Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 781 to 800 of 1,460

shingi_70

Arrow comes back next week and The Flash is supposed to start shooting its pilot in March. Also Batman/superman is coming to my hometown in March to shoot some scenes.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Tasuki

Yeah I can't wait for Arrow to come back. Been watching season one again on Netflix to help me with the wait lol. Also I don't know if I missed something but is Barry no longer going to be on Arrow anymore or are they saving him for his own show now?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

SavoirFaire

Tasuki wrote:

@HawkeyeWii: I remember reading somewhere where Reynolds himself said that they said they wont use him for Green Lantern again. I think if anything they may use the Jon Stewart version of Green Lantern for the JL movie.

I read somewhere (wish I could find the link) that Denzel Washington was attached to the JL film now, or at least getting closer to being attached.

I would prefer a proper wonder woman movie before throwing her into the JL movie, but I think that is just a pipe dream. I have a really bad feeling that DC is doing TV right, and movies wrong (marvel is doing TV wrong and movies right, imho). It really needs to be a tight script to have a JL movie work, otherwise it will turn into a X-Men Last Stand disaster.

SavoirFaire

Nintendo Network ID: rdean1209

shingi_70

Sinestro is getting a book xonr Apirl.
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

ThePirateCaptain

@Tasuki
Originally they were going to have a one of the Arrow episodes serve as a backdoor pilot for the Flash, but CW decided to give it it's own seperate pilot because they liked what they saw. Apparently the filming for the pilot will start in March, can't wait!

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

SavoirFaire

Good to see sinestro getting a book, I may pick that up. I was actually psyched to see him pop in (spoiler?) in the latest forever evil. I've also noticed multiple Doom Patrol references in Forever Evil, but I wouldn't have much faith in the series lasting too long (as it almost never does).

I've been tempted to start on Arrow as AoS has fallen off my watch list. Could I start with Season 2 and not be far behind? I just don't have the time for binge TV watching.

SavoirFaire

Tasuki

SavoirFaire wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

@HawkeyeWii: I remember reading somewhere where Reynolds himself said that they said they wont use him for Green Lantern again. I think if anything they may use the Jon Stewart version of Green Lantern for the JL movie.

I read somewhere (wish I could find the link) that Denzel Washington was attached to the JL film now, or at least getting closer to being attached.

That was more then likely a rumor I can't see Denzel playing GL for one thing he is too old and there are plenty of other young African-American actors that would be great for that part. I have heard a rumor that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is being talked to for that part but at this point I am counting that as a rumor.

CapnPancakes wrote:

@Tasuki
Originally they were going to have a one of the Arrow episodes serve as a backdoor pilot for the Flash, but CW decided to give it it's own seperate pilot because they liked what they saw. Apparently the filming for the pilot will start in March, can't wait!

Yeah I read that too but I was wondering is Barry not going to be on Arrow anymore? (I know we wont see The Flash but I was just wondering if Barry will pop in from time to time).

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

shingi_70

DC just started announcing more new books and creative team switch ups for April. Joining Sinestro DC just announced two more books.

Untitled

Secret Origins which will retell the origins of various DC heroes for mew readers. The first issue will cover Superman, Supergirl, and Dick Grayson by the current writers of those charcters.

Untitled

Forever Evil Aftermath: Batman Vs Bane by Peter Tomasi and Scot Eaton. Its going to be an epilouge to the current forever evil arkham war series where Bane is running around in a batsuit breaking backs.

The new Flash creative team is Robert Vendetti and Van jensen on writing with Brett Booth on art.
Untitled

They're doing more procedal stoories focusing on Barry as a cop.

Plus Wally West is coming back that month as well in The Flash Annual #3.
Untitled

WAT!

shingi_70

Zero Year in a word has been Awesome. The best praise that I can give to it is if Batman Year One was the definite Batman origin for the past twenty years than this one will be the one everyone goes to for the next 20.

Year One made a ton of sense for a Batman in his Late 40s of the past DCU where everything started in the 80s. But alot of it didn't apply to a Batman who had just started around 2005.

Aquaman is getting a second series titled Aquaman and the others by Dan Jurgens and Land Medina.

Untitled

WAT!

shingi_70

Justice League of America is ending in March and will be replaced with Justice League United in April.

Untitled

The line up is
Adam Strange
Animal Man
Martian Manhunter
Green Arrow
Supergirl
Miss Martian
Plus a new character

The teams head quarters will be in Rural Canada and the team will be a more space faring theme with the first story arc taking place if Rann and the second on Thangar.

Also here's the cover to Justice League #30
Untitled

Lex Luthor and Capt. cold are joining the Justice League.

WAT!

shingi_70

Batman vs Superman has been pushed back till 2016.

WAT!

SavoirFaire

Too bad about JLA, it seemed to be a series that only served to set up Forever Evil. It did give me the most cringe-worthy scene in any comic in recent memory: Atomica "playing" in a MMO...somehow... with her shrinking powers...

I am sure Luthor and Captain Cold in the JL will last maybe an arc or two. Justice League has always been the book that seemed to write checks it never did cash, with a great roster and mediocre stories.

I wish we could get a proper villains book, without the Suicide Squad strings (i.e. Waller). I enjoyed Secret Six, and was sad to see it not make the new 52. A villains book would do well to have a core of 2-3, and then rotate in the new 52 villains and flesh them out a bit more. I don't expect the new origins book to last long, as you either run out of origins, or you are stuck reading about 1 (or 2) characters you don't care about, just to read about the one you do.

I'm not sure how to take the Batman v Superman pushback. I am more worried about the new x-men movie blowing it, so once that is over, then I can worry about Superman/batman blowing it

SavoirFaire

shingi_70

JLA was pretty much like you said a book that was mean't to further the current story for TW and Forever Evil. It was clear when JLI was cancelled despite good sells and had its ending written by Johns. The Atomica scene was pretty odd and I was kind of crushed when Atomica turned out to be evil. I was looking forward to seeing a solid friendship between the four new members of the league.

All the current Justice League books have been decent and sometimes being really great. The book has been consistenlly good since throne of Atlantis.

I'd say try the Rouges mini series for Forever Evil.

Yo
Untitled

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

shingi_70

Some dude on GAF posted somw rumors he heard

The villians are Lex Luthor and Metallo

Batman forms a UN type deal to stop Superman from destroying another city

Aquaman is in it, but not called Aquaman. He's there because the world engine in the ocean did something to the fish

Jason Momao is definitely up for Aquaman

Wonderwoman poses as a Wayne Enterprises investor to retrieve an item that belongs to her people.

Lex Luthor is in the shadows a lot, a manipulator. Not much face time with Superman.

Robin betrayed Batman at some point, leading to a falling out between them

The Batcave was super cool looking, and the mobile looked similar to Burton's

Lois is investigating Lex.

Metallo "kills" Clark

The Daily Planet is bought by Lex Luthor for PR purposes

At the end Superman is living in exile, and the Justice League is an government approved superhero team.

Take with a grain of salt since this is apparently before Adfleck who's a huge comic fanboy brought in the writer of Argo to rework the Script.

Plus a second bigger more credible rumor
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/30529/lots-of-batman-vs-supe...

Joaquin Phoenix is reportedly still the main favorite to play the film's primary villain Lex Luthor, with the decision now up to the actor.

Henry Cavill will sport a decidedly shorter haircut and the trademark Superman single curl, said to be similar to the look in the "Kingdom Come" comics but without the grey streak.

Ben Affleck's injury was purely a musculature rib injury, it isn't too severe, and he'll be back at full-health sometime in April. What the injury has done has made him unable to perform certain movements for the fight sequences - so a stunt double will be used.

There are numerous reasons for the delay, Affleck's injury isn't one of them. One is said to be budgetary. Part of that is talk of including a brief visit to Wonder Woman's home of Themyscira, an addition that will require massive (and costly) visual effects.

Reports of "Batman Vs. Superman" and "Justice League" being shot back-to-back are half-true - it "is being considered but no official decision has been made at this time."

Reports of a cliffhanger in the film setting up "Justice League" are "very much true". The apparently plan is rather than following the Marvel method of mid and post-credits scenes, DC will end their films with a cliffhanger setting up the next.

There's also reportedly plans to do "short films for their lesser known characters. These short films would be played at the end of each film."

WAT!

shingi_70

Justice League War was pretty good.

Solcits came out this week and the books being canceled are

Nightwing
Superman Unchained
Suicide Squad
Stormfront
Justice League of America
Teen Titans

WAT!

Tasuki

So caught up with Arrow for now and as usually I am really enjoying it.

I love Deathstroke's look and it looks like we should be seeing Speedy here soon. I can't wait.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic