Forums

Topic: E3 2010 Thread

Posts 121 to 137 of 137

Slapshot

Nintendo had a Epic 10/10 showing! 3DS has shown to be very impressive. So many great core titles, Nintendo really did hear the outcry from all us gamers wanting more from them instead of Wii Fit and Wii Plus and it shows big time.

Sony had a great showing as well. Insane 3rd Party support with tons of exclusives and Move showed to be extremely impressive and the top motion controller on the market more than likely.

Microsoft didnt have a great showing, and was a letdown to there core gamers. Nintendo goes full on into there gamers after the massive outcry of abandonment and Microsoft goes full force into a Facebook, Casual and NonGame Interfaces, and Kinect is awesome technology, but the games outside of Dance Central were not impressive at all.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Collinhall

things I want from this year
Legend of Zelda, Skyward Sword
Kirby Epic Yarn
3DS
Animal Crossing 3DS
Mario Kart 3DS
Paper Mario 3DS
Kid Icarus Uprising
Mario Sports Mix
Nintendogs+Cats
Pokepark Wii

HOW THE HECK AM I GOING TO GET MY HANDS ON ALL OF THESE GAMES!
only time will tell... hopefully the 3DS will come out around Christmastime...

Kirbys will eat your soul at night.

warioswoods

Well, if we must crown an E3 "winner," how about using the stock market?

Via Business Week:

Nintendo Co., the world’s biggest maker of portable video-game players, rose the most in almost three months in Osaka trading after the company unveiled a handheld machine that lets users see 3-D images without wearing special glasses.
The stock rose as much as 5.9 percent to 26,700 yen, the biggest rise in intraday trading since March 24, and changed hands for 26,400 yen as of the 11 a.m. midday break.

Shares in Sony, based in Tokyo, rose 1.5 percent to 2,653 yen as of 11 a.m.

I don't know about Microsoft, but I think everyone agrees that their showing was iffy at best.

Edited on by warioswoods

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

WonderboY101

I've watched all three of the main E3 presentations today. I missed watching them live.

Personally, I thought Sony had a great showing in terms of the presentation and the delivery (and I'm not just talking about Kevin Butler's performance either). I'm really interested in the Move peripheral and the Sorcery game looks great.

Nintendo certainly had the best in software content and the best tech with 3DS. I'm looking forward to the Wii Kirby game the most of all - that looks awesome. With all the Nintendo games I wish to buy in the next year probably means I won't have any money to buy any of their rival's products. Maybe this is Nintendo's plan for all their core consumers.

Microsoft's show was, err, well, something of an embarrassment. Most of the Kinect game demos were met with little or no applause that I could hear. The biggest cheers came when the free Xbox 360 slim's were handed out at the end to all the audience. The tech looked good but the initial software was underwhelming imo.

All in all it's been a good E3 (so far). It will be interesting to see how things pan out sales-wise for all the three competitors over the next year or so and if the casual game consumers will start to desert the Wii in favour of Sony and Microsoft's new motion tech. 3DS will be a huge sales success. I know I'm going to buy one.

Edited on by WonderboY101

WonderboY101

Collinhall

Yeah, So many Nintendo titles! (This is all part of Nintendo's grand scheme for world nomination, and if Nintendo has their way, we will all be working at Foxxcon and be foced to sacrifice our lives to Reggie himself :0)

DF2506

Nintendo has been amazing at E3! So excited for all the great Wii games this year! And the 3DS! Oh man. So many great games announced for it. Kid Icarus amazed me. I was a bit disappointed though about no Animal Crossing at the presentation and thinking that it was just a rumor and then they announce it online. PLUS announcing all the other great titles. I'm just amazed by Nintendo. Can't wait to see what they do next. Hope we get a release date for the 3DS soon (and price).

As for Sony, I'm a Sony fan (and own a PS3), but I have to say that I thought their show was very so-so. Kevin Butler was cool, funny, and oddly inspiring. LittleBigPlanet 2 looked great. Portal 2 was an excellent suprise. And Twisted Metal looks good. That said, I felt like Sony put too much importance on the Move (only Scorery looked good) and 3D. I was getting very bored until they finally showed LBP2 and the rest of the stuff I mentioned. Not sure what Sony is doing right now. I'm starting to feel like I'm not their audience though. Why do I own a PS3 again? I'm not sure. Maybe the blu-ray? Perhaps LBP2 will remind me when it comes out.

The Microsoft conference was the worst though. Wow, that was awful. Too much Kinect. Sure, they had cool games like Gears 3 and Fable 3, but overall, I was very unimpressed by Microsoft.

Nintendo wowed me. I'm glad they are having a GREAT E3. They really needed it after the last couple of years. I'm so glad that I own a Wii and I can't wait to own a 3DS!

DF2506

DF2506

Adam

That's basically what I thought after the conferences were done. The Sony panel is the best -- though the confirmation that Santa is both real and more generous than previously estimated is certainly welcome information.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Rally

I'm starting to wonder if Nintendo can become the best company ever. (And with everything they showed off at E3, I wouldn't be shocked if they did. I'd be amazed, but not shocked.)

I miss having a chatroom that was always in beta.

Nintendo Network ID: --- | Twitter:

Adam

Nice article, Kid A. It's certainly a great day to be a Nintendo fan.

I've got a couple questions about your article though if you don't mind. Didn't you say elsewhere that you weren't a fan of the new art style? If I'm not confusing you with someone else, did you come around to it, or did you feel the need (or pressure) to go easy on Nintendo for the article? Just curious.

Also, you said, "They also mentioned for the 3DS a new Metal Gear Solid, Super Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil, Dead or Alive, a new Paper Mario, a new Animal Crossing, a new PilotWings, a new Mario Kart, and oh, what the heck, graphically overhauled remakes of Starfox 64 and a little game called Ocarina of Time. In 3D. At launch."

What are you saying is at launch? I have yet to see explicit confirmation that the remakes are even going to be released, much less at launch. The only title I heard confirmed for launch was Kid Icarus: Uprising. If you have official info on any of the other games, could you hand a brother a link? That would make my day! To imagine a day when I'd play a new Paper Mario, Kid Icarus, and Mario Kart, all in 3D... it's too much, haha.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Kid_A

weirdadam wrote:

Nice article, Kid A. It's certainly a great day to be a Nintendo fan.

I've got a couple questions about your article though if you don't mind. Didn't you say elsewhere that you weren't a fan of the new art style? If I'm not confusing you with someone else, did you come around to it, or did you feel the need (or pressure) to go easy on Nintendo for the article? Just curious.

Also, you said, "They also mentioned for the 3DS a new Metal Gear Solid, Super Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil, Dead or Alive, a new Paper Mario, a new Animal Crossing, a new PilotWings, a new Mario Kart, and oh, what the heck, graphically overhauled remakes of Starfox 64 and a little game called Ocarina of Time. In 3D. At launch."

What are you saying is at launch? I have yet to see explicit confirmation that the remakes are even going to be released, much less at launch. The only title I heard confirmed for launch was Kid Icarus: Uprising. If you have official info on any of the other games, could you hand a brother a link? That would make my day! To imagine a day when I'd play a new Paper Mario, Kid Icarus, and Mario Kart, all in 3D... it's too much, haha.

I really did come around to the new Zelda art style. My initial reaction was after watching the somewhat grainy footage on Nintendo's E3 website. After watching a nice 480p trailer on Youtube a few times, I fell in love with it. It seems like it's really true to everything I loved about Wind Waker's style, while maintaining the more adult look of Twilight Princess. I'm glad you asked that question, though: I always fear that I'm going to come across as fanboyish. The major reviews I've done for the site have been New Super Mario Bros Wii, Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks, and Galaxy 2--which I gave a perfect score (http://www.gameobserver.com/review/inside/all-platforms/super-mario-galaxy-2-508/). I thought all of those games were positively brilliant, but I'm actually a rather harsh critic, and I hope I don't come across as overly boot-licky.

As for the "at launch" thing, that's completely ridiculous and I have no idea why I wrote it. That's what I get for writing things at 2:00 in the morning. Thanks for catching that, though--I'll have to edit that.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Adam

Well, you wrote nothing that I wouldn't agree with, so if there are any boots to be licked, show me the way, haha.

Come on, friends,

Collinhall

E3 is now over... till June 9 till 11th 2011, we will meet again...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.