Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 621 to 640 of 1,460

Tasuki

@HawkeyeWii: I get what your saying. I guess its the person than and their life. I can find the time to watch a 40 minute tv show sometime during the day I can't really find the time for a 2 hour movie. Different strokes for different folks

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

HawkeyeWii

@Tasuki Yeah the episode is 40 min, but the whole story is 20 some episodes long. You watch a movie and get the whole story in a matter of a couple hours. That's the way I see it. What makes TV shows even harder to fit in, is the fact that most people already have a handful of TV shows they watch, so fitting in another is usually very difficult, because a lot of times that means they are dropping one. Whereas watching a movie doesn't create that problem.
I also don't have Netflix so I can't start from the beginning with most shows, I just have to wait endlessly in hope of the first episode going on TV again so I can watch it or record it, which is what I have been doing with Arrow.

I still haven't seen a single episode, but I really want to, to see if it is worth continuing to watch. Also it would be nice to catch up on it before this JL movie comes out, so I'm not left out in the cold and not knowing who this Green Arrow or Flash guy is and what their back stories are, which I feel like most people will be when the JL movie comes out. Only hardcore DC fans will watch both the Flash and Arrow TV shows to extensively know what is going on.

Edited on by HawkeyeWii

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Mickey

@HawkeyeWii "Yeah the episode is 40 min, but the whole story is 20 some episodes long. You watch a movie and get the whole story in a matter of a couple hours." Whereas, with TV shows: The TeleVision Demon reaches out from the TV, grabs hold of you after one episode, holds you captive, forces you to helplessly watch every other episode there is, and ruins your entire schedule.

And I thought I was the only victim of this monster.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

HawkeyeWii

Did I say you had to watch all of them endlessly in a row... Nope lol.

Twitter:

Mickey

@HawkeyeWii So watching a 40 minute episode is still harder to find time for than a 2 hour movie? The TV Demon, as far as I know, doesn't force you to watch other TV shows that you have to watch, so you can just, y'know, reschedule.

The Mousekeloggery

Tasuki

Lol. Sometimes I do end up watching them one after another but not usually. Mostly I watch an episode of something right before bed where as a can squeeze in a 40 minute episode. I could do that with a movie but I dont like too because I will end up staying up too late.

My Backlog

HawkeyeWii

Movies don't come around as often. TV episodes are weekly, so yeah I can usually find time to watch a 2 hour movie more easily than watching 40 min. episodes on a consistent basis so I remember what happened in the previous episode. Right now I have a job, college, and sports, so yeah..... I don't really have time in my schedule to watch TV too often.
Actually last night I saw a bit of an episode of Arrow, but stopped watching because I had know idea how far into the series is was. Still waiting around for that first episode to come through.

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

@Tasuki I tried it already, but it stopped to buffer to often. It was kind of annoying. How many seasons have there been for Arrow?
I'm thinking of just buying a Blu-ray pack of season 1 from Amazon.
(Edit) Nevermind, I just looked it up on Amazon and it is nearly $50! Kinda spendy. I'm still just going to hope for the re-runs to start popping up more frequently.

Edited on by HawkeyeWii

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

If Justin Beiber ends up being Robin in the new movie.... no no... if he ends up being in the new Superman/Batman movie at all, I am never going to see it. End of story. Please god let this be a joke WB... please!

Twitter:

Mickey

@HawkeyeWii You force me to remind you that Justin tweeted afterward:

Off to do something funny or...die

It's a Funny or Die video. End of story. (Source)

PS: And if Justin was gonna be Robin, I wouldn't allow that to ruin what could possibly be a great movie. But that's just me.

Edited on by Mickey

The Mousekeloggery

HawkeyeWii

I just can't stand Bieber haha. PH and good to see that you are still regularly on NL

Twitter:

shingi_70

Tasuki wrote:

Looks like Commissioner Gordon will be the focus of a new TV series titled Gotham

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/24/gotham-fox-commissio...

I think this might be interesting having an origin story about Gordon, I mean we all know Batman's. Not sure who or how young they will make Gordon but if its done as good as Arrow is I will surly watch that.

He has to be in his 30s depending on which route they take the story. In the Batman Mythos we usually get three different takes on Gordan.

-He a young officer when who first met Bruce the night the Waynes were killed.
-He's a more older mid 30s when Batman comes on the scene and he's from Chicago.
-Most of the time its a mix of the two with Gordan being a young cop in Gotham to console Bruce before moing to Chicago and coming back,

In the current comics when Bruce has just become Batman Gordan is middle aged (or what ever age Castle is on that show) and has pre-teen daughter.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Tasuki

Well according to the article it will focus on Gordon before he meets Batman and Batman will not be a part of the series. Which leaves me to think that it will be a young Bruce more than likely right after his parents are killed. I am thinking maybe a detective like he was in Batman Begins.

My Backlog

shingi_70

I wonder if they plan to set it next to Arrow and Flash Universe wise. As far as the show goes instead of full 22 episoide season they should go the eight to 13 route to keep each season nice and compact.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

the_shpydar

Holy crap, could this fill the role of the long-desired, often-rumored Gotham Central series? I would be all over that (assuming they had good writers, of course).

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

shingi_70

http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/dc-comics-constantine-daniel-...

NBC just picked up a Series based on Constantine making three new shows featuring DC guys next year. It also makes sense why DC has given Constantine a giant push.

Now DC/Warner say the magic words.

WAT!

HawkeyeWii

@Sony_70
Constantine TV show. Interesting...
He is a character that never really knew much about. I saw the movie and it seemed kinda like Doctor Strange or Van Helsing type of stuff.

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic