Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 801 to 820 of 1,460

shingi_70

Irons will probably be more like the Alfreds from Beware the Batman and Batman Earth One. A tad bit younger and more gruff with more hands on time training Bruce. Always liked the fact that Alfred was usually a solider or apart of MI6 before becoming a butler.

I'm guessing Essinbegs luthor will be more like Lez from smallville with a dash of Adiran Vidct from Watchmen.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

HawkeyeWii

Well that is very interesting, but I think that Bryan Cranston would have fit Lex better. Too bad those were only rumors a while back.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Mickey

Yeah, I wasn't too sure about Bryan Cranston, but I would've picked him before Jesse Eisenberg. Don't get me wrong, Jesse (minus the curly hair) looks a little like Lex, but so do I... Although, I'd say I'd look a lot more like Lex if I shaved my head and put on a few pounds, but whatever.

Even though, at this point, it goes against all logic (in my opinion), I'll just trust Snyder and hope for the best.

On the other hand: Jeremy Irons as Alfred? I can totally get behind that.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Tasuki

I dont know I think they were going for a younger Lex which if they were I would say that Bryan Cranston is a bit too old, otherwise I agree he would be perfect, Still I am curious to see how this movie turns out.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

shingi_70

After watching Year One Cranston needs to be Gordan in my mind.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Blast

@shingi_70 and @Tasuki and @Mickey @HawkeyeWii Jesse Eisenberg is literally playing the same guy in every movie he's in. He's like freaking Kevin James and Adam Sandler. Eisenberg has no depth besides that same persona he has in almost every movie he's in. Is he a bad actor? No but he isn't a talented one either.
I don't care if they wanted a younger Lex Luthor. Anybody who ignores Bryan Cranston for Lex Luthor, hires Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, and hires Ben Affleck to be Batman is a fool.
Ben Affleck will prolly attempt to have a air of superiority around him which will prolly either be too forced or too cheap
Gal Gadot is a terrible actress.... Fast&Furious, anyone?
Bryan Cranston is actually intimidating.... Eisenberg isn't. I can't take Jesse seriously.
But will this movie flop? No, no... Its gonna make huge money but it also has a high chance for having terrible reviews.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Tasuki

Well some more info about the TV series Gotham

http://www.thewrap.com/foxs-gotham-casts-penguin-alfred-others/

Looks like they got their Penguin and Alfred. I am actually looking forward to this show. I know alot of people are fearing that this is another origin story for Batman and that we have had enough of those but honestly to me it looks more like an origin story of the villains and the other people around Batman with Batman taking a back seat. Still if DC does as well with this show as they did with Arrow I will be enjoying this one.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Well sorry for the double post but man the DC news just keeps coming.

So now it looks like Harvey Bullock will be in Gotham and will be played by Donal Logue

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/donal-logue-gotham-series-bat...

I honestly can't say if this is a good or bad choice since the only Harvey Bullock I am familiar with is the one from BtAS. As far as the actor goes I have only seen him in bit parts like Ghost Rider. But still I trust the casting people to make good choices.

My Backlog

shingi_70

Yesterday was new comic book day. Inky reqd Batman #28 and it might be one of my favorite single issues ever.

WAT!

HawkeyeWii

Okay so what is this whole "Batman Eternal" thing about? I am really intrigued by it! Is it going to be an ongoing series or just a year story arc? Also would I be bale to subscribe to it, or would I have to visit comic book stores?

Twitter:

shingi_70

@Hawkeye Wii

Since Batman is still doing the whole Zero year Thing, Eternal is going t be a weekly Batman book that takes place in the post forever evil universe. It starts in April and we have six issues solicited so far at $2.99 a pop. Its going to be the main batman book going forward and from what we Know the regular Batman book and Catwoman will tie into its storyline.

Being a weekly book its writing will be similar to a TV show with mutiple writers working on different stories. The writing crew i

Scott Snyder as the Showrunner
James Tynion IV previously of Batman back ups and Talon
John Layman of Chew and Detective Comics Fame is on for eight issues.
Ray Fawkes who's writing Justice League Dark and Constantine
Tim Seely of Hack/Slash and Revival
Kyle Higgins of Nightwing

The book is supposed to be all encompassing of parts of the Bat Universe from the GCPD to the Gotham Gazzate and will have mutiple protagnist.

Tynion stated he would be focusing on some of the younger members of the Bat Family, including former Robins Tim Drake and Stephanie Brown. Additionally, Tynion will be introducing a larger role for the Gotham Gazette and Vicki Vale, and will examine how their roles as reporters affect Gotham.
Seeley revealed he would be working within the action, espionage, and adventure genres, with his arc focused on Batgirl.
Fawkes will be covering the horror genre and aspect of Gotham, while focusing on Batwing.
Layman, before leaving the project, was to focus on "the colorful aspects of Gotham" and the villains

We got the first teaser during last years thanksgiving
Untitled

Batman 28 was a look into Batman Eternal and its position would be issue 39.5.

Untitled

BATMAN ETERNAL #1
Written by SCOTT SNYDER, JAMES TYNION IV, JOHN LAYMAN, RAY FAWKES and TIM SEELEY
Art and cover by JASON FABOK
1:50 Variant cover by ANDY KUBERT
On sale APRIL 9 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
Don’t dare miss the start of the Bat-story so big it’s going to take every week of the month to tell! A massive cast of Gotham City’s best (and worst) examines the relationship between Batman, his allies and his city. In this debut issue, Commissioner James Gordon is caught on the wrong side of the law!

BATMAN ETERNAL #2
Written by SCOTT SNYDER, JAMES TYNION IV, JOHN LAYMAN, RAY FAWKES and TIM SEELEY
On sale APRIL 16 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
A notorious Batman adversary appears for the first time in The New 52 continuity!

BATMAN ETERNAL #3
On sale APRIL 23 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
A gang war erupts in Gotham City, but the G.C.P.D. doesn’t plan to help Batman stop it. Plus: The return of a fan-favorite Batman supporting character: Stephanie Brown!

BATMAN ETERNAL #4
Art by DUSTIN NGUYEN
Cover by JASON FABOK
On sale APRIL 30 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Batman battles Batgirl as Jim Gordon’s troubles take a turn for the worse!

Untitled

BATMAN ETERNAL #5
Written by SCOTT SNYDER, JAMES TYNION IV, RAY FAWKES, JOHN LAYMAN and TIM SEELEY
Art by ANDY CLARKE
Cover by ANDY KUBERT
On sale MAY 7 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
As the Dark Knight’s weekly series continues, Red Robin takes center stage in a major Gotham City mystery that has Harper and Cullen Row caught in the crosshairs!

BATMAN ETERNAL #6
Written by SCOTT SNYDER, JAMES TYNION IV, RAY FAWKES, JOHN LAYMAN and TIM SEELEY
Art by TREVOR McCARTHY
Cover by ANDY KUBERT
On sale MAY 14 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Something hellish is brewing in the tunnels under Arkham Asylum…and Batman’s going to need the help of The Demon to stop it!

BATMAN ETERNAL #7
Art by EMANUEL SIMEONI
Cover by ANDY KUBERT
On sale MAY 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
New players enter the gang war that’s setting Gotham City ablaze!

BATMAN ETERNAL #8
Art by GUILLEM MARCH
Cover by ANDY KUBERT
On sale MAY 28 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Is Stephanie Brown an assassination target?

Have you read Batman #28 before I spoil it.

WAT!

HawkeyeWii

@shingi_70 Thank you for all the info!!! Yes just read #28! I totally understand what your profile pic is now hehe. So is Batman Eternal subscribable? I looked at the sub sheet that came with my monthly comics, it isn't on there nor on the DC website! I haven't read a line out of a Forever Evil book, so will that be crucial reading for this series?

Twitter:

shingi_70

Not really, pretty much every book will be either jumping to the post forever evil timeline or finishing up there stories before jumping.

Forever Evil is the crime syndicate taking over the Planet and the three Justice Leagues being taken out. So various people step to the forefront to protect the earth.

As for subbing to Eternal try DCBS service an online comic sub service with deep discounts.

WAT!

shingi_70

Arrows Suicide Squad
Untitled

Untitled
Batman 28 was good. Can't wait for eternal or harper getting her own book.

Untitled
Man Prado and Resist killed it on Justice League. The metal man was a nice distraction from how Dark Forever Evil is.

Untitled
Untitled

Man this book is soooo good. Reminds me of Fractions run on Immortal Iron fist. Sorentino might be my favorite artist at DC.

WAT!

shingi_70

I enjoy Batman and Robin for what its worth. It and Forever remind of a modern update on the 60s TV show in terms of absurdities.

WAT!

HawkeyeWii

@Kawaii_Neko Sorry i must have never noticed it. I just watched it though and it was pretty funny haha. Gotta love those Arnold one-liners.
"The ice age cometh!"
"Everyone Chill!"

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic