Forums

Topic: E3 2012 |OT| Wii U scores, Kinect snores, and lol move

Posts 181 to 200 of 271

RevolverLink

Reggie is a true double threat: he's both a human hamburger and a human meme generator.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

shingi_70

So rewatched all the confrences and while nintendo shoed the most stuff I liked they had the worst confrence, then sony and then micrsoft.

Ubisoft had the best. Before you flame ill happliy post my thought process for these conclusions.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/05/tech/gaming-gadgets/wii-u-demo-e3/

Cnn thinks the wii u is an accesory for the wii.

And that's how you lose e3 when the mainstream media aren't impressed and don't have all the facts after an hour.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

RevolverLink

It's really nice that CNN's video game coverage has advanced so far in the last 6 years.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Radixxs

Glad I'm not the only one who was extremely disappointed. There is no way I'm paying more than $10 for Nintendo Land, if that. Pikmin 3 looks like a Wii game and plays like one too. Paper Mario Sticker Star (seriously?) looks boring and cluttered. The two "New" Super Mario Bros. games look mildly amusing.

At the end of the day, when I have said "What the hell?" more than "Wow," I know it was a disappointing conference. I love Nintendo, but this E3 only told me that I won't be missing much if I wait a year to get a Wii U.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

Joeynator3000

So when is the roundtable happening tonight? I'm EST by the way.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

retired_account

I thought the way they reintroduced Wii U was idiotic. They pick up the controller and say "this is Wii U." No, it's not the Wii U. It's the bloody controller. They had like one picture of the console in the background, but the controller was covering half of it and they never even bothered to mention it. Doesn't get much sloppier than that.

On top of that, if it weren't for the third-party games you could barely tell that the graphics were improved over the Wii. Yeah, the people who follow gaming news know what Wii U is, but those aren't the only people Nintendo's catering to. I have no idea what they were thinking.

Also Pikmin 3 looked ugly. >:[

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

turtlelink

RevolverLink wrote:

For better or for worse, E3 never quite seems to go the way everyone expects it to, now does it?

E3 2010 way exceeded my expectations, I'll tell ya that. Especially for Nintendo.

@pix, really? I though Pikmin 3 had some nice looking graphics.

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Joeynator3000

turtlelink wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

For better or for worse, E3 never quite seems to go the way everyone expects it to, now does it?

[/div]

E3 2010 way exceeded my expectations, I'll tell ya that. Especially for Nintendo.

@pix, really? I though Pikmin 3 had some nice looking graphics.

Shhh, Pixelman works for LJM, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

CanisWolfred

Pikmin 3 was a mixed bag, IMO. It looked great in some areas, and fugly in others. Monster designs were great, but some of the environments and items look just plain weird.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Radixxs

pixelman wrote:

I thought the way they reintroduced Wii U was idiotic. They pick up the controller and say "this is Wii U." No, it's not the Wii U. It's the bloody controller. They had like one picture of the console in the background, but the controller was covering half of it and they never even bothered to mention it. Doesn't get much sloppier than that.

On top of that, if it weren't for the third-party games you could barely tell that the graphics were improved over the Wii. Yeah, the people who follow gaming news know what Wii U is, but those aren't the only people Nintendo's catering to. I have no idea what they were thinking.

You reminded me about how dumbfounded I was to see them introduce the Wii U in exactly the same way as last year, not mentioning anything except for the controller. Add that to the fact that their biggest first party game, Pikmin 3, is played mainly with WIi Motion Plus remote, and that it graphically looks like a Wii game, and you will have many thinking the Wii U is just a tablet controller for Wii.

And no, I will not buy a fugly game with a nightmarish claustrophobic carnival hub featuring a seizure-inducing color scheme that plays 5 minigames. Not happening.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

shingi_70

They spent a good 10 minutes on a port of Arkham Asylum. facepalm

Also how was Microsofts worse. rewtaching them Microsoft and Nintendo hit very similar tones in what was shown. both had very strong starts then showed Multiplatfrm games with one surprise game. They both had fitness and dance software as a keynote.

Only thing is looking at mainstream and non gaming blogs are raving about Smartglass and how microsoft are ahead of the curve and they are confused about nintendos.

WAT!

TLink9

You can transfer wii saves does that make your day better?

That is TLinkerbell to you!
[17:17] theblackdragon: considering i have neither an xbox nor a ps3 :3
[17:17] Corbie: Nintendo fangirl alert!!!!
[17:17] James Newton: Uh oh
The James Ne...

Radixxs wrote:

pixelman wrote:

You reminded me about how dumbfounded I was to see them introduce the Wii U in exactly the same way as last year, not mentioning anything except for the controller. Add that to the fact that their biggest first party game, Pikmin 3, is played mainly with WIi Motion Plus remote, and that it graphically looks like a Wii game, and you will have many thinking the Wii U is just a tablet controller for Wii.

And no, I will not buy a fugly game with a nightmarish claustrophobic carnival hub featuring a seizure-inducing color scheme that plays 5 minigames. Not happening.

Yeah, NintendoLand is hideously garish, but let's be fair: it has 12 seizure-inducing minigames. X[

Also my post was 100% serious @BellGoRiiing.

retired_account

CanisWolfred

TLink9 wrote:

You can transfer wii saves does that make your day better?

Not mine at least, but I know a few people who'll be happy to hear that. Still, now it means I'm gonna have to get a Wii U somewhere down the road just so I can transfer my stuff to the Wii 3.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.