bad guy when ou have no other options. What else was he going to do? How else would Zod be stopped, imprisoned, and kept there? I actually viewed it as a character development item. Now if in the next movie he doesn't attempt to move the villain to a less populated area, or starts randomly incinerating bad guys, I'll complain!

SavoirFaire

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

871. Posted:

Let's be honest its not like people cared. Marcel heroes kill left and rightand no one bats an eye.

Happy Birthday Batman.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

872. Posted:

Riddler has been cast for Gotham

http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/future-riddler-cast-in-f...

An interesting twist on this though it seems that Edward Nygma will be a forensic expert in the pilot that is acquaintances with both Gordon and Bullock. Then of course later on he will become the Riddler.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

RR529

873. Posted:

Just watched Man of Steel for the first time, and man was that awesome! Easily my favorite DC movie by far (it's been ages since I've seen the old Superman movies though, so I can't compare it to them).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

RR529

874. Posted:

Sorry for the double post, but did anyone else catch Robot Chicken DC Comics Special 2: Villains in Paradise last night?

I'm not too familiar with some of the characters, but it was pretty humorous overall.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

875. Posted:

Haven't seen it yet. I didn't think it was coming till summer tbh.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

RR529

876. Posted:

I caught Superman: the Movie on TV today! (good timing too, as I just watched Man of Steel recently)

It was a pretty fun watch, and I'll say I definitely enjoyed the more lighthearted tone the film had.

I know I'll get flak for this, but despite that, I did like Man of Steel more. The action is a large part of the enjoyment I get from superhero movies, and Man of Steel is almost unparalleled in that area, IMO. I still liked the original though (even if the whole time reversal was laughably bad).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

877. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

I know I'll get flak for this, but despite that, I did like Man of Steel more.

Now where is my pitchfork and torch at?

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

878. Posted:

Man of steel is my favorite superman film but the older one still is awesome.and has one of my favorite themes.

One page from Batman Eternal #1
Untitled

Teen Titans and Sucide Squad getting relaunched in July.

Untitled

Suicide Squad is being written by Sean Ryan and drawn by Jeremy Roberts. Team is Deathstroke, Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Amanda Waller, Black Manta, Jokers Daughter.

Untitled

TEEN TITAN is written by Will Peifier and drawn by Kenneth Eockafort.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Platypus

879. Posted:

Batman Eternal #1 was pretty interesting. Not amazing, but it does seem like it will pick up steam eventually.

Also, I have a question for DC fans. I've just started reading DC comics and I was wondering. If I pick up Blackest Night, will I be able to understand it without having great knowledge of the universe. Also, can I only read Blackest Night 0-8 to get most of the story? or should I buy the tie-ins?

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

880. Posted:

Gordan effed up. I'm looking forward to the next two issues of eternal. The pacing will be similar to a TV series where there good and bad issues.

Dont read blackest Night unless you read johns Green Lantern from the start with rebirth.

WAT!