Forums

Topic: E3 2010 Thread

Posts 141 to 144 of 144

Kid_A

weirdadam wrote:

Nice article, Kid A. It's certainly a great day to be a Nintendo fan.

I've got a couple questions about your article though if you don't mind. Didn't you say elsewhere that you weren't a fan of the new art style? If I'm not confusing you with someone else, did you come around to it, or did you feel the need (or pressure) to go easy on Nintendo for the article? Just curious.

Also, you said, "They also mentioned for the 3DS a new Metal Gear Solid, Super Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil, Dead or Alive, a new Paper Mario, a new Animal Crossing, a new PilotWings, a new Mario Kart, and oh, what the heck, graphically overhauled remakes of Starfox 64 and a little game called Ocarina of Time. In 3D. At launch."

What are you saying is at launch? I have yet to see explicit confirmation that the remakes are even going to be released, much less at launch. The only title I heard confirmed for launch was Kid Icarus: Uprising. If you have official info on any of the other games, could you hand a brother a link? That would make my day! To imagine a day when I'd play a new Paper Mario, Kid Icarus, and Mario Kart, all in 3D... it's too much, haha.

I really did come around to the new Zelda art style. My initial reaction was after watching the somewhat grainy footage on Nintendo's E3 website. After watching a nice 480p trailer on Youtube a few times, I fell in love with it. It seems like it's really true to everything I loved about Wind Waker's style, while maintaining the more adult look of Twilight Princess. I'm glad you asked that question, though: I always fear that I'm going to come across as fanboyish. The major reviews I've done for the site have been New Super Mario Bros Wii, Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks, and Galaxy 2--which I gave a perfect score (http://www.gameobserver.com/review/inside/all-platforms/super-mario-galaxy-2-508/). I thought all of those games were positively brilliant, but I'm actually a rather harsh critic, and I hope I don't come across as overly boot-licky.

As for the "at launch" thing, that's completely ridiculous and I have no idea why I wrote it. That's what I get for writing things at 2:00 in the morning. Thanks for catching that, though--I'll have to edit that.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Adam

Well, you wrote nothing that I wouldn't agree with, so if there are any boots to be licked, show me the way, haha.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Collinhall

E3 is now over... till June 9 till 11th 2011, we will meet again...

Kirbys will eat your soul at night.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic