Forums

Topic: Dollar Store's Food

Posts 41 to 57 of 57

Tasuki

Raylax wrote:

I will not understand expiry dates on products like cheese, milk or bread. Cheese is, by definition, a gone-off product (so really I suppose the expiry date should read "20 years ago"). It's inedible when its mouldy,

Actually cheese is still edible when its moldy. You just have to scrape the mold off. Besides what do you think bleu cheese is?

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

Konata wrote:

Machamp_King wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

I don't need the dollar store.I have a Walgreens near my house.

well yall guys are just a bunch of high rollers arent you?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Raylax

Tasuki wrote:

Raylax wrote:

I will not understand expiry dates on products like cheese, milk or bread. Cheese is, by definition, a gone-off product (so really I suppose the expiry date should read "20 years ago"). It's inedible when its mouldy,

Actually cheese is still edible when its moldy. You just have to scrape the mold off. Besides what do you think bleu cheese is?

I actually agree! And have done this. But I thought given the OP's already terrified stance when it came to expiry, I thought "just scrape the mold off" would come across as a bit too squicky

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Mr_Trill_281

yo ogo79 bro not me i think me you or both same lol we take what we can get...

"Its All About Those 2x Houston Rockets,5x Dallas Cowboys,Houston Astros,Texas A&M Aggies".

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Raylax wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Raylax wrote:

I will not understand expiry dates on products like cheese, milk or bread. Cheese is, by definition, a gone-off product (so really I suppose the expiry date should read "20 years ago"). It's inedible when its mouldy,

Actually cheese is still edible when its moldy. You just have to scrape the mold off. Besides what do you think bleu cheese is?

I actually agree! And have done this. But I thought given the OP's already terrified stance when it came to expiry, I thought "just scrape the mold off" would come across as a bit too squicky

I wont do this. I cannot stand the taste of even just a bit of mold. once i spy some, its time to chuck it in the garbage. just thinking about that taste right now is making me gag.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

RancidVomit86

Bought a Parmesan bacon pasta side kit thing at the dollar store today and it was pretty good

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

ogo79

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Bought a Parmesan bacon pasta side kit thing at the dollar store today and it was pretty good

with a screen name like this guys, its got to be good

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Gamesake

I drove by a dollar store today and I thought how bad could it be? So I bought a Twix. It must have been expired though. The cookie part was all stale and the caramel was tough like beef jerky. I pulled and I pulled until I finally tore through the caramel layer and snapped a piece off. On the plus side I was the grand prize winner of the Twix contest, but the contest had also expired.

...in my pants.

SheldonRandoms

Gamesake wrote:

I drove by a dollar store today and I thought how bad could it be? So I bought a Twix. It must have been expired though. The cookie part was all stale and the caramel was tough like beef jerky. I pulled and I pulled until I finally tore through the caramel layer and snapped a piece off. On the plus side I was the grand prize winner of the Twix contest, but the contest had also expired.

What was the grand prize?

Kyloctopus wrote:

I like buying by Movie snacks at my dollar store I save $10 there. Just don't forget to hide the food in your pockets.
Am I weird for doing that?

You're not alone, they charge more for snacks then the actual movie nowadays.

Edited on by SheldonRandoms

http://eshopgurus.webs.com/ (I review stuff here, check it out : P )

I love to rev up those fryers!

Ristar the Shooting Star fanboy!

I gave birth to Sheldon & Mr. Randoms

I'm a kangaroo (hugging this kangaroo is going to cost ya ;3)

I'M SWELLTASTIC!

SheldonRandoms X Undead_Terror ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

ogo79

Gamesake wrote:

I drove by a dollar store today and I thought how bad could it be? So I bought a Twix. It must have been expired though. The cookie part was all stale and the caramel was tough like beef jerky. I pulled and I pulled until I finally tore through the caramel layer and snapped a piece off. On the plus side I was the grand prize winner of the Twix contest, but the contest had also expired.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tasuki

Kyloctopus wrote:

I like buying by Movie snacks at my dollar store I save $10 there. Just don't forget to hide the food in your pockets.
Am I weird for doing that?

I use to do that but since that whole business in Colorado my local movie theater checks people too good now.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

Tasuki wrote:

I use to do that but since that whole business in Colorado my local movie theater checks people too good now.

"oh no sir...those in fact, are not goobers and a butterfinger, can i please go now? youre making me late to my movie"

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

RancidVomit86

ogo79 wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Bought a Parmesan bacon pasta side kit thing at the dollar store today and it was pretty good

with a screen name like this guys, its got to be good

Just a regular ole puke dancer

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

Marks

undead_terror wrote:

I go to a store called dollarama, lots of the food is still fresh and stuff, other then that I wouldn't think any other place is good.

This is honestly the best dollar store chain that I have ever been to. One opened up in my local mall some time ago and it just has the greatest things there.

I generally avoid junk food but it's not bad to have a snack now and then. Everyone knows anyways that dollar stores are made to sell stationery.

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
I'm not really active here anymore. So it goes.

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic