Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 541 to 560 of 1,460

Tasuki

Honestly I know I will get laughs at this but I can see Ashton Kutcher as Wayne and Batman but from what I heard they are looking at someone older.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

the_shpydar

@HawkeyeWii
Downey did not get paid 50 mil for Avengers. He does however have "points" on the back-end of the Marvel films he's in — meaning that he gets a percentage of the box office take made by the movie (Nicholson had a similar deal for Burton's Batman flick), which was part of his contract re-negotiations following the success of the original Iron Man film. His total take from the film is actually over the 50 mil mark (Nicholson supposedly raked in around 60 mil), but that's not what he was paid for the film, and the money was wholly dependent upon the film's box office take.

As a general rule, there are very few actors who rate at a level where the studio is willing to negotiate a points-deal like that (think: Tom Cruise, etc), and studios are always very reluctant to do it. While Bale certainly has cache, he is not necessarily at that level — regardless of how good his portrayal was (the fact that he also has a slight rep of being difficult to work with on set doesn't help).

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

HawkeyeWii

I heard Downey didn't want to do Ironman anymore and then there were numerous articles that said he is getting paid $50 million for each of the last 2 Avengers.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

the_shpydar

I feel bad that we're de-railing this DC thread, so i'll just say this — those articles are either misinformed or misleading, or you didn't read them closely enough. There's been no official word on what Downey's getting paid for Avengers 2 & 3, and the "50 mil" numbers being thrown around are all speculation based on the total he's reportedly raked in from the first Avengers movie (70-80 mil) as a result of his back-end points deal.

That being said, Downey is in a unique position, where he is in the proverbial catbird seat in negotiations with Disney/Marvel — that was why he supposedly "didn't want to do Iron Man any more"; he was always going to be coming back, and he (and his agents) knew he had Disney/Marvel over a barrel when it comes to how much he can get (Disney/Marvel has reportedly done economic studies based on Marvel film box office totals that suggest that they would stand to lose as much as 10% of their box-office take if Stark was re-cast at this point in time).

In short though (to bring this back to DC, lol), Bale is nowhere near RDJ in terms of how much the studios would be willing to throw at him for a return.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

RR529

I'm thinking about trying some of those animated films they have on Netflix Instant Streaming (both DC & Marvel), and am wondering, would I have to have extensive comic knowledge to follow them, do you have to watch them in a certain order, or are they stand alone stories?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

The only one I really watched was Under the Red Hood and that one is a stand alone.

My Backlog

shingi_70

Even if they're adapting stories that tied into more comics or events (such as Red Hood tieing in with Infinite Crisis) the movies are stand alone. I'd say try Red Hood or Batman Year one as those are usually considered the best.

I watched The Dark Knight Rises for the first time today Still need to process m thoughts but so far

Batman Begins>The Dark Knight>The Dark Knight Rises

The DC solicitations came out this week and had some great covers.

Batman Family
Untitled

I love the cover to the Birds of Prey Zero issue. It has a very exploitation feel to it and I can totally see this being a 70s action film. The track suit incoprating the fish nets and elements of her current costume are a stroke of genius.

Superman
Untitled

Superman Unchained. Jim Lee can really throw down when he's inspired to. I'm not sure what the style is called but I love his more sketchish style with all of the lines around. Plus its a cover with Clark and Lois apparently sharing a moment. You don;t get that much with the whole Superman/Wonder Woman combo.

Justice League
Untitled
Makes sense in world without a Justice League the first born of Batman would be one of the few to step up. The cover really catches the eye as you wonder why what appears to be Superman is hunting down what could be considered his Godson.

Dark
Untitled
Just a simple cover shows the different Swamp Things of the past.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

HawkeyeWii

I have been subscribing to Batman for a while now and I was wondering if the Annual issues are a stand alone and aren't a part of the subscription, or I got ripped off and they forgot to send me one.

Twitter:

shingi_70

Annuals are usually stand alone and in the case of the Batman ones don't really have any relevance on the story. Its still a pretty cool one. (Batman testing out how good the Arkham Asylum defenses were)

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

RR529

Just finished watching Batman Year One for the first time. It was pretty good (may have even enjoyed it more than the Dark Knight trilody), and I'll probably get around to watching the other animated films eventually.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

HawkeyeWii

Just got Batman issue #23 a couple days ago. I can't wait for the next issue. I am really liking the origin tale for this series.
I have really been thinking about getting Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 on Blu-ray soon.

Twitter:

shingi_70

Dude's an awesome director and pretty decent actor. I like him in the Kevin Smith films so there's that. Will have to process it and go watch daredevil.

WAT!

the_shpydar

My initial knee-jerk reaction to Bat Affleck is that it is a horrible, horrible choice.
But then I remember the general reaction/outrage when Keaton was cast, and he turned out to be phenomenal.

So while I don't think Affleck is really suited to play Batman, i'm trying to withhold judgment for now. I'm trying real hard, ringo.

And for the record, I like Affleck in general. He was the bomb in Phantoms, yo.

The Shpydarloggery

shingi_70

Syrup wrote:

Justice League Canada.
What.
[url=%3Cimg%20src=][/url]">Untitled

Lemire's a good man and it has Adam Strange so its going to be good. It sucks that Kindt won't be staying on and the book being based in Canda.

WAT!

shingi_70

new lobo
Untitled

Apparently the one who's been in Deathstroke and Stormwatch is a fake.

WAT!

Tasuki

So I have been reading around the web that the second series of Arrow is also going to introduce the League of Shadows as well. Kinda makes sense if you think about last season. Not sure if Ra's al Ghul will make an appearance or not.

My Backlog

shingi_70

Been seeing it as well, seems that Malcom Meryln was apart of the group. (The reckoning or whatever it called makes alot more sense.) Next season seems to be going all out with the crazy.

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic