Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 601 to 620 of 1,460

HawkeyeWii

Mickey wrote:

@HawkeyeWii Now, I hate to look like a bully. And I don't want to look like I'm forcing my opinion on you, I just want to put my perspective out there.

Yeah, that amazing fast paced DKT fighting style. Like, remember that square-dance "riot" from DKR? Everyone was doing two vs. two fisticuffs. XD And then the thick ocean of "riot"ers part ways to make way for the prom king and queen Batman and Bane. Who knew Chris Nolan had a sense of humor! XD

I'm going to stop because every flaw I'm gonna bring up about The DKT is just gonna end up being your favorite part of the movie. For example: "It was awesome how Batman (the world's greatest detective) wasn't a detective in the movies."

You just wish that Superman...... or any DC super hero for that matter had even half the quality of most Batman movies. Yes it is your opinion and my opinion....And you probably don't give a crap about the majority of people's opinions, but The Dark Knight has already made it into many Top 100 movies (not of the last decade, or 5 years) of all-time! In Entertainment Weekly's top 100, they had it as the best Super hero movie ever and it was 85 overall, if I am correct.
Batman Begins, is still in my eyes the best out of the 3 though.
The Dark Knight is a movie masterpiece..... deal with it.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

Morphtorok wrote:

The blu ray came with tons of extra content... The history of robin, concept art... Even episodes of the animated series lol. I think I'll watch it all over again tomorrow.

I even feel like searching for more animated movies like that. Which ones have you seen?

Speaking of Animated Batman, I think it is absurd that WB hasn't called for a production of a blu-ray set for the original Batman TAS.

Twitter:

Tasuki

@Morphtorok: The only ones I have seen is Under the Red Hood, Batman; Year One and Superman: Doomsday. All were great IMO.

@HawkeyeWii: Maybe they will bring it out around the time Batman VS Superman comes out? Doesn't bother me I have all the seasons on DVD.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

shingi_70

@HawkeyeWii

Its all there if you go digital. But most likely there waiting till batman superman where we see a box set with both series.

Also Cyborg had was infected by a sentitant virus that took over his systems and seperated from his body. The virus is going by the name The Grid (ironic) and is the newest member of the CSA.

Pages from Forever Evil
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Mickey

@HawkeyeWii So you're saying I wish Superman or any DC Super-Hero had "even half the quality of most Batman movies."

... So now we're comparing characters to movies?

And for that matter, I LIKE Batman! And I like most of his movies! But no... I just don't care about the majority of opinions says the guy who's gone up against a couple people who don't think Superman is just a symbol.

"but The Dark Knight has already made it into many Top 100 movies (not of the last decade, or 5 years) of all-time! In Entertainment Weekly's top 100, they had it as the best Super hero movie ever and it was 85 overall, if I am correct."

Aww shoot, you're right! Some people think that Dark Knight was awesome so now your opinion is correct and anyone who thinks otherwise is just wishes their favorite characters could compare to Batman's awesomeness! I guess I'd better pack my bags and go home in defeat of you showing me polls. Because if the polls say it, it's automatically true no matter what your opinion is. Go back to the herd you sheep.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

HawkeyeWii

That's why I said before hand, I'm not sure if you care about the majority of the worlds opinion. And then I continued with the ''polls''. And to say I like what majority like makes no sense... Lol I was the guy who said he loved Man of Steel, and if I'm not mistaken that movie got mobbed by the critics.

Edited on by HawkeyeWii

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

Never said that just because these ''polls'' as you call them are nearly unanimously loving The Dark Knight that you have to like it, I'm just so confused on why you love to bash the Dark Knight Trilogy. Suit yourself. If you set the bar for good movies that high, good luck enjoying anything. You try to hard to look for chinks in the armor. I like to sit back and enjoy the movie. If Superman or Batman are in a movie it will most likely be great, unless it is Batman and Robin or the last 2 Reeve movies.

Twitter:

Mickey

@HawkeyeWii Okay, I'm gonna be fair: The armor is one of the things I dislike about the movies so you're sort of correct in that regard. XD

I was mistaken, you aren't really a sheep, because you liked Man Of Steel. Let me reiterate my stance, I don't take issue with you posting polls. I take issue with you using those polls to confirm your own opinion. Actually, y'know what? You're right! I don't care about the majority's opinion. Because I don't need polls or popular opinion to prove if my opinion is "correct." I like what I like and I don't have to read "Top 100" lists to make me feel better about it. I'm not saying you do, I'm saying I don't and you aren't doing much to prove that you aren't.

Edited on by Mickey

The Mousekeloggery

HawkeyeWii

Listened to this on my way to classes today. Just love the sountrack in these movies. Not even the word "epic" can describe this soundtrack.

Twitter:

the_shpydar

So W. Haden Blackman and JH Williams III are apparently leaving Batwoman after disputes with DC's editorial decisions, including changing the details of long-planned storylines and vetoing Kate and Maggie actually getting married. As much as I love Batwoman, looks like i'll be dropping the book once Haden and JH's run is done. It simply won't be the same book without their involvement.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

shingi_70

Favorite book but depending on who the new writer is i'm dropping it. Sucks becuase it's constantly been in my top three since the new 52 started. Though I'm glad they weren't able to go with the supernatural killer croc plan. I like my croc as somewhat muderous thugs who likes to beat sense into Junkie Sidekicks.

DC Editotial needs a major overhaul before the writing staff is nothing but Johns, Lemire, Snyder, and all they're proteges.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

Last parts of forever evil #1
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

Mickey

So the other day I watched the movie "Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox".

Guys, I was wrong. We need a movie for The Flash.

The Mousekeloggery

Tasuki

@Mickey: The Flash will be a spinoff from Arrow on the CW instead of a movie. In fact they will introduce The Flash in a 3 episode arc on Arrow this season which will server as a back door pilot for The Flash TV show.

My Backlog

HawkeyeWii

I think they'd get more exposure through movies than through TV shows. TV shows take a lot of work to find time to watch, whereas movies... Don't and are usually of much better quality.

Twitter:

Mickey

@HawkeyeWii On the flip-side, movies are hard and expensive to make. TV Shows are hard to make and expensive, but much less than movies. And is it really harder to find time for what is, most likely, a recording, than a trip to the theater? Just sayin'.

Edited on by Mickey

The Mousekeloggery

Tasuki

@HawkeyeWii: I have to disagree with you there. For something as complex as a comic book series a tv show suits it more than a movie. Movies are very time restricted while tv shows can go for a season at the very least which is at least 15 to 20 episodes. If you take the average show of being 45 mins long you have at least 11.25 hours to tell a story VS maybe 2.5 hours that an average movie has. This allows for deeper character development than a movie. Even if you do a series of movies like Iron Man for example it can't compare to how well you can develop a character with a tv show.

As for quality the quality is just about movie quality imo. Honestly I thought Arrow was on par with the Dark Knight series. Also with streaming services like Netflix or Hulu its alot easier to find time to watch tv shows nowadays. Heck even with a DVR its alot easier cause you can watch the shows on your time.

As far as DC splitting JL characters back stories between movies and tv shows I think its a brilliant move. By splitting duties between tv and movie studios a JL movie can happen alot faster rather than one studio being spread too thin working on a bunch of projects at the same time.

My Backlog

shingi_70

New Solicitations for December Issues. My favorite ones.
Untitled

GREEN ARROW #26
Written by JEFF LEMIRE
Art and cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
1:25 B&W Variant cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
On sale DECEMBER 4 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
“THE OUTSIDERS WAR” begins here! Oliver Queen finally knows the location of the Outsiders’ base, but first he must return to the place where Green Arrow was born: The Island! Secrets are revealed, new villains introduced, and a mind-blowing final page kicks off this new storyline with a bang!

Untitled

]JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #10
Written by MATT KINDT
Art and cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA
1:25 Variant cover by DALE EAGLESHAM
1:100 B&W Variant cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA
On sale DECEMBER 11 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
Combo pack edition: $4.99 US
Retailers: This issue will ship with four covers. Please see the order form for more information.
A FOREVER EVIL tie-in! The survivors of the Crime Syndicate’s attack now face a world where Earth’s most dangerous criminals are in charge. Can they bring a new team together in time to combat them?
This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

Untitled

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #3
Written by CHARLES SOULE
Art and cover by TONY S. DANIEL and BATT
1:25 Variant cover by GUILLEM MARCH
1:100 B&W Variant cover by TONY S. DANIEL and BATT
Retailers: This issue will ship with four covers. Please see the order form for details.
Zod unleashed! Can Superman and Wonder Woman stop this madman before he gains full power under the Earth’s yellow sun? Guest-starring the JLA, and featuring a shocking conclusion that could mean the end of Superman and Wonder Woman together!
This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

[img]http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/112/913/original/BM_Cv26.jpg

BATMAN #26
Written by SCOTT SNYDER
Art by GREG CAPULLO and DANNY MIKI
Cover by GREG CAPULLO
1:25 Variant cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
1:100 B&W Variant cover by GREG CAPULLO
Retailers: This issue will ship with four covers. Please see the order form for details.
ZERO YEAR continues! With Gotham City thrown into total chaos by The Riddler, Batman and Jim Gordon must learn to work together! This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue

Untitled

TRINITY OF SIN: THE PHANTOM STRANGER #14
Written by J.M. DeMATTEIS
Art by FERNANDO BLANCO
Cover by GUILLEM MARCH
On sale DECEMBER 4 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
A FOREVER EVIL TIE-IN! John Constantine, Swamp Thing and Nightmare Nurse have a plan for how to stop FOREVER EVIL—to destroy the embodiment of Evil Itself—and they intend to draft Phantom Stranger into their war. But the Stranger has no intention of joining the new Justice League Dark—until Constantine opens a door into the Stranger's past, revealing secrets that make him question everything he's ever believed about himself…

WAT!

HawkeyeWii

Yes it is much much easier to sit and watch a movie for an hour and a half to 2 hours rather than finding a significant amount of time in your schedule to work a show in.
Yes that's what I'm saying.

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic