Forums

Topic: Do you use headphones while playing games?

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

Mabbit

Do you use headphones while playing games? And if so, what kind? I use wireless, over the ear headphones by Sennheiser. Playing Shadow of the Colossus while I have them on feels so immersive, it's scary.
What about you?

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Cryptonic

Sometimes I use earphones. They're Gummies by JVC. Orange.

Wii :6638 - 2205 - 3294 - 3850
SSBB: 4812 - 5583 - 8961
3DS: 4038 - 6000 - 1698
"Tiger Man was wise"

theblackdragon

not normally, no. i usually need to hear other things that are going on around me, can't do that with earbuds in/headphones on. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Number_6

When playing handhelds, definitely (usually buds), but not the Wii. I do agree that headphones add to the gaming experience; it beats my home surround sound system for pure gaming. I also like to pipe my 3ds through my car stereo sometimes while getting in some gaming when I'm waiting for someone or something. It may not be quite the level of immersion provided by quality headphones, but it is pretty cool with Oot.

Edited on by Number_6

I am not a number, I am a free man!
Er, except on my 3DS - 3308-4553-9848

the_shpydar

Rarely. I did play Ocarina 3DS with headphones for a bit, which was admittedly awesome, but generally i like to watch (read: have on in the background) TV/DVDs when i'm playing games.

Also, like Dragon said, i usually need to hear what's going on in the real world when i'm gaming as well.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

When I play PC games yes I do cause I use a headset with a mic for communicating in World of Warcraft and I just got tired of having to unplug/plug in the headset when I wanted to play WoW. For console games such as the Wii or Xbox no I dont. For handhelds like the DS it depends on where I am at playing the game like if I am in the doctors office waiting for my appointment I will where headphones so not to disturb the other people, or if I am in bed with the wife asleep next to me.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Jango-Forest

Not usually, but every time I do whip out the old Bang and Olufsens I wonder why I don't use them more often.

Jango-Forest

Aviator

If I'm not alone, sometimes, or I might listen to music.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

FonistofCruxis

I don't use them for home consoles but I use them most (but not all) of the time when I'm on a handheld, especially since I'm often on a handheld when I'm supposed to be asleep.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

kevohki

I use them when I play on PC.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

suburban_sensei

I usually don't but lately with Zelda 3D I have, because I love the music and want to hear it as clear as possible.

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

Splat

Pretty much never.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Lordy

I remember playing Morrowind on PC with headphones when I was younger. The music was subtle, so I always had the volume turned up really high, and whenever a hideous monster would come up behind me I would practically jump out of my chair. I swear, that game made me as tense as Resident Evil 2 did. I think the headphones added to the immersion, but it kind of depends on the game.

Lordy

VmprHntrD

Well I don't normally but I'm going to have to get used to it over the next few months as it'll be required if I want to hear and enjoy my games completely. I have some wired Sony headphones, I can still hear with the on, but they have very nice filters that take the hiss/static out of the headset. It's the MDR-NC7, fairly cheap but quite effective. It removes lower sounds, static, other annoyances and nearby voices, but anything loud like crying or screaming of a baby or something would still get through or a loud bark attack off some dog. It's the perfect middle ground for me, and it really does immerse the game much more so positioning the audio where it needs to be.

My Personal Video Game / Accessory List
http://tanooki.byethost16.com/

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.