Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 741 to 760 of 1,460

Tasuki

I enjoyed Man of Steel, of course I still like Superman more. But for a this gen superhero movie it was good. A little slow at times but it was setting the stage for this version of Superman.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

shingi_70

@Mickey

It was explained. Clark destroyed the cloning chamber and the rest of the Kryptonaians were locked away into the Phantom Zone. Zod literally had nothing to live on from that point on other than causing Clark as much pain as possible.

Solicataions came out yesterday and here are the ebst covers for each line.

Forever Evil #6
Untitled

Justice League #28
Untitled

Constantine #11
Untitled

Action Comics #28
Untitled

Birds of Prey #28
Untitled

Green Lantern Corps #28
Untitled

Suicide Squad #28
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Mickey

@Sony_70 Okay, that's stupid. It technically makes sense since it was all written in a way so it makes sense, but it's still stupid.

@HawkeyeWii I'm glad we're in agreement on that. At the very least, it can only get better from here, right?

Right?

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

HawkeyeWii

Mickey wrote:

@HawkeyeWii I'm glad we're in agreement on that. At the very least, it can only get better from here, right?
Right?

Yes I definitely think so, without a doubt. Batman is in the next one after all

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Tasuki

Well finally got caught up on Arrow and all I have to say is WoW looks like this season might even be better. I really like the route they went with Black Canary and I also like how they are bringing in the League of Shadows. As just about fell out of my chair when BC said "Be mindful of your surroundings" I was like no way she didn't lol. Also in this last episode I noticed more talk on the news that the particle accelerator is finished at Star Labs so it looks like we should be seeing Flash here real soon.

My Backlog

ThePirateCaptain

@Tasuki
When they mentioned the League of Shadows for the first time my jaw dropped. So far this season has been outstanding and I can only see things getting better from here. I believe the Flash will be in episode 8, so not too much longer.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

HawkeyeWii

I just bought Batman: The Killing Joke, Arkham Asylum: Serious House on Serious Earth, so now my Batman collection of comics consists of:

• Batman: Year One
  • Batman: The Killing Joke
  • Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
  • The Court of Owls
  • The City of Owls
    And then every individual comic from the New 52 of Batman after The City of Owls.

Twitter:

shingi_70

Anyone read Batman today. I'm pretty sure Zero Year we go down as my favorite Batman story, seeing some golden age riffs coming back and a badass hot rod batmobile were pretty cool. The Back up was a nice way to tie back into Harper Row and all the other Zero Year Tie ins.

This may be one of my favorite panels ever.
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Tasuki

CapnPancakes wrote:

@Tasuki
When they mentioned the League of Shadows for the first time my jaw dropped. So far this season has been outstanding and I can only see things getting better from here. I believe the Flash will be in episode 8, so not too much longer.

Yeah I believe Flash is set to be in three episodes with the his final appearance in Arrow being a backdoor pilot for the Flash series.

My Backlog

HawkeyeWii

@Sony_70 I can't wait for my issue! Hasn't come in the mail yet though :/

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

I got my issue #25 of Batman yesterday. I love the cover! It is very simple and all one color, but I just love it. While on the topic of the cover I am wondering if anyone else got this issue and had some white (Light area) towards the top of the bat symbol on the cover.
@Sony_70 Did you have this on your cover?
I am just wondering if it is normal or if something happened to my cover in the mail.

Twitter:

Tasuki

Well I since it was freen on the PSN I went ahead and tried DC Universe Online on the PS4 and I am having alot of fun with it. MInd you it wont top WoW as the best MMO but if your a fan of DC and like that sort of thing then I high suggest checking it out.

My Backlog

shingi_70

We have our Barry Allen
Untitled
Untitled

He's going to be in episoides 8 and 9 and instead of showing up again as the flash he's going straight to a full pilot and wil lcrossover with Arrow next season.

WAT!

Tasuki

Well I tried to get caught up with Arrow today. I saw last week's episode (looks like they are bringing in H.I.V.E. into the mix) but this week's episode my DVR only recorded half of the episode. I am so mad now. So I have to ask was their anything that I need to know that happened in this week's episode that I will have to know later on to make sense to me?

My Backlog

shingi_70

-The count was hired by Brother Blood to stop the Arrow.
-Ollie kills the count after he found out that Ollie and Arrow are one in the same.
-Moria is found not Guilty on all counts
-We find out Malcom Merlyn is still alive and Thea is his daughter.
-Brother Blood's superpower serum.
-On the Island Team Arrow is looking for something that can save the human race. Pretty sure its going to introduce super powers.

The next episoide will be December 4th and will be a two hour special where Arrow is having trouble with the new Super dudes and only a Police Scientists from Central City can help him.

WAT!

HawkeyeWii

Oh god.... FX was showing "Green Lantern" tonight and my dad was watching it while I was in the other room. I popped in every so often because I swear I heard a dying woman giving birth, but nope I was wrong, it was just the main villain of a movie..
What a wretchedly awful movie! Literally and no exaggeration whatsoever, the movie makes me want to gag.
Just reminds me of what happens when DC attempts to make movies that aren't Superman or Batman.
(Edit) I swear, if the Justice League movie turns out even remotely close to the failed DC attempts at movies, then I will probably never see a DC movie again unless it is a solo Batman or Superman movie.
Come on DC! You can do it! Please pull through with the Justice League movie. I am begging you!!!

Edited on by HawkeyeWii

Twitter:

RR529

I never got what was so bad about the Green Lantern movie. Admittedly, I know nothing of the comics, but I actually enjoyed that one quite a bit.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

What I find funny is that one of the writers for Green Lantern is also one of the creators of Arrow. It boggles my mind that he can do something so bad as Green Lantern and then do a great job with Arrow.

My Backlog

HawkeyeWii

RR529 wrote:

I never got what was so bad about the Green Lantern movie. Admittedly, I know nothing of the comics, but I actually enjoyed that one quite a bit.

I am in the same boat as you, I haven't read a Green Lantern comic in my life... which I thought might help before watching the movie, because I heard "Green Lantern comic fans" were hating it, but no... just no... it is just awful.
Which makes me wonder, when they end up making the Justice League movie are they going to reboot Green Lantern already or have Reynolds play him again? Personally I thought for how short of screen time he had in "X-Men Origins", he was a much better Wade Wilson.
Now I am going to go throw up for saying the words "Green Lantern" so much.

Tasuki wrote:

What I find funny is that one of the writers for Green Lantern is also one of the creators of Arrow. It boggles my mind that he can do something so bad as Green Lantern and then do a great job with Arrow.

Being a Creator and being a Director are 2 totally different things bud and in this case Green Lantern had a much worse director than any of the many directors for the Arrow TV series.

Edited on by HawkeyeWii

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic