General Discussion Forum

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Showing 221 to 240 of 1,067

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

221. Posted:

I tell you who has zero super powers, who kept his head straight and followed his own way, Green Arrow. He died for standing up to Superman yet no one remembers him. Green Arrow is what Batman SHOULD be. Batman ain't getting brownie points for just being human and having no powers. Now Batman can almost be considered a god with that holy plot armor. He fights Darkseid but guess what? Batman knew this fight was going to happen 3 weeks ago when he was spying on Apokalips. He injected Granny Goodness with a serum that effected Darkseid with a virus just by being around her. The virus would take effect exactly 3 weeks later when Darkseid decided to drop by. Batman flips the switch and Darkseid is paralyzed and sends him back through a Boom Tube.
Untitled

I like Batman, what I don't like is those Batfans that thinks he is the only hero without powers, that he can do anything with prep and he is the only one that can never be corrupted. Green Arrow did that and then some (off screen) but I guess he isn't "cool" enough.

Superman has powers up the ace but the stories like All Star Superman show aren't WHY he is Superman in the first place. As well as Superman vs The Elite.

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

222. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

@MickeyTheGreat
I hate it when people look at Batman and just because he doesn't have powers they basically rule him out of having any chance at beating someone with powers.
In my opinion, Batman is by far one of the hardest super heroes to beat. Batman is never easily beaten by anyone.
Heck he nearly killed Superman when he was an old man of 55+ years of age.

And I hate it when people take one look at Wonder Woman's powers and basically rule out any chance of her having any kind of character BUT THAT DOESN'T STOP YOU NOW DOES IT!?! Back to the subject: Batman--even with thirty years of prep time--couldn't possibly take into account all the variables of fighting Wonder Woman. She is an amazonian warrior! She has a sword that could potentially kill Superman, In fact, let's run through all the ways she could kill Batman shall we?

1. She could plunge a sword through his gut.
2. She could hurl him into the sun
3. She could strangle him with her lasso
4. She could break every bone in his human body
5. She coud throw/plunge her sword at his eye.

I don't see how Batman stands a chance.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

223. Posted:

The fact that Wonder Woman has magic enhanced weapons alone should be enough but Wonder Woman can pack a punch to hurt Superman and even fast enough to keep up with the Flash in a fight. Untitled

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

224. Posted:

Sorry you guys, but will any of that ever happen to Batman? nope sorry
Just get over it, Batman is awesome and always will be. Without him and Superman, DC wouldn't be around today.
If all these other people are so awesome, why don't they make stand alone movie for them?

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

225. Posted:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Also just because others have powers doesn't mean their jobs are any easier. Superman saves a person, but at the same time he just herd eight others that died somewhere else in the world.
Why would they make a movie? It's all about the money. WB knows you kiddies will eat up whatever Batman merchandise they throw. Look at the Dark Knight Rises, it was bad but people are still woooop! (I loved the first two though).

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

226. Posted:

The Dark Knight Rises was not bad.
Batman has the best character to make a movie off of. They could try others but no one would watch it and it would suck (See Green Lantern)
And Batman has been around for nearly 75 years as well. So obviously there are going to be comics where he is beaten up, so don't pull up insignificant pages out of a comic book to try to make a point.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

227. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

so don't pull up insignificant pages out of a comic book to try to make a point.

Like the Dark Knight Returns right?

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

228. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Sorry you guys, but will any of that ever happen to Batman? nope sorry

Why wouldn't it? Does he have a Bat-Sword/Lasso/Super Strength repellent?

If all these other people are so awesome, why don't they make stand alone movie for them?

Wonder Woman doesn't have a movie because

A. pervs that only want to stare at her body
B. Sexism in Hollywood
C. Comic book fans that are insecure about watching a superhero movie about a girl.

Stupid reasons? Yes. But sometimes people are stupid.

Green Arrow has a live-action TV show. That's more then I can say for Batman these days...

Just get over it, Batman is awesome and always will be. Without him and Superman, DC wouldn't be around today.

Yes, that's true. Nobody's taking that away from him, I was just saying Wonder Woman could kill him no sweat if she needed to. Batman is smart, but he IS HUMAN. Isn't that why you likr him so much? If he's so human, how come he can face the likes of Darkseid, and live? If you say it's because he's so crafty, so intelligent, that he can outsmart a God, then--from now on--THAT IS A SUPERPOWER!

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

229. Posted:

How in gods name is The Dark Knight Returns insignificant. LOL
The Dark Knight Returns is one of the most significant comics in the history of comics!
It doesn't matter that it is a stand alone book.
Can you guys stop, I said a while ago I wanted to stop this.
I get you guys hate Batman.... Jesus can you guys stop now.

Edited on by HawkeyeWii

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

230. Posted:

And once again, here is more proof that it's impossible to keep these fanboy wars civil.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

231. Posted:

You point A would make people want to go...... not stay away.
The main and only reason I see why the majority of other DC characters don't get movie is because the majority of the popular ones are not down to earth at all. Marvel has more down to earth characters hence why they can continually bring out hit after hit after hit. No I am not saying Marvel is better so don't start another fight. I was extremely EXTREMELY surprised that Thor worked. I would have never thought some god like character (wonder woman) would ever look decent in live action.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

232. Posted:

Your so full with umadbro you didn't even understand what I said. You're just doing this to yourself now. I don't hate Batman I hate Batworshipers. I guess you only like to pick and choose certain things I say. Check out the DC animated movies. That's where the hits are. Like that Wonder Woman one and Under the Red Hood. DC may not be on par with movie hits but shows and animated movies is where the win is.

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

233. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

And once again, here is more proof that it's impossible to keep these fanboy wars civil.

We get to talking about Batman and everyone puts him down. Is there a problem when someone says a character is totally awesome? no, but when other people say a character is bad and come up with all the reasons and shit so that he can be beaten, then it is ridiculous.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

234. Posted:

KaiserGX wrote:

Your so full with umadbro you didn't even understand what I said. You're just doing this to yourself now. I don't hate Batman I hate Batworshipers. I guess you only like to pick and choose certain things I say. Check out the DC animated movies. That's where the hits are. Like that Wonder Woman one and Under the Red Hood.

That is what every DC fan always says, "go check out the animated movies"
While they may be good, there is nothing like the success a live action movie can do. DC retreats to direct to dvd movies because they can't make live action. They need to switch that... I want this Justice League movie to work, but I don't see how it can when the only hero in it will be superman. It was terrible timing! They should have done it like 5 years ago in the middle of the Dark Knight trilogy

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

235. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

The Dark Knight Rises was not bad.

(See Green Lantern)

Well, that's kind of up to opinion. See, I could just say that Green Lantern was not bad. And it would be just as valid! All we're saying is that Batman's chances of defeating Wonder Woman or Superman are kind of slim. Batman IS an awesome character and there is nothing wrong with liking or hating Dark Knight Rises AND there's also nothing wrong with hating or liking Green Lantern. I can't speak for @KaiserGX but I'll stop. But I want you to know that Batman isn't perfect. He can be beaten, even by supposedly not down to earth characters like Wonder Woman. I'm sorry if I offended you (oh boy, here we go) and I hope you can forgive me for my stubborn attitude today.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

236. Posted:

We say if for a reason. A lot of these animated movies are better then any of the regular movies that have come out. I don't care how much money DC makes, I want quality flicks. That's what most of the animated movies have delivered. Go watch Under the Red Hood. I know you haven't seen it because you didn't know who Red Hood was. I don't care how you watch em just do. cough cough

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

237. Posted:

Fine Green Lantern is awesome!!! You can like it all you want, I don't. You're right liking a movie is an opinion.
Green Lantern can be 10 times better than all the dark knight movies for someone. There head may not be screwed on straight, but hey it sure is their opinion.
For me... (ME) Just saying the words and phrases "good" and "Green Lantern movie" in one sentence makes me cringe......

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

238. Posted:

I liked the Green Lantern movie but I didn't LOVE it. I do like Green Lantern: Emerald Knights though. The Dark Knight Returns animated movie was better then the Dark Knight Rises. I don't care if it was animated or not, the story was better. Just because it's animated doesn't make it any less.

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

239. Posted:

No I am not trying to make a point with this. I just thought that while we were on the topic of movies you might want to check this countdown out.
It is not based on the tomato-meter.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/guides/comics_and_graphic_novel...

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

240. Posted:

I'm sorry if it seemed like I was making you up to be "the wrong one" maybe I was. And I'm sorry.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse