General Discussion Forum

Topic: Do you wash your hands after using a public restroom?

Showing 1 to 20 of 37

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RJay

1. Posted:

I don't. I don't like to touch anything in a public restroom, including the handle where all the paper towels come out of.

Water Warfare 3481-0499-8502
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2535-5527-9255

AuthorMessage
Avatar

malpon

2. Posted:

This may qualify as "too much information" But I understand the lack of a desire to touch anything in a public facility...

FUN FACT: the dirtyest thing in a public washroom is the door handle so youd be better off useing some of that paper towl to open the door ;)

Edited on by malpon

This lesbian bar doesent have a fire exit!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

3. Posted:

I think this is a useless topic. I bet this topic will be locked. But yes,I wash my hands after using a public restroom.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ricardo91

4. Posted:

Hooray, another pointless NLife topic! What are the odds?

But for the record, I usually wash my hands after using the bathroom. I don't want to get too personal on the details. :P

Just Because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!- Homer Simpson
Nintendolife Chat. I'm never in it, but it's good to ptomote these things.
VC-Forums. We're desperate. Please join.
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stuffgamer1

5. Posted:

DEFINITELY TMI, dude. You're just proving why that "fun fact" is true. barf

I do wash my hands after using public restrooms. I might want to start following that paper towel on the door trick now as well...

Another fun fact: At least 50% of all money has microscopic feces on it due to being handled by people who don't wash their hands after using the restroom.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RJay

6. Posted:

How is this too personal?? I mean it's not like anyone here is going to use the same restrooms I use.. Unless you live in Southern California...

Water Warfare 3481-0499-8502
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2535-5527-9255

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ricardo91

7. Posted:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Another fun fact: At least 50% of all money has microscopic feces on it due to being handled by people who don't wash their hands after using the restroom.

Thanks for that, Stuff. Now I'm gonna have to use a pair of tongs every time I reach into my wallet. :P

Just Because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!- Homer Simpson
Nintendolife Chat. I'm never in it, but it's good to ptomote these things.
VC-Forums. We're desperate. Please join.
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

malpon

8. Posted:

The taps are also dirty since even if they do wash their hands what do you think happens before hand (pun not intended buts it's a good one) ;)

Edited on by malpon

This lesbian bar doesent have a fire exit!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ricardo91

9. Posted:

malnin wrote:

The taps are also dirty since even if they do wash their hands what do you think happens before hand (pun not intended buts it's a good one) ;)

Well duh, that's pretty obvious, isn't it?

Just Because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!- Homer Simpson
Nintendolife Chat. I'm never in it, but it's good to ptomote these things.
VC-Forums. We're desperate. Please join.
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Vendetta

10. Posted:

Unless it has an attendant - many in NY do - then I'm cleaner than *any*thing found in a public restroom. And even if I weren't, I'd rather have my own piss on my hands than someone else's. Admit it, you all feel the same way.

Here's a tip, if the bathroom door opens in, KICK it hard to make it open back at you, then catch it with your elbow to pull it open. Works like a charm.

EDIT: Thinking about it, most public restrooms here in NY are touchless, meaning motion sensitive faucets and towel dispensers, so the answer is YES, even if it means retreating to cleaner locale to do so.

Edited on by Vendetta

Ex cineribus resurgo
Wii / Speak / Music: 3991 9961 5576 0184 · · · · Mario Kart Wii: 3609 8999 1445· · · · · · · ·Alien Crush: 1934 4006 9660
The Conduit: 2622 0458 3119· · · · · · · · · · · · · · Water Warfare: 4726 5832 1608· · · · · · · Onslaught: 0388 6842 8268

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

Corbs

11. Posted:

I always wash my hands, even in a public restroom.

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stuffgamer1

12. Posted:

@RJay: Who used the word "personal" before you did? Some of us just don't want to hear people admitting that they don't wash their hands after using the bathroom, regardless of circumstances or location.

@Ricardo91: You're welcome! ;)

I am most comfortable with the bathrooms where everything is automatic, of course. I'm glad there are more of those nowadays, and it's a continuing trend. Eventually, who touched the faucet handle with what won't even be an issue! :)

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Vendetta

13. Posted:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

...I am most comfortable with the bathrooms where everything is automatic, of course. I'm glad there are more of those nowadays, and it's a continuing trend. Eventually, who touched the faucet handle with what won't even be an issue! :)

And the switchback blind entries and exits make many restroom doors a thing of the past, so soon the door handle won't be much of an issue either.

Edited on by Vendetta

Ex cineribus resurgo
Wii / Speak / Music: 3991 9961 5576 0184 · · · · Mario Kart Wii: 3609 8999 1445· · · · · · · ·Alien Crush: 1934 4006 9660
The Conduit: 2622 0458 3119· · · · · · · · · · · · · · Water Warfare: 4726 5832 1608· · · · · · · Onslaught: 0388 6842 8268

AuthorMessage
Avatar

jangonov

14. Posted:

Wow this is a question? Of course I do!

Wii : 5234 3442 0233 5325
3DS: 2664-2106-1671
I have A LOT of games, if you want to play something, just email me jangonov@yahoo.com and ask if I have it. (make sure to say Nintendolife in the subject)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RJay

15. Posted:

Hmmm....so does anyone feel like shaking hands? ;)

Water Warfare 3481-0499-8502
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2535-5527-9255

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ricardo91

16. Posted:

RJay wrote:

Hmmm....so does anyone feel like shaking hands? ;)

  • knuckle touch * ;)

Edited on by Ricardo91

Just Because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!- Homer Simpson
Nintendolife Chat. I'm never in it, but it's good to ptomote these things.
VC-Forums. We're desperate. Please join.
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wiiloveit

17. Posted:

I do wash my hands, yes, unless of course the sink has a stench of urine.

It's Wiiloveit, not WiiLoveIt. So there. Wanna play online? E-mail me: billy at wiiloveit dot com
Twitter | YouTube | Mah website | WiiloveitTV (YouTube)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Toddr

18. Posted:

malnin wrote:

This may qualify as "too much information" But I understand the lack of a desire to touch anything in a public facility...

FUN FACT: the dirtyest thing in a public washroom is the door handle so youd be better off useing some of that paper towl to open the door ;)

I've actually heard that the door handle is the cleanest part of a bathroom, but that would only work if everybody washes their hands after doing their "business".

Anyway, I use paper towels whenever I have to touch things in a restroom. Wokrs well. You should try it sometime. :)

Wii friend code: 4851 0320 2775 0243 MarioKart Wii: 3008 3258 4955 Super Smash Bros Brawl: 3180 1076 7318

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JohnnyB

19. Posted:

I find it weird that the door handle is always on the inside... :S

"If I were you, I'd dance naked in the middle of the street just to embarrass you."

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RJay

20. Posted:

Toddr wrote:

malnin wrote:

This may qualify as "too much information" But I understand the lack of a desire to touch anything in a public facility...

FUN FACT: the dirtyest thing in a public washroom is the door handle so youd be better off useing some of that paper towl to open the door ;)

I've actually heard that the door handle is the cleanest part of a bathroom, but that would only work if everybody washes their hands after doing their "business".

Anyway, I use paper towels whenever I have to touch things in a restroom. Wokrs well. You should try it sometime. :)

One person ruins it for everyone :)

Water Warfare 3481-0499-8502
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2535-5527-9255