Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,460

ThePirateCaptain

arronishere wrote:

The trailer for Legends looks rubbish, it reminds me of a cheap action movie.

I thought it was surprisingly good and it actually sold me on the show. Keep in mind that they haven't actually filmed the pilot yet, so all the footage shown was just for the trailer.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

DefHalan

The only thing I liked in the Legends trailer was Rory Williams, but I don't watch Flash and Arrow so that could be why.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

shingi_70

arronishere wrote:

The trailer for Legends looks rubbish, it reminds me of a cheap action movie.

That was all footage shot just for the trailer, if you look it reuses alot of the same CG scenes from Arrow and The Flash. For example when they say Vandal Savage is evil and you see the nuclear explosion that's the explosion caused by firestorm earlier this year. All of this was filmed last month around the same time they filmed the fight club promo, which is why the newer firestrom CG doesn't have an actor set in place .The new stuff is the rooftop, Vandal Savages base, the white canary out of the lazarus pit, and the end with the shrinking.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Tasuki

I thought the trailers for Supergirl and Legends and I will say both have piqued my interest.

I even heard that even though it's on a different network Supergirl will take place in the same universe as Arrow/Flash/Legends.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

iKhan

Been watching a lot of the animated movies. Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox has to be one of the most violent movies I have ever watched. I think I'm going to start referring my friends who think animation is for kids to that movie.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

jump

Tasuki wrote:

I thought the trailers for Supergirl and Legends and I will say both have piqued my interest.

I even heard that even though it's on a different network Supergirl will take place in the same universe as Arrow/Flash/Legends.

I remember Geoff Johns saying something about wanting to connect it to Flash/Arrow but not that it will be, it wouldn't make much sense either since it'll mean Superman exists in the Flash/Arrow world.

I'm not sold on the Supergirl trailer, it just needs her eating ice cream to complete the single female drama vibe. Hopefully Preacher & Lucifer will not turn out to be another teen drama with capes show.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

iKhan wrote:

Legends of Tomorrow trailer on Facebook. VANDAL SAVAGE!!!!!

I'm not failing for it, Arrow has tricked me so many times into thinking it'll will be great with look it's Black Canary/Huntress/Ra's al Ghul/Amanda Waller only to disappoint me.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Offspring

I'm interested in Legends, Supergirl, and Preacher even though there is a good chance they will be mediocre (Legends due to the crappy fx, Supergirl because it's on CBS and it may stray too far into girly-ness, and Preacher as it will have to be nuetered to air even on AMC). I have zero interest in Lucifer as it's on Fox and the only show from them that will be on my DVR next year will be Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

iKhan

I'm surprised DC hasn't touched Netflix yet as a possible host for their shows?

If DC does make a Netflix show, who should it be about? My vote goes to the Question.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

OlicityBlows wrote:

I'm interested in Legends, Supergirl, and Preacher even though there is a good chance they will be mediocre (Legends due to the crappy fx, Supergirl because it's on CBS and it may stray too far into girly-ness, and Preacher as it will have to be nuetered to air even on AMC). I have zero interest in Lucifer as it's on Fox and the only show from them that will be on my DVR next year will be Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

To be fair that CG for that Legends trailer was done in about a week and the show doesn't actually start filming till later this year. Do tell what's so girly about the supergirl trailer other than the ending music.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Tasuki

arronishere wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

I remember Geoff Johns saying something about wanting to connect it to Flash/Arrow but not that it will be, it wouldn't make much sense either since it'll mean Superman exists in the Flash/Arrow world.

Well that won't really matter on the Superman part since DC has said that Superman will not be on tv. According to DC they have picked which heroes would be good for movies, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman basically all the well known ones and ones that will be good for tv series, Green Arrow, Atom, Supergirl. I think how the came up with that is how in depth they feel they need to do an origin story. Everyone knows Superman and Batman's origin story and it's been done to death on the big screen so they don't need to spend as much time on it as they would for someone like Firestorm, Atom, etc. where they can develop it on a tv series. Anyway back on track just cause they make refrences to Superman doesn't mean he would have to be on Arrow or Flash they have made plenty of Green Lantern refrences on Arrow and Flash all the same.

As for being in the same universe the guy that does Arrow and Flash is doing Supergirl and CBS is CW'S parent company. They have said that it will be in the same universe just due to them being on different networks CBS has said that they could be in the same universe that's up to the creators but don't expect any crossovers to soon We (CBS) want to keep Supergirl for ourselves for a bit.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

jump

Tasuki wrote:

Well that won't really matter on the Superman part since DC has said that Superman will not be on tv. According to DC they have picked which heroes would be good for movies, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman basically all the well known ones and ones that will be good for tv series, Green Arrow, Atom, Supergirl. I think how the came up with that is how in depth they feel they need to do an origin story. Everyone knows Superman and Batman's origin story and it's been done to death on the big screen so they don't need to spend as much time on it as they would for someone like Firestorm, Atom, etc. where they can develop it on a tv series. Anyway back on track just cause they make refrences to Superman doesn't mean he would have to be on Arrow or Flash they have made plenty of Green Lantern refrences on Arrow and Flash all the same.

As for being in the same universe the guy that does Arrow and Flash is doing Supergirl and CBS is CW'S parent company. They have said that it will be in the same universe just due to them being on different networks CBS has said that they could be in the same universe that's up to the creators but don't expect any crossovers to soon We (CBS) want to keep Supergirl for ourselves for a bit.

I don't think it's as thought out as you think it is, there's movie-Flash & TV-Flash, Batman has an origin story on tv with Supes just having one done a few years go etc and a quick google search says the shows isn't connected but could change in the future.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/01/12/cbs-president-nina-tass...

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Offspring

@Shingi_70 I wasn't directly referring to the trailers. Legends will be CGI heavy and I doubt it will look very good and I just have a bad feeling Supergirl will be more soapy than Arrow and The Flash combined.

Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

iKhan

arronishere wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Been watching a lot of the animated movies. Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox has to be one of the most violent movies I have ever watched. I think I'm going to start referring my friends who think animation is for kids to that movie.

Perfect Blue, Walking Life, Ghost In The Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Mary & Max etc would do a better job of showing adult animation than Flashpoint, personally I wouldn't even say Flaspoint is one of the better DC animated films.

The thing is that my friends are stubborn. Anime has a huge stigma around it, and the excuse I usually hear about animated movies is "no violence and cursing, so they must be for kids". I liked Flashpoint a lot, but it's not the quality that makes me want to use it, it's the surface maturity.

shingi_70

So why don't you show them the original DCAY stuff. BTAS all the way to JLU.

WAT!

jump

shingi_70 wrote:

I'd suggest just going straight into the Justice League, alot of those 2 parters were easily good enough to be movies in their own right.

Nicolai wrote:

iKhan

shingi_70 wrote:

Not surface mature. Minimal blood and no cursing.

shingi_70

So any one watch the season finale for the Flash. I said Woah, I liked how subdued the majority of the episode was with it dealing with our cast moreso than The Flash being a superhero. It made the last 15 minutes even more exciting, While i'm not a fan of risking the Planet for selfish reasons the actual ending reminded of the Amazing Spider-man 2's which I really enjoyed.

So the Arrowverse is confirmed to be the Flashpoint esque timeline which is interesting and the old timeline had much more in common with the normal DCU. We also get a reveal of Cisco being a Metahuman and a tease of Season 2 and Legends of tomorrow.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

jump

@shingi_70 You need to put in [/spoiler] at the end of your post.

Nicolai wrote:

Offspring

The episode was great except ending it in the middle of a very important scene. I don't mind cliffhanger endings but this one was almost enough to ruin a near perfect episode. I'm also worried how the showrunners will handle the paradox they created as it has my head spinning.

Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic