Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 761 to 780 of 1,460

RR529

Why was it terrible though?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

HawkeyeWii

RR529 wrote:

I'd write a review for it right now, but I am exhausted from writing so much about Green Lantern for one day lol.
It is my opinion that it is bad, you might think that it is good @RR529 which is completely fine, but I don't.
Not to mention if I explained in detail why Green Lantern is so bad, my rant would fill an entire forum page lol.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

the_shpydar

RR529 wrote:

Every single minute of it was absolutely horrible.
There is no need for greater analysis than that.
And it has nothing to do with whether one knows anything about or is a fan of GL in the comics.
The movie was just a horrible, horrible piece of cinema in virtually every possible respect.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

@HawkeyeWii: I remember reading somewhere where Reynolds himself said that they said they wont use him for Green Lantern again. I think if anything they may use the Jon Stewart version of Green Lantern for the JL movie.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

HawkeyeWii

the_shpydar wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Every single minute of it was absolutely horrible.
There is no need for greater analysis than that.
And it has nothing to do with whether one knows anything about or is a fan of GL in the comics.
The movie was just a horrible, horrible piece of cinema in virtually every possible respect.

@RR529 If you don't want a huge rant from me, than this is about the exact thing I would say right here ^^^^^^^^
@Tasuki Ok thanks for the info. Hmmm maybe they'll get Idris Elba to play him?

Twitter:

shingi_70

Next week is the big Two Part Arrow mid season featuring Barry Allen.

Forever Evil is ending in March so either in that month or April we should be getting new books and starting points. As for the next storylines we know that DC is throwing around the ieda of a five years later event. But something more concrete Geoff Johns ended his Aquaman run this week and the epilouge was this.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

It takes place after the events of forever evil making it the first story to do so. We know every book will be starting fresh at a post forever evil standpoint. For those who haven't keep up with the comics the guy named Orm is Aquaman's Half brother who was the ruler of Atlantis before being deposed for attacking the surface in Justice League's first crossover Throne of Atlanis

Short version of the story, A missle goes off from a US Navy ship and hits Atlantis. Atlantis being pissed decides to flood Major cities and attack the surface world. The Justice League gets their butts handed to them and its up to Cyborg, Aquaman, and some reserve Legauers to save the day. At the end of the story Atlantis is considered a big threat by people who used to laugh at Aquaman are all scared of him. At the end of the crossover Aquaman takes his place as king of Atlantis, The Justice League realize that they have to expand the league, and the league being out for so long gives Amanda Waller the push she needs to start the JLA.

The other dude is from Aquaman and was the king of Xebel one of the seven ocean kingdoms and hates Altantis for being the biggest kingdom and hates Aquaman for stealing Mera from him.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

DC will start making two films a year in 2015 that are low budget with possible entries being

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12/02/spring-and-fall-the-ne...

Suicide Squad
Booster Gold
Deathstroke
Team 7

So we could end up with three films coming out from DCE in 2015.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12/02/one-hour-at-a-time-the...

The Hourman series might be an anthology about a pill that gives people random super powers.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12/02/a-joker-in-gothams-pas...

The first episode of Gotham will be Gordan trying to solve the murder of the Waynes/

Look's like Solomon Grundy, The Question, and Red Hood will be showing on Arrow.

The CW is spitballing brining Young Justice back as a live action teen drama.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12/02/young-justice-the-live...

But who cares about all of this, when Green Arrow week. This wensday Green Arrow is back in the Morning with Green Arrow #26 and the start of the Outsider War.
Untitled

Than during the evening its time for the two part Arrow mid-season finale featuring Ollie teaming up with Barry Allen as Brother Blood's super Army comes up to attack the city.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

Looking forward to Superman/Batman even more. I'm thinking now all the shows and films will be connected.

But did you guys see Arrow this week. This has to be my favorite show on the air right now. The series did superpowers really well and storywise this season seems like its set before MOS.

Untitled

WAT!

Mickey

Why the heck did they pick Gal Gadot? There were, like, a dozen different actresses you could've chosen rather than Gal "My God, EAT A BURGER!" Gadot, Warner Brothers!

Okay, I'll keep an open-mind, maybe she'll go through some exercise thing like Henry and Michael did and maybe her rib cage won't be so visible when they start filming, but... Why?

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

shingi_70

Well Gal Gadot looks the part and is still a pretty unknown actress despite being in the Fast series of films. Knowing Snyder she's going to be put through the ringer in terms of training and getting into shape. A big reason they picked her over the other choices is probably due to her race, wanting a Wonder Woman who isn't a white female.

Even build wise the New 52 Wonder Woman isn't built like a house but has a medium built that should be achievable for Gal to get into.
Untitled

WAT!

ThePirateCaptain

I'm really tired of all the people complaining about how skinny Gal Gadot is. I don't really have an opinion on her as an actress, as I haven't seen any movies with her in them, but the complaints about her weight are getting ridiculous.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Mickey

@shingi_70 That's a cute excuse. Since the New 52 got it wrong, it's okay if Warner Brothers/Zack Snyder got it wrong. In regards to her "looking the part", I present to you: Lynn Collins.
Untitled
This is Lynn Collins.

And about that whole 'unknown actor' thing: I bought that with Henry Cavill. From the moment I saw him I thought he was gonna be one of the best Supermans yet. I stand by that even after seeing the movie. Gal Gadot may knock it out of the park, I could be completely wrong, but, right now, we don't know that. In fact, Gal Gadot's previous acting experience (being the obvious love interest for Vin Diesel in the Fast and Furious movies) makes me even more confused as to why they chose her! Ben Affleck may have gotten flack similar to what I, and several others, are giving to Gal, but that dude has people like Joss Whedon saying he'll do a great job. Gal Gadot's some nobody who doesn't have the look (granted, not yet), doesn't have the presence, and certainly hasn't proven she has the acting chops for this role from what I've seen of her, to play Wonder Woman. I don't know about you but, until she's proven that she's worthy of being THE Female Superheroine, I'm gonna stay skeptical until She, Warner Brothers, or Zack Snyder, gives me a solid reason not to be.

But I can definitely see where you're coming from with that "A big reason they picked her over the other choices is probably due to her race, wanting a Wonder Woman who isn't a white female." thing. I still think compromising Wonder Woman's overall body-type was a mistake, but that reason at least kind of makes sense, I'll give you that one.

@CapnPancakes Wonder Woman isn't skinny, she shouldn't be skinny because she's an amazon, and it's a very valid reason for fans who care about how Wonder Woman will look to dislike the casting decision.

Edited on by Mickey

The Mousekeloggery

HawkeyeWii

@CapnPancakes She's absolutely gorgeous, but honestly she just isn't big enough to be her. I have to agree with the majority. I'm sure she can either gain some weight and/or they can use some special effects to make her look different.
Wonder Woman is not supposed to look super thin, Wonder Woman is supposed to be a built woman.
I actually thought this woman (Olga Kurylenko) would have fit the part better.
Untitled

Edited on by HawkeyeWii

Twitter:

shingi_70

@Mickey
Oh race aside Lynn Cllins or Jamie Alexander would have been my first choices. But I don't mind DC picking someone relatively unknown either since I can go in and be surprised. I do agree with the Amazon thing and while it won't happen here I enjoy when writer's point it out with Diana being taller than Superman or Batman.

I'd disagree with saying the new 52 got it wrong. Wondy actually looks greek; but that's splitting hairs when paradise island is full of a bunch of different looking women. But the Wonder Woman book is one of the best in comics right now.

Untitled
Untitled

We also don't know the route their going to plau it. We could be seeing Wonder Woman as Argus Agent Diana Prince for a good chunck of the film.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

You watch the new Arrow yet?

WAT!

Mickey

@shingi_70 You're probably right about 52 Wondie, I personally have only been judging by what other like-minded comic book fans have said about it. I'll agree to disagree. Thank you for handling this so well. And I haven't seen the new Arrow (or any Arrow for that matter) since I kinda stopped watching after the first episode since my Dad stopped recording them. The show intrigues me so I might jump back in later...

PS: I had you all wrong. I fully expected everyone to jump on my back but came back from Karate to see the calmest disagreement I've seen in awhile. Rest assured, I won't underrate you guys next time.

The Mousekeloggery

shingi_70

So Batman #28 coming in Febuaury was supposed to be the finale of the Zero Year Storyline. But instead the Zero Year conclusion will be Batman #29. (it ties up cleanly with everything finishing storylines in March). Instead Batman #28 will be a special issue taking place in the Future of the DCU taking Place in the six months after Forever Evil. It would be the second book to showcase post forever Evil world as Last month's aquaman flash forwarded to this part of the timeline as well. Foreverv Evil is ending in March and every book in April is fast forwarding to Six Months after the event ends.

Alongside the news Synder showed off what Looks like Harper Row in Nightwing gear.
Untitled

WAT!

shingi_70

Arrow's mid season finale was epic as hell.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

Tasuki

Just found out today that the Xbox 360 (Not sure if PS3 has one since I dont have a PS3) has a CW app where you can stream all episodes of Arrow.

Still a few episodes behind which I hope to catch up on tomorrow.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Ok all caught up on Arrow and all I have to say is freakin wow. So many characters they are foreshadowing its freakin nuts. I can't wait to see what else this season has in store.

My favorites were

Solomon Grundy, Ras Al Ghul, and of course Flash

I also really loved the return of

Melcom and Slade Wilson or should I say Deathstroke

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic