General Discussion Forum

Topic: Earthbound/Mother isn't dead

Showing 101 to 120 of 129

AuthorMessage

MasterGraveheart

101. Posted:

My hopes for the republishing are a trilogy, the proper NA Namings (EarthBound, EarthBound 2, EarthBound 3. EarthBound Zero was NEVER an official name and don't you try to sell me that it is.), and some of the visual quirks remaining.

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter: ccagraveheart

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

102. Posted:

MasterGraveheart wrote:

My hopes for the republishing are a trilogy, the proper NA Namings (EarthBound, EarthBound 2, EarthBound 3. EarthBound Zero was NEVER an official name and don't you try to sell me that it is.), and some of the visual quirks remaining.

So basically what you're saying is.

Earthbound/Mother 2

Earthbound 2/Mother 3

Earthbound 3/Mother

?

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

103. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

LZBirdboi wrote:

This doesn't necessarily mean that no one would want to play it. Remakes of other JRPGs were quite successful including Dragon Quest, so maybe a remake of the three games can still happen.

Still not convinced? Think about this: fanboys are stuck in the past too and usually don't want anything more than the same thing over and over again ;)

Dragon Quest has had a TON of releases though. On several systems. That was successful because they have kept the franchise alive ever since it's conception.

The Earthbound series is entirely different. It was neglected and left to die, and now that is exactly what's happened. Sure a certain portion of people would love to play a new game, but unless it's modernized and advertised (rhyming unintentional), there's not a large chance of it catching on and becoming wildly successful.

Given that Earthbound comes with strings attached and extra baggage, it's not worth the risk for most people.

I like you - you say what I'm going to say so I don't have to. :3

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

104. Posted:

@AlexSays You've been pointing out how 'outdated' the series is and saying that that's a reason not to localise it yet Atlus have localised various old-school RPGs like the Etrian odyssey series and The dark spire. Some of the Shin megami tensei games are pretty old-school too. They wouldn't still be localising games like these if they weren't successful. Not every game has to be a big hit to be worth localising, it just needs to sell enough to cover the costs of localisation.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

105. Posted:

I'm just gonna make a note to myself to never make more than one attempt to reason with Alexsays. :P

@Fonis - Already explained all that to him. He rebuffed it with false information (Atlus is a developer) then continued on about the same points as if nothing happened.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

106. Posted:

KaiserGX wrote:

Mother Themed Tea Mug Collection.

... Mother Themed Slipper Set.
Just trying to break whatever is left of tension. :P

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

ogo79

107. Posted:

im going to send everyone a cib of earthbound on here and call it a day

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

MasterGraveheart

108. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

MasterGraveheart wrote:

So basically what you're saying is.

Earthbound/Mother 2

Earthbound 2/Mother 3

Earthbound 3/Mother

?

No, no. What I'd hope for is numbering identical to that in Japan. Just the name Mother replaced with EarthBound. Mother 1 = EarthBound, Mother 2 = EarthBound 2 (renamed from just EarthBound in the US), Mother 3 = EarthBound 3, that kinda thing.

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter: ccagraveheart

AuthorMessage

Final-Starman

109. Posted:

EarthBound in a nutshell: http://earthboundcentral.com/2013/01/what-happened-to-earthbo...

"Come and get me loser! Spankety Spankety Spankety!" -Pokey
"Yesno It is isn't." -Moonsidian
"Shoot! I missed!" - Loid/Lloyd
Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
Nintendo Network ID: The-Ness
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recently played: Sonic The Hedgehog (IOS)

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

110. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'm just gonna make a note to myself to never make more than one attempt to reason with Alexsays. :P

@Fonis - Already explained all that to him. He rebuffed it with false information (Atlus is a developer) then continued on about the same points as if nothing happened.

His points are blatantly obvious to comprehend. I don't know how you people can't see where he's coming from?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

111. Posted:

CactusJackson wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

His points are blatantly obvious to comprehend. I don't know how you people can't see where he's coming from?

I can see where he's coming from but that doesn't mean he's definitively correct. Or that he needs to scream about how right he is like it matters. Or that he didn't get that the lack of releases in Japan and NOA not wanting to get sued are the actual main reasons why the series might never return to America.

What you said didn't somehow negate him lying btw.

I basically felt like some random dude walking on the street casually saying I don't like (political party) and then being yelled at for daring to not believe the political party is always in the right. Not to dare bring politics into something ultimately unimportant but it reminded me why I don't try to debate politics with people.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

ogo79

112. Posted:

just a quick note/possible hint:
shigesato itoi just made a planner, and someone from starmen.net did the english tranlation for him...make what you can out of it
http://starmen.net/

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

113. Posted:

So...he's...selling Day Planners now? That's...different...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

114. Posted:

Everyone keeps saying that Earthbound isn't dead, but why do we insist on continuing to beat the dead horse though? :O

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Final-Starman

115. Posted:

Update time!
http://earthboundcentral.com/2013/01/itoi-mentions-mother-rev...

"Come and get me loser! Spankety Spankety Spankety!" -Pokey
"Yesno It is isn't." -Moonsidian
"Shoot! I missed!" - Loid/Lloyd
Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
Nintendo Network ID: The-Ness
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recently played: Sonic The Hedgehog (IOS)

AuthorMessage

Lan

116. Posted:

Wonder what the hell it means

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage

Ryno

117. Posted:

It means some people, somewhere, will get the chance to purchase/play Mother again.

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

118. Posted:

Just when I finally myself something big wasn't going to happen within my teenage years, this happens. Here's to hope, :)

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

ogo79

119. Posted:

LZBirdboi wrote:

Everyone keeps saying that Earthbound isn't dead, but why do we insist on continuing to beat the dead horse though? :O

dont fight the strongth
Untitled
oooh heeey look, a new official iPhone 5 case...just hope he made one for my rotary phone cuz i keep it old school son!

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

ogo79

120. Posted:

i think its just the two of us that really know whats going on with all this

the_shpydar wrote: