General Discussion Forum

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Showing 841 to 860 of 988

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

841. Posted:

I would like to see a movie based off of the Deathstroke character on Arrow. I am really enjoying Manu's portrayal of Deathstroke alot.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

842. Posted:

With the news of Harley Quinn Potentially being in the Suicide Squad episoide of Arrow it seemed time for a Avatar change.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

843. Posted:

I have been subscribing to (Batman) for about a year and a half now and I noticed that I have read a single "Detective Comics" yet, so I just received Detectice Comics Vol. 1, Vol. 2, a mint condition issue #1.
I ordered issue #27 too, so that should be coming soon as well.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

844. Posted:

#27 is kind of a special issue with stories by a bunch of writers. I's say when John Layman starts writing is the best time to start reading the book. Or come in next month with the new creative team.

The Flash Costume Folks
Untitled

DC also announced a new book yesterday. Infinity Man and The Forever people written by Dan Dido and drawn by Keith Giffen the team who worked on Omac at the start of the new 52. Omac was pretty Rad and seeng these two team up for another Jack Kirby series is up my alley.

INFINITY MAN AND THE FOREVER PEOPLE #1

On Sale 6/11
U.S. Price: 2.99
Written by: Keith Giffen, Dan Didio
Art by: Scott Koblish, Keith Giffen
Cover by: Scott Koblish, Keith Giffen
Variant cover by: Howard Porter
Four of the best students from New Genesis arrive on Earth to study and aid in the advancement of humanity – but they soon discover a darker purpose to their mission: a threat so great that it may bring the multiverse itself to its knees! The only thing that stands between them and total destruction is the mysterious entity known as the Infinity Man!
Don’t miss the start of this new series by Dan DiDio and Keith Giffen, the team that brought you the over-the-top adventures of O.M.A.C.!

Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

845. Posted:

@shingi_70 That new comics sounds interesting that the New 52 just added!

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

846. Posted:

Yeah I was big fan of OMAC so i'll be adding this to my list as soon as its out.

Trailer for the new Arrow coming next week

WAT!

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

847. Posted:

Some of the characters from the DC universe just seem odd live action. Dead shot is definitely one of those.
Also Deathstroke's costume looks too much like the comic. They should have tried to modernize it for TV.
Flash seems like it can be pulled off though.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

848. Posted:

Picked up this little gem from my local Goodwill today for $5

Untitled

Not sure what comics it covers but apparently it covers a wide selection of comics containing Joker. Iirc its from his introduction to the late eighties (Since this book was published in 1990).

Can't wait to start reading it.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

849. Posted:

Does it have a credit to who did the cover? It looks pretty dang awesome.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

850. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Does it have a credit to who did the cover? It looks pretty dang awesome.

Yeah the cover art is done by Dean Motter.

And the stories in it were published by DC from 1939 to 1987 originally.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

851. Posted:

That's sounds it cover everything from his first appearance to hopefully ylthe Killing Joke.

Heh the newest issue of Superman/Wonder Woman has one of the biggest trolls I've ever seen.

Did a commentary track for MOS for a friends podcast. Will probably put the link in my Sig. Will probably start a sub podcast on his site for the DC TV and film stuff.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

852. Posted:

@Tasuki Wow! What a steal! I am pretty sure the original "Killing Joke" Should be in there.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

853. Posted:

Nope Killing Joke is not in it. Killing Joke came out in 1988.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

854. Posted:

Solictations are starting to come out.

Think this is going to be my new Wallpaper
Untitled

There's also a Batman 66/Green Hornet crossover book written by Kevin Smith for the older guys.
Untitled

As for actual comics JLA got really dark last week. I wasn't expecting Star-grls kid brother to be murdered.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

RR529

855. Posted:

Watched the '89 Batman last night on TV.

I guess it was alright, but it didn't leave as much of an impression as I thought it would (maybe I was expecting too much from it?).

Then again, I've never been a big fan of Tim Burton's work, either. I've seen a fair number of his movies, but his style is just off putting to me for some reason (seems like it would be an acquired taste).

Batman was definitely one of the better ones though.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

856. Posted:

@RR529: I always liked Batman Returns much more then Batman. I really liked what they did with the Penguin character and of course how could you not like Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman? Way better then Ann Hathaway IMO. I mean Batman was good dont get me wrong but to me Returns just seemed like the better movie.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

857. Posted:

Returns is the better if the two IMO. I mean it has rocket penguins.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

858. Posted:

@shingi_70 Awesome! I still haven't played Scribblenauts Unmasked yet, but it looks awesome!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

859. Posted:

Haven't played the game either but the comic is pretty awesome. Rest of the solications are out.
http://www.newsarama.com/20593-dc-comics-full-june-2014-solic...

The best covers
Untitled

Red Lanterns
Untitled

Justice League Dark
Untitled

Action Comics
Untitled

Futures end
Untitled

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

860. Posted:

Caught up with Arrow again, still enjoying it. I really enjoyed the Suicide Squad episode alot and am looking forward to more of them. Funny thing with that episode I thought of the fact that Harley Quinn has been portrayed in live action before but never a live action Batman.

My Backlog