Forums

Topic: Ever thought about quitting videogames?

Posts 101 to 111 of 111

Hokori

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

JebbyDeringer wrote:

I go through phases of being really into gaming and out for a while but yes I have thought about quitting. I waste a lot of time gaming, yes WASTE. There are plenty of more productive things to do. Even relaxing in a quiet spot is more productive because it takes my mind away from technology which I am engrossed in all day.

Actually gaming IS more productive then just sitting in a quiet room because it improves reaction times and hand-eye coordination.

Yes there are time where I feel like hanging out with my friends (sorry to say) is more time wasting the playing videogames, manly because we can never think of anything to do

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Splat

Otaku wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

JebbyDeringer wrote:

I go through phases of being really into gaming and out for a while but yes I have thought about quitting. I waste a lot of time gaming, yes WASTE. There are plenty of more productive things to do. Even relaxing in a quiet spot is more productive because it takes my mind away from technology which I am engrossed in all day.

Actually gaming IS more productive then just sitting in a quiet room because it improves reaction times and hand-eye coordination.

Yes there are time where I feel like hanging out with my friends (sorry to say) is more time wasting the playing videogames, manly because we can never think of anything to do

Play video games.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

rolLTheDice

Complaining that you're bored and don't know what to do for hours is the biggest and most annoying waste of time in my opinion.

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

IAmNotWill

MetalMario wrote:

Untitled

This is heavy.

But anyway, it makes me sad that some kids have never played Super Mario Bros. or the original Ocarina of Time. Back in my day, WE had to PAUSE to put on our Iron Boots!

Back in my day, we only had 4 Bit games! It makes me sad that kids today may never play games from my childhood like Pitfall and Ms. Pac Man on the 2600!
Seriously, I hope you now see the point me and a few other were trying to make... Kids now play games from the current generation dude...

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

JGMR

Sorry people. I just cannot accept the idea of selling my precious Wii games (like Klonoa, King of Fighters, Broken Sword, Tomb Raider, Metroid Prime Trilogy, DKCR and Resident Evil). I bought Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles instead.

However, the Wii will definitely be my last console. Games do not have to look 'better' in my opinion than they are now currently on the Wii. (and yes, i also owned a long-dead Xbox 360 using HDMI)...

I just drawed the line of being satisfied, there it is.

With kind regards,

JGMR

Hokori

90s_Gamer wrote:

Sorry people. I just cannot accept the idea of selling my precious Wii games (like Klonoa, King of Fighters, Broken Sword, Tomb Raider, Metroid Prime Trilogy, DKCR and Resident Evil). I bought Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles instead.

However, the Wii will definitely be my last console. Games do not have to look 'better' in my opinion than they are now currently on the Wii. (and yes, i also owned a long-dead Xbox 360 using HDMI)...

I just drawed the line of being satisfied, there it is.

You shouldnt give up.... yet... believe me I thought I was going to give until I realized.... HD is nothing different (to me that is).... I mean NSMBM looks EXACTLY like NSMBW graphics wise.... so I think your safe

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Lun

lets see, quitting goldeneye and spending more time with family? This would ruin my life.

Lun

LuigiTheGreenFire

Well, if there's no game I feel like playing, or I don't have a new game, I quit for several weeks. (at least when I had the internet)

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

Tylr

I am going to quit, soon...
I want to hang out with my friends. And ditch my family, whom I hate.

My Pikmin are ready.

3DS Friend Code: 3625-7968-5215

thesmorganator

Only if video games turn shooter only, then I'd only buy a few but, not completely give up on them

currently playing: Nintendogs + catsPilotwings resortPikmin 2

games I have 100% completed

Kirby mouse attack

Link Mah Boi~

Squadalah~~ We're off!

My youtube channel

[CENTER][url=http://www.no...

thesmorganator

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

You just got to ignore it, if anything i feel BAD for these uninformed twats who clearly missed out the golden age of gaming and don't know how bad they even have it in comparison to what we had.....If only i were born in the late 70's or 80' instead of 84, then i would of gotten my Nes on launch day in 85' but i ended up getting one in 89' when i was 5. oh well, better late than never! Plus I dabbled in some Coleco Vision and Commodre 64 during that time so yay me.lol Anybody else ever play GIJOE on the Commodre?

Exactly! I can't imagine having to be a kid in this age. Everything is way too serious or inappropriate. I hate the fact 9 year old kids are watching stuff like Jersey Shore or Adult Swim and mostly playing FPS and rated M games. Seriously, I played online COD a few times and the majority of people I met were 9 and 13 year olds and my little 11 year old brother would play the game with all his classmates online.(I honestly don't see how he has fun. All I ever hear him yell is "YOU STOLE MY KILL!" or "STOP IT!!". ) I tried to stop him by letting our Mom know, but she didn't care. I'd say something(I did actually), but he never listens to me. I remember when even the commercials were awesome back in the 80's/90's! Everything on TV now-a-days seems soulless. Playing the SNES with all those great games back then was so much fun. I unfortunately never got to experience the NES, but I'm going to buy one on ebay eventually and some games. I love the good old days. Things aren't as bad as they sound now, but they just don't match the golden age of TV/video games.

The weird thing is I'm 11 and I HATE most shooting games and love mario games

currently playing: Nintendogs + catsPilotwings resortPikmin 2

games I have 100% completed

Kirby mouse attack

Link Mah Boi~

Squadalah~~ We're off!

My youtube channel

[CENTER][url=http://www.no...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.