Forums

Topic: E3 2012 |OT| Wii U scores, Kinect snores, and lol move

Posts 141 to 160 of 271

RR529

Just watched the Ubi conference. Here's what stood out to me.

• Rap intro (horrible).
  • Farcry 3 (if you saw the conference, you know what I'm talking about. I wonder if they censored it on T.V.).
  • Rayman Legends (looks noticably more beautiful than Origins, although I never did care for the art style. I'm assuming that as an exclusive for The 'U, the graphical boost has to do with the system's superior power to current gen consoles).
  • Assassin's Creed III (looks completely bad@ss).
  • that competitive shooter (don't remember the name) actually looked pretty fun.
  • everything else was pretty meh, or not interesting to me (especially that game they showed at the end, "GTA with Hacking" I call it, yawn).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Nintenbro

@RR529, "Watch Dogs," is the title of the game you were referring to, at the very end of the Ubisoft Conference.

Yeah, it didn't spark any interest with me either, but that esports shooter game had to be the worst concept on display. If you're going to develop an online multiplayer shooter nowadays, it really needs to stand out in the crowd. This game appeared like something you'd download onto a mobile device.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Raylax

The esports shooter thing was terribad. The world-hacking game seemed interesting though, albeit heavily reliant on scripted events.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Radixxs

The fact the Boobisoft has had the best conference so far just says how uninterested I was in the others. And the only thing I saw that interested me for a Nintendo console was Rayman Legends.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

Nintenbro

Let's all hope and pray that Nintendo's software lineup saves the day.

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Gamesake

RR529 wrote:

Just watched the Ubi conference.

• that game they showed at the end, "GTA with Hacking" I call it, yawn).

I thought most of it looked a bit lame as well--I mean that dialog, bullet time, vaulting, you have to wonder if these guys are even trying anymore. But I did like the "hacking" gimmick. Being able to control your city environment looked like it could be cool. It makes me wonder how much freedom this game will allow you. It might be super scripted like Splinter Cell. Watch Dogs definitely scores points for not giving you the ability to rewind time or walk on the ceiling.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

kkslider5552000

What are you talking about that game looks awesome! I mean...it could be a dissappointing generic mess certainly but it at least seems to have a ton of interesting potential.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Highwinter

Sony's conference was almost as bad as Microsoft's. There was less nonsense, but still a lot of crap and nothing particularly interesting, with the exception of the Last of Us.. which is another shooter. Microsoft at least had more actual games to care about, even with all the nauseating crap inbetween. They also more or less confirmed to me that the Vita is DOA. It has no games, there's nothing interesting coming in the future and they don't seem to care to support it. That has to be the biggest failure of the show.

It's a bit unfair to compare Ubisoft and EA, since they don't have hardware they need to hype up as well, but both were pretty lackluster. EA had almost nothing but shooters and sports games and Ubisoft did little better, although Rayman Legends and Watch Dogs looked incredible.

Nintendo have basically "won" by default.

Edited on by Highwinter

Highwinter

Linky_97

Why the F did microsoft make smartglass!!!!!!!!????? What rip-off!!!! But of course it dosnt have buttons and it cant stream the game too the tablet! And i thnk not so many people will use it.
watch the language plz — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Wii U online games:
Injustice Gods Among Us, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge, Assassin's Creed III, Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 Wii U Edition and Trine 2: Directors Cut
3DS Online games:
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Tell me if you want to play :)

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8763-9592 | Nintendo Network ID: Linky97

kyuubikid213

Aviator wrote:

This is all I really wanted.

I wish this was coming out for the Wii U. Ah well, I still have Resi 1, Resi 0, Resi 4, and Resi Revelations.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

shingi_70

Link_Belmont wrote:

Why the F did microsoft make smartglass!!!!!!!!????? What rip-off!!!! But of course it dosnt have buttons and it cant stream the game too the tablet! And i thnk not so many people will use it.
watch the language plz — TBD

Link_Belmont wrote:

You do realize this is an evolution on. Stuff Microsoft has already been doing right?

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2011-12/09/halo-atlas-app
http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/07/xbox-live-companion-apps-n...

But by all means don't do any reserach and sound like an uninformed twat.

Anywho some impressions by polygon/The Verge on south park and smartglass.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/5/3064855/microsoft-xbox-smart...
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/6/5/3064864/south-park-th...

Seems like a good strategy to me. Really play up windows 8 consumer software at at E3 while at the same time computed is young showing off the new windows 8 hardware. Then finally at the end of the month they're having a windows phone 8 event.

So far my announcements are

1.Halo 4
2. Rayman Legends
3. The Last of US
4. Code of Princess
5. Refined xbox metro UI and xbox music.

Edited on by theblackdragon

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kyuubikid213

@Link_Belmont and @Sony_70
Watch the language please! theblackdragon is looming around every forum corner...

Edited on by kyuubikid213

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Adam

All I got from the conferences so far is that these companies have no idea how to pace a presentation and they all think their games are amazing. This could just be selective memory at work, but I don't recall Nintendo constantly congratulating themselves after each trailer at previous E3s. At least I hope that's the case.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

shingi_70

Its a bad E3 when Ubisoft set the standard. Thought I am expecting them to grow to EA activision levels in the next years.

Also calling it now rayman for smash bros.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

HandheldGuru97

As a handheld I must say I was shocked to go on IGN and find out that nothing major had been announced for the Vita. And none of them were 1st party! Call of Duty might help it in America by a tiny bit, but like all other Vita games it will get little to no advertising. It is a shame while I prefer Nintendo I would like to see Sony's handheld put a decent fight.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

cheetahman91

That was pretty disappointing. Was hoping Nintendo's would be better than that. Ubisoft won E3 this year.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

shingi_70

So reggie is bring a mystery game over to the gametrailers live stream and it someforthing for wii u not shown at the confrence.

WAT!

RR529

Sony_70 wrote:

So reggie is bring a mystery game over to the gametrailers live stream and it someforthing for wii u not shown at the confrence.

It's going to be on Spike T.V. as well.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

shingi_70

project p100 by platnium games.

Those guys have been getting a ton of love.

WAT!

kevohki

Well that was a letdown considering Reggie boasted that the show was going to be about the games. Then he spends an hour showcasing ports, giving little info on games that were already announced, and rambling generic talking points.

Hopefully the next few days and the 3DS live stream turn out better.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.