Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 641 to 660 of 1,460

the_shpydar

Constantine TV series could be interesting, though it may just turn into a Supernatural-clone.

I enjoyed Garth Ennis's run on Hellblazer (I love most of Ennis's stuff in general), but beyond that I never really got into Constantine as a character.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

RR529

is the first season of Arrow on Netflix streaming yet? I'd like to get into it, if it's up yet.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

Tasuki wrote:

@RR529: Not yet but you can stream the first season at CWTV.com.

Well, the computer is my brother's, and he's a bit picky about how long people can get on it.

I surf the web with my 3DS, and for videos I rely on Netflix on PS3 (or 3DS, occasionally) & YouTube on 360.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tasuki

@RR529: Ah gotcha. Well the first season came out on the September 17th on DVD. Sometimes Netflix has a month long wait before something comes to streaming (Its some kind of deal that they have with the production company) so I am guessing if it does come to stream it will be October 17th or somewhere around that time.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

shingi_70

Anyone who likes Arrow and its story beats should check out the Green Arrow comic its pretty awesome.
Untitled
Untitled

On the comic new front DC announced a semi tie in to Forever Evil. Its called forever Evil Blight and will deal with Forever Evil's impact on the magical side of the DCU with all four of the main DC Dark books being involved and having a ton of magical charcters.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/10/04/whats-new-in-the-new-...

As you’ll learn when JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #24 hits stores later this month, it was the House of Mystery that protected him. And when he wakes up, Constantine will refuse to believe that his teammates – particularly Zatanna – are dead. Therefore, he casts a spell to locate them … but his search is quickly blocked by a dominant force within the metaphysical world. It seems that the Crime Syndicate’s invasion has significantly enhanced the levels of evil in the universe, and that this evil has a physical manifestation: Blight. In order to save Zatanna, Constantine will be forced to take on Blight. Along with Swamp Thing, Nightmare Nurse, and the Trinity of Sin themselves – Pandora, Phantom Stranger, and The Question – Constantine will need to defeat Blight if he wants to ever see the woman he loves again. But when Blight becomes aware of Constantine’s quest and draws in a human host to take him down, will Constantine and the army he’s assembled be enough to battle a force that encapsulates all the evil in the world? Stretching from October through March, FOREVER EVIL: BLIGHT is an 18-part saga that will run through the pages of JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK, CONSTANTINE, TRINITY OF SIN: PANDORA, and TRINITY OF SIN: THE PHANTOM STRANGER to tell the story of Constantine and Co.’s battle against Blight and attempt to rescue the fallen heroes of the DC Universe – and by the time it’s over, the status quo for each of the titles participating in FOREVER EVIL: BLIGHT will have major changes!

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Tasuki

Just a heads up tonight is the season premier of Arrow on the CW at 8:00

My Backlog

shingi_70

Aww yeah let's do this.

Won't be getting my comics till tomorrow but I did read Batman #24 and I can say it might just be the perfect comic for me. Its an expensive ($8) double sized issue but its flawless and the ending reminds me of kid icarus.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

Arrow has been good thus far. I like the fact that they address unhinged copy cats coming up to take Arrow's Place. So far the comic refrences have beem

Star Lab in Central City is working on a Partical accelerator that should launching in december.

Bethany Snow is a news anchor for Channel 52 during the news segments.

WAT!

RR529

Saw Green Lantern tonight on FX!

Granted, I know nothing of the actual comic universe, but I don't really get why this is so disliked. I thought it was pretty fun, to be honest.

Sure, some of his creations were a bit on the campy side (notably the Hot Wheels style track he used to save the helicopter), but at the same time, it goes to show the immense possibilities one with such powers would have at their disposal, and you could tell the movie makers were having fun with their imaginations.

I know it's not likely to get a sequel (a shame, IMO), but I hope they at least reboot it, and give the concept a second chance (especially with their recent moves in setting up a Justice League film).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tasuki

@RR529: And anyone else who's interested, but my assumptions were correct and now the first season of Arrow can be streamed on Netflix.

My Backlog

Syrup

Superman/Wonder Woman #1 came out yesterday. Gotta say, this series is off to a pretty good start. I'm interested in reading who Charles Soule will build and develop the relationship between Superman and Wonder Woman, since currently, it has been something that hasn't been fully explored. Also loving the wonderful art by Tony S. Daniel. Hope that he stays on the series for a good while.

It's a shame to hear that Superman Unchained is only going to last 9 issues. Honestly, Snyder's take on the Man of Steel was one of the best so far in the New 52.

In other comics related news; Batman is getting a new weekly series in the style of "52" and "Countdown", titles "Batman: Eternal". This new series is set to explore Gotham during the events of "Zero Year", and establish a new status quo for the Dark Knight. "Batman: Eternal" debuts Spring 2014, written by Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, Ray Fawkes, John Layman, Tim Seeley, featuring art by Jason Fabok.

shingi_70

That Unchained news sucks. I'm guessing its becuase lee can't draw for that long. I was hoping Snyder would have did to superman what he did to Batman.

I'm reading Superman/Wonder Woman right now. I liked the scene where with the Sword and it would be a intresting Dynamic for Diana to be the one to tech clark to fight instead of the normal batman teaches him. On an aside note Cat Grant has been my favorite part of the superman universe since early this year and I don't see that changing soon. I was bummed out that Daniel left Action Comics so I'm glad to see him working on the Big S again.

Like I said eariler Batman #24 is in the running for my favorite comic this year. The coloring of Capullo's art is enough to pick the book up.

Sucide Squad by Mat Kindt was great. Its a pretty standard introductory arc when it comes to dealing with the new cast coping with Forever Evil. I was wondering why more Heroes are in the book but by the end its makes sense. We have seperate plot lines that will probably going to come together. Omac is still my second favorite DC book so seeing him show up and looking to be a big part of Forever Evil makes me happy.

I just need to know was the Snowoard dude Sportsmaster, also i'm a bit confused about one of the plot points. Only have Arkham War and Green Arrow to read left.

That Batman weekly will probably be mine. I'm expecting the other weeklys among the new books announced this weekend.

WAT!

RR529

Just was on Netflix instant to check out Arrow, and ended up watching the first two episodes (considered watching the third, but as it was getting late, I decided against it).

Needless to say, I'm hooked. It seemed almost instantly engrossing, and those two episodes flew by. Can't wait to watch more.

BTW, thanks to @Tasuki for the heads up

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

shingi_70

Cover to Batman Eternal
Untitled

More Batman news from NYCC
-Batman 24 was a celebration of Batman
-Batman 25 is Batman vs The Riddler vs Gordan
-Poison Ivy is in Zero year owning apart of Gotham
-Stephaine Brown is coming Back in Batman Eternal #3
-Detective Comics 25 is a gordan focused zero year tale.
-Nightwing 25 is also a Zero year tie in about dick trying to get home.
-Batman Etrnal is the driving force for the Bat books while the main title is stuck in the past.

Superman News
-Superman Unchained is now a mini series instead of an ongoing
-Superman Unchianed 4 is about Luthor showing why he's awesome
-Superman/Wonder will have Doomsday and Clark meeting Wonder Womans family.
-Brett Both new Superman/Batman artist
-Return of Krypton story arc starts this month
-Super Familt travels back in time to save the Planet
-Superboy dies in issue 25 and issue 26 will follow a new superboy who's superman and Lois future son.
-Parasite is coming back to Action Comics

I'm a bit surprised we didn;t get the announcement of any new books other than Batman. DC usually announces their new stuff next month But I expected the Superman and possible Justice League weekly series.

WAT!

RR529

Watched episodes 3 & 4 of Arrow today, and the show continues to get better. Something happened in each of these episodes that I wasn't expecting would happen until much later, really exciting.

Don't know if I'll watch anymore tomorrow though, being Toonami night & all.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

I was able to squeeze in an episode of Arrow last night. Pretty neat seeing him get out of that one, although I already guessed what he was going to do beforehand.

Also, the flashbacks (which were the slowest parts of the series, previously) are getting surprisingly interesting.

Sorry for the double post, BTW.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tasuki

Glad to hear that you are enjoying Arrow RR529. I too have been watching it on Netflix and am enjoying it just as much as I did the first time I saw them. I have also been picking up things that I have missed the last time I watched.

My Backlog

HawkeyeWii

I saw one of the coolest documentaries I have seen before on PBS tonight. It is called Superheroes: The Never Ending Battle and it was on PBS.
It was basically about the history and overall importance of superheroes to the real world and how huge of a symbol they are to all of us!
Here is a link to a trailer for it: http://www.pbs.org/superheroes
I am not sure whether it will be shown on TV soon, but it can be downloaded and bought in DVD form as well.

@Sony_70 Oh and I got my Batman #24 today. Man it felt like a long wait, but when I had that thick book in my hand I knew it was something special

Edited on by HawkeyeWii

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Tasuki

Well saw last week's Arrow episode finally and I have to say I love how all the pieces are falling into place.

Also I did catch the Flash setup in this episode and can't wait for them to introduce Barry Allen

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic