Forums

Topic: E3 2010 Thread

Posts 61 to 80 of 137

DF2506

Microsoft's press conference was just OK. Some great hardcore games (I thought Fable 3 looked the best), but the Kinect presetation was awful. It really brought Microsoft's E3 down a lot imo.

As for Nintendo's conference tomorrow, I want to see a lot of suprises. Yes, I do want Animal Crossing 3DS (alot. especially if they've changed it & made it even better) , but I'm also hoping for a couple more 3DS titles. I'd love to see a Star Fox 3DS too. Star Fox in 3D would be awesome. Also hoping that Zelda Wii shocks (in a great way) and that Nintendo has some other really cool Wii & DS/DSi suprises. I want it to be the best Nintendo press conference ever.

As for Sony, I don't know much about what they are up to (other than LittleBigPlanet 2, Killzone 3, and the Move), but I'm hoping that they have a great conference. I hope they don't make the same mistake Microsoft did and spend half of their press conference on the Move. Let's see some cool games & suprises!

So yes, I'm mostly putting my hopes on Nintendo this year, but I do think Sony will do good too.

DF2506

Edited on by DF2506

DF2506

Pegasus

Yeah the Microsoft presser definitely wasn't anywhere near the league last year's was. Natal... I mean, Kinect looks about as silly as I thought it was going to be. Dance Central didn't look shabby though, for those who are into that sort of thing. **shrug**

So far this is the only thing that has got me very excited:
[youtube:D6ouHWP0KrY]
IMO, they were the best games in the NFS line and one of my all-time favorite arcade racers. Being developed by Criterion definitely is promising... as long as they keep it to closed tracks. If that trailer is any indication it's more likely for that to happen.

Mario Forever! (free nipple suit and gratuitous butt-shots included)
PSN: MisterMumbles82

dangermouseuk78

The Dance was quite cool and also the Forza Demo was pretty cool also noticed the game your shape as there showin again in the ubisoft conference was a Wii game and now a xbox exclusive also looks like ubi soft pinch the vitality sensor idea and another Rabbids Game for the Wii

dangermouseuk78

MetalMario

Hey Feld0.

Can't wait for Nintendo's and Sony's tomorrow.

Edited on by MetalMario

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

moomoo

That was the most random ending to a press conference ever...
Seriously, why did Ubisoft do that if it wasn't a game?!

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

SuperMarioFan96

lockd wrote:

I just really hope one of the 3DS Launch titles is NINTENDUCKS. Raise your own Duck, and it will shove it's beak in your face in Eye Popping 3D. Nuff said.

First day buy.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

LordJumpMad

Super 64 Cube Wii

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

dangermouseuk78

I always got the impression that the Wii was gonna slot into something dunno why probs because it was so small almost seemed to be a dvd drive for something else. and just cuz i thought nintendo loved addin stuff to consoles anyways i can dream lol.

dangermouseuk78

Slapshot

Microsofts Kinect is really impressive tech, I dont care what anybody says, its some cool crap. Problem is they cant use it yet in a suffecient way hardly. The fitness demo really impressed my wife as she is a big EA Active Fan, but the Dance Central demo was seriously incredible. That is one of the most innovative concepts ive seen in gaming, and it was working great. Not to mention its by Harmonix (RockBand dev) so its no suprise they put it together. The Kinectibles is something I will prob buy the system for when I have children if it ends up working right that is, as the girl did an amazing performance but it was also well scripted and the actual gameplay was hard to see, nonetheless it was still an amazing demo.......

Now the bad, The Forza demo, oh it looked amazing and the steering was working BUT DID YOU NOT REALIZE THAT YOU CANT ACCELERATE AND BRAKE? Did they really expect gamers to MISS that? This is LOW BS by Microsoft. Racing games are all about Apex control, learning the tracks, brake control and powering out of corners. Kinect just allow steering and nothing else but some motion gimmick to cover all that up. That was BS, and I hope you other gamers realized that crap. What did he say, the project dev himself of Forza, one of the most incredible racing game series of all time. "Kinect is the future of racing games" or something like that. This is coming from one of the leading racing SIMULATOR games project dev! SIMULATION...... dont you have to brake and accelerate to be a SIMULATION?

........ BS..... Im sorry but that Really Pissed me OFF, then I though the whole giving the crowd FREE system was cool and the more I think about it now, it was a ploy to cover up the weak performance and this whole Forza BS.

This makes me worried about Sonys performance tommorrow and all there 3D BS, as well as 3DS. All this gimmick gaming has major flaws, and we are seeing it in EVERY one of these new sysems.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

kevohki

So Ubisoft announced a Rayman game and showed off that cool Child of Eden game for Kinect (the only game I saw that was impressive for that thing) but the remaining majority of their conference left me in a "What the hell?" state of mind. I did enjoy Joel McHale's random quips at the presenters and their games though.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

Kingbuilder

1. Metroid: Other M (I'm a bit frightened how they're gonna pull off the shift from Third-person to FPS)
2. Legend of Zelda Wii (I'd like more info on this one!)
3. Pikmin 3 (No in-game time limit, and a relatively soon release date)
4. 3DS Virtual Console (GBA, GB, GBC)
5. New Paper Mario RPG (Make it a RPG this time, Nintendo)
6. Kid Icarus Wii (I can always dream of the day)
7. Luigi's Mansion 2 (Never got around to playing the first one, but I'll give this one a shot)
8. NBA Jam (This looks very promising)
9. Star Fox 3DS (Never liked the style of the other Starfox games, but a 3DS version would be cool)
10. F-Zero Wii (Make it a little easier this time around.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Feld0

dangermouseuk78 wrote:

I always got the impression that the Wii was gonna slot into something dunno why probs because it was so small almost seemed to be a dvd drive for something else. and just cuz i thought nintendo loved addin stuff to consoles anyways i can dream lol.

Hey, that's a cool idea. They did that before with the 64DD (only in Japan, but still) and the Super GameBoy. There's a decent chance they're gonna come up with some kind of external accessory for the Wii, too. Perhaps it will be a clip-on box that contains more powerful hardware to output the games in HD?

'Cause every forum needs a Yoshi fan.

AlexSays

bboy2970 wrote:

Well of course you CAN say it but there is clearly evidence showing that Nintendo has released both handhelds and consoles in the US first before and therefore gives the 3DS a fighting chance at a non-Japan premiere.

You know you're absolutely right

It seems as if my vast lack of knowledge concerning Nintendo's past releases has caused me to make a common misconception.

Just goes to show people can't read my posts as 100% fact after all.

AlexSays

theblackdragon

AlexSays wrote:

Just goes to show people can't read my posts as 100% fact after all.

my world now lies shattered and broken at this revelation.
say it ain't so! D:

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

kam

3ds
animal crossing
KINGDOM HEARTS 3
i mainly want them to stop talking about how they sold the most stuff
something like "kinect" (dont remember how to spell today)

3ds fc 1848 2242 5363

citizenerased

^ Hahaha, legendary.

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

Hardy83

LOL That video was awesome...And as a previous owner of Wii Music....That video is all sorts of win...My lord what a low point for Nintendo that was.

Hardy83

citizenerased

Time for some Sony love as well

@ 1.05

"So there are actual ancient battles which took place in ancient Japan..

...so here's a giant enemy crab..."

Edited on by citizenerased

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.