General Discussion Forum

Topic: Do you think time travel would be possible? Why?

Showing 61 to 80 of 85

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Roopa132

61. Posted:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Time travel COULD be possible, but I have not seen any evidence supporting it.

Uhm you never heard of Einstein's Relativity Theory?

Wikipedia wrote:

Moving clocks are measured to tick more slowly than an observer's "stationary" clock. To illustrate this further, imagine an observer sitting beside an oval race track, with a motorcycle driver traveling close to the speed of light for several years around the track.The sitting observer will age faster because time for the motorcycle driver will elapse relatively slower.

I think this could be a kind-of direction that is far away but nonetheless hints to time travel to the future.
I still think time travel to the future is somehow possible (although maybe mankind will never find out how to do so) but time travel to the past is impossible. There are too many reasons (in my head) why it wouldn't be possible:

Time as we know it only goes forward. So the future is coming and it's 100% sure (at least according to our knowledge nowadays). And like I said a few posts before: It's not that the past is recorded somewhere so you can't just rewind time and go to the past. Even if there are parallel universes the theories about them always say that they are in the same time we are, just with other events as far as I know. And the most confusing reason that can't be understood is the paradox. Paradoxes can just happen if you could travel to the past.

The most famous Paradoxes are that you kill your parents (before your birth) or yourself:
Imagine you travel back in time and kill yourself as an infant. That would mean you couldn't have grown up,lived, gone into the time capsel, travelled back in time and killed yourself.

Those paradoxes aren't existing in the future. You could kill someone in the future and that would probably have the same consequences as killing someone in the present. Since the future will be the present for the time traveller and the future of the timetraveller's present didn't happen yet. If you know what I mean... it's pretty confusing and hard to describe especially because English isn't my mother tongue but I hope you know what I mean.

Edited on by Roopa132

Probably getting a Vita with LBP soon...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

tripunktoj

62. Posted:

@Klapaucius: Astounding... that kind of short but consistent idea is what I am looking for on this thread. I will definetly include it on my next thinking session. mostly this kind of ideas are which ignite high reasoning on my brain. Thank you very much!

@Nathan: There are MILLIONS of logically inconsistent texts out there, so you always have to do a little reasoning to tell if a text its true or not, which sadly is the case with your article, and with most of the scriptures from ancient people you talk about, which lacks of a true logical structure. (Who can actually assure something is true just because an author signed it), And yes, I DO research actively on this theme, and I heard about it once, but I totally discarded it because of what I have already told you.

Everything else I was about to tell you, was already posted by Djungelurban, Roopa132 and The Fox.

@Outrunner: You are welcome. About your answer... Eternity is a property of time, and time is a dimention in our universe, how can it be outside of it at the same time? assuming it could, What would it be like?, What could be in it?

Edited on by tripunktoj

...

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8667-6861 | Nintendo Network ID: tripunktoj | Twitter: tripunktoj

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nathan

63. Posted:

7 wrote:

@Nathan: There are MILLIONS of logically inconsistent texts out there, so you always have to do a little reasoning to tell if a text its true or not, which sadly is the case with your article, and with most of the scriptures from ancient people you talk about, which lacks of a true logical structure. (Who can actually assure something is true just because an author signed it), And yes, I DO research actively on this theme, and I heard about it once, but I totally discarded it because of what I have already told you.

What are you talking about? What text is inconsistent? Yes, the collection of books known as the Holy Bible are indeed very antagonistic and inconsistent with your worldview it seems. What kind of reasoning did you perform to come to the conclusion that my post lacks a "true logical structure"? Your so-called reasoning, could very well be wild imaginative musings on a philosophical plane, couldn't they.

As to the article I was referring to, it was in New Scientist. But they just dribble the same lies (big bang, expanding universe, billions and billions of years, etc) most of the time anyway. But this article was about the Copernican principle being false after all, even though, as they admitted, it is the very foundation of the way they think of the universe now, after rejecting the old and true Geocentric model.

There has also been work that has proved that the Earth is motionless, these experiments (not armchair theorizing) were conducted in the late 1880's and beyond. As to the Earth being in the center, though redshifts are not totally understood, thanks to conflicting data and presumptions from evolutionists and even creationists, I will just mention that a few have noticed the concentric patterns of these around the Earth, designating it as the center, with everything else moving away from us.
But ultimately, for me, I'll trust what God has allowed us to know, and not rely on mankind to tell me what is what.

Brawl friend code: 1418-8149-4165

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Machu

64. Posted:

"But they just dribble the same lies (big bang, expanding universe, billions and billions of years, etc) most of the time anyway."

I just fell off my chair! It's the year 2009 you know, and science continues to make efforts to prove it's theories and better understand the universe around us. What does God do? I wasn't aware anyone had heard from him in a while, if ever. I suppose some folk like to think they are at the centre of the Universe, but others accept that we are an insignificant dot in an ocean of stars, and don't struggle with that. This thread had a scientific theme, why do you bring a supernatural deity into the mix? He/She/It has no place here. To me, that theory was disproved many years ago.

Here's a question for you. When our Sun grows old, eats itself and then blows up, destroying everything around it, will God save the Earth, can he?

Rawr!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nathan

65. Posted:

Machu wrote:

but others accept that we are an insignificant dot in an ocean of stars, and don't struggle with that.

Do you believe that you are insignificant, and those you love are also just that? I didn't think so... So when you say "we", you must mean all of mankind as a whole. Or at least the Earth itself, right... Perhaps you should have said that the Earth is insignificant. But wouldn't that be very rash? Maybe you'd like to go swimming in that ocean of stars instead?

Machu wrote:

This thread had a scientific theme, why do you bring a supernatural deity into the mix? He/She/It has no place here. To me, that theory was disproved many years ago.

Because science is impossible without the logicality of God. Plus, someone else brought it up, declaring their trust in what God has said as revealed in the Holy Bible, then a reply was given by an unbeliever in the same God of the Bible, and so I then posted a response. Just look it over and you'll see, if you're that interested.

Machu wrote:

Here's a question for you. When our Sun grows old, eats itself and then blows up, destroying everything around it, will God save the Earth, can he?

When is old, old enough for you? I would think a sun thousands of years old is old enough, how about you? But anyway, do you even know what the sun is? Do you believe that school indoctrination about the sun being a ball of fire, or what? Go and take a look at this site: www.holoscience.com This should provide you with a bit to think about at least. Of course they're still on the wrong path when it comes to origins.

Edited on by Nathan

Brawl friend code: 1418-8149-4165

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Machu

66. Posted:

@Nathan: Yes, I believe I, my family, everyone and everything I know including the planet itself, are insignificant. If the Earth finds itself in the path of a black-hole, or one of the many other planet-destroying hazards in this living breathing Universe, said Universe would continue on without anyone or anything noticing. Planets die, stars die, even whole Galaxies can be torn apart. My life, whilst important to me, is comparable to an ant being trodden on accidentally, it can happen at any time and there is no reason or meaning to it. It's just nature going about it's business.
And yes, I do wish I could go swimming "in that ocean of stars", and I think human evolution may eventually lead us down such a path, if we can survive a few 100,000 years I believe anything is possible with our knowledge of science and technology. I personally intend to have myself shot into space in a capsule when I die, I believe such options will be available to me by the time I reach that age. I would rather float aimlessly through time and space for the rest of eternity than stand in a queue waiting to be judged, or decomposing underground and being returned to the earth in the form of carbon, which is what ACTUALLY happens after the mourning families leave the graveyard.

"logicality of God". I could not and will not ever understand such a term. And yes, I had read the whole thread, but the guy who brought God up is someone I play MarioKart with and did not want to offend. Plus, he made it clear he accepted others beliefs. You however, don't seem happy with my belief's, just please be aware, my thought's on religion and the Universe have been crafted over 31 long years, some of which, were spent in churches. ;)

And the Sun is a big ball of hydrogen, that is burning, so yes, it's a ball of fire.

And I visited your electric holyscience site, but, I've seen many like it and all they try to do is disprove all the things I take great interest in, so as to defend their own stance.

You should try this one, it's not bad either... praise be :)

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Magi

67. Posted:

Machu wrote:

I wasn't aware anyone had heard from him in a while, if ever.

Actually, that religious nut child kidnapper/molester just invented a magical box that allows him to talk to god...

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

68. Posted:

@Roopa132-But, if time travel to the future is possible, then time travel to the past should be possible. I mean time travel should be able to go both ways. If people can leap forward in time, wouldn't it be possible to leap backwards in time? As for alternate universes, I would like to believe in those, but I believe there is only one timeline.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Outrunner

69. Posted:

@Alejandro_Talavera: I think eternity in the Bible means timeless existence but I wont pretend to know all the answers. As for what's there, I believe God is.

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Machu

70. Posted:

@Outrunner: I'm not trying to start anything, I've chatted with you and we got on so really don't want to offend. But, I'd like to now what form you think God may take. Is it a someone? Or a something? Or something else? I'm not looking to mock you I am genuinely interested in your response.

Rawr!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Outrunner

71. Posted:

No offence taken man. To me God is 'someone'. I talk to Him everday and believe He's answered quite a lot of my prayers. Not all of them like, because I believe He knows what's best.
The Bible (which I believe to be the inspired Word of God) says God is spirit. Although He did enter time (His creation) in the person of Jesus Christ.
Like I said Machu, I wouldn't take offence just because you don't agree with my beliefs, nor do I want to force them down your throat. Thanks for bein respectful man.

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Starkiller

72. Posted:

@Roopa132: But you can travel to the past without creating paradoxes. In a sciece-fiction short story I just finished, time is a line always moving forward. the past and future are right angles from the current moment you are in. If you travel across these to the past, you could kill your parents or your grandparents and you'd still be there, because you're in a different universe.

Questions?

Wii: 6384-4454-1095-5243 Mario Kart Wii: 2492-4524-4329 ([NL] Matt) Brawl: 0087-2097-5918
Excitebike - World Rally: 2966 0011 1622 (Matt) Bomberman Blitz: 3738-9648-1518 Dragon Quest Wars: 1634-4322-3201

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

73. Posted:

@Nathan
Yeah, the only ones that really take the Geocentric model as a logical option are those that try to combine religion and science and fail. What are you going to propose next, that the earth is actually flat?

I also got a chuckle out of you mentioning school indoctrination considering you brought religion into the thread.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Machu

74. Posted:

@Outrunner: 80% of my family are religious, and I still love and respect them. Glad we can live on the same plane with different views, conscious of the fact that one or both of us, are completely wrong. I'm glad God helps you, maybe one day I'll meet him too, you never know. :)

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

tripunktoj

75. Posted:

@Machu: Same here :)
@Starkiller: Right angles... interesting way to explain it!
@Outrunner: Thank you for your answers.
@Nathan: Once again
... Who can actually assure you something is true just because an author signed it???
... Yes, I know I have the same odds to be right than to be wrong, but I am happy to at last trying to get the right answers alone. And I try to back it up with arguments and facts, not just messing with other people's wrong words.
... Yes, I also think we are all insignificant. I am not that selfish to think that we should be that important to the rest of the universe just because we are important in our conciousness and feelings result of complex neurological interactions and nothing more (Simple example: Nintendo games are so important to me, but that doesnt mean its as important for others, that may prefer Sony or Ms, or might not even like gaming). What a miope point of view!

Edited on by tripunktoj

...

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8667-6861 | Nintendo Network ID: tripunktoj | Twitter: tripunktoj

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MauWii

76. Posted:

hi i just found this thread (after the twin one on time traveling)

i think IF anyone has ever discovered time traveling, or will ever do it, this is a too hot potato for the government that discovers it

including secret services, agencies and so on

imagine for only one second how could you change the history of the world

time-sabotage making Usa the powerful country which it is (in which way sabotage? in 250.000 ways)

Political Changes, Scientifical discoveries, Murders, Global Banking situations, Wars, Drugs and Gambling (Weapon sellers, Mafia etc)

what some countries want is Power in every field
Time Machine is the key to every possible immaginable Power

(let's say, we idiots say, why not go back to 1940 and Kill Hitler ? yes that would be nice - a part all the problems of doing it - but the existence of Hitler was a wall between the western side of Europe and the Communists (Urss, communists and Hitler had quit a long and painful fight, if Hitler wasnt there, would the Comunist reach Paris ?, factor 2, the existence of Hitler - which caused dead, blood, and infinite losses of every kind, caused-forced America to come in Europe and eventually they couldnt care less, but while 'investing' in sending troops to Europe, and buying new weapons (weapons lords thank you - connected with top political parties and their bank accounts) America got a loyal party for a long time at its side (America-Europe) and many countries are still paying back the American Effort (not talking about the dependance) +++ American Bases everywere in Europe - imagine the same scenario with all ISlamic or Communist Bases in France, Germany, Italy, Spain etc ---

you may let planes crash or not on the twin towers, to have a reason to start a war, which causes money took from the american people (like selling a product, in mass) buying new weapons, moving to Iraq, earn Petroil places in Iraq, and control the Area (for later purposes, Afghanistan-Iran- Gasoline/Petroil engine of the modern civilization, who's got the hands on it, controls the future -or the present or the past -) now i wish i could speak english better,

IF this time machine would ever exists, you would see one state hiding it to another (rivals who have secret services etc) because if i have it, i can let your country have troubles, not grow, grow wrongly and push everything good to my side (good= good and bad, with the final meaning of economical-power advantage, even with bloody facts)

forget that it would be public, forget it, and forget that you can travel and change things yourself
(a terrorist now can get a plane and make 200 people day, and the company lose its plane - but they have insurance and get it paid back ?)
imagine what if everyone have the chance to travel, someone can go back and kill Columbus (just killing columbus may change history and USA current power, and delay it by 100 years, making Usa like Canada or Australia , all this missing power then has to go somewere else)

going in certain moments of the past could lead Muslim fanatists (not normal religious respectable people, but fanatist) turn Europe Muslim to London, maybe 1500-2000 years ago (or the opposite all christian, or a christian world = wow it happened, partially)

see Einstein, IF he stayed in Germany and made Nuke, he could have made it for Nazis (under Nazi's order, against his will)
but if you can change the time, you can offer him a ticket (WHEN GERMANY STILL LET YOU GO OUT) and finance him in America (which means nuke power FIRST in US hands, consequent attack to Japan, Japan economical Slavery and enemy erased)

you could find 10000000000000000000000000 of things to change, i only said a few.

i cant say it exists by now already,or it will exists in the future (the future American Government lets say of the year 5.500 is changing the past already, not the really current one, that has been contacted anyway, making a link of knowledge)

why do states attack other places, why do they go at war, who wants to know wonderful scientific discoveries (over other countries), who would like to be Gasoline Independant (no more cash to the Arabs) BUT you must make that NEW power source PROFIPTABLE to the mass, and to other countries, not that everybody can make his own green treen producing energy like a nuclear plant (it would be so damn good, but you cannot earn anymore a single cent)

Edited on by MauWii

MauWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MauWii

77. Posted:

then i would understand more AREA 51 (or any other areas) more like landing side of Time Travels, than hosting Ufos
(we always ask, WHAT ARE THEY HIDING THERE ? WHY KEEP OUT ?)

we believe in extraterrestrial beings being opened like chicken, but thats probably what they want us to know.
since opening an alien wont give you anything, no advante by Just Only Scientific knowledge, worth 0 in money and power (what they want) and then they say but they have deals with Aliens (so they kill themselves and tell Bush: put me in a Laboratory and Open me)

going back to Ufos, i was also thinking that those people may be eventually ourselves in 10.000 years (a bit of evolution, a bit of looking different on purpose, so we dont think they are humans, so the travel thing stays covered)

MauWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MauWii

78. Posted:

another good reason for the things i wrote above, is the creation in Laboratory of New and Newer Viruses, which cause death, the more are the death, the more people are at risk of, the longer it lasts (in years, decades) the more every state will want a solution, when the Cow has been Milked enough, some American Pharmaceutical Industry (pick one random) will wake up in the morning and say: WE HAVE DISCOVERED THE VERY DEFINITIVE CURE TO HIV-AIDS !!! (you can stop getting traditional HIV medicine Cocktails) every state (just like the Swine Flu now) will order ZILLIONS of kits for zillions of people (that means TriZillions of thousend of Billions of Dollars / or Euros)

  • but it will be a 85% solution, so i keep for a second try the 100% one, so i can MILK you twice !

(a very smaller example i tell you about, years ago, long ago, i made a new account at HOTMAiL, i made ON PURPOSE a very difficult name of this new email account, lets say something like marymaryjohr_rashia.nkLOL12åäö@hotmaail.com (using non english characters, and even things like _ -)AND i didnt give this information to anyone, nobody could contact me, then what ? at that time the site (And not only that site) was fullfilled of ADS about Premium Services that if you pay more THEY PROTECT YOU FROM SPAM (some year later Hotmeeeeil got acquired by Microsoft - touche -)

i was the only person knowing that email, nobody could EVER guess it (like maryjohn@h...)

whithin 2 days, i got starting SPAM !!!!

then the things are 3 :

1) Hackers entered at Hotmail and downloaded the account lists (WHAT A COINCIDENCE! THEy were waiting for me damn spammers-hackers)
2) that company herself created PROBLEM and SOLUTION (under payment) * if the problem doesnt exists, there is no reason for a solution (paid)
and how you want the business to continue living ? how do they pay the hardwares, the salaries, how do they make Revenues for ShareHolders ?
**************************************************************************
Independant Hackers want to risk their lives for hacking or creating a virus ? a part few cases, most of them are Funded by the Big Companies
then casually they go in front of a Judge, but funnily they get a job inside the companies that they violated
WOULD YOU HIRE THE THIEF OF YOUR SHOP ? they was paid to make alarm, they was paid to enter (since yesterday you told me nobody can enter!)
they dont go to prison! they get a 5 zeros Salary! they come back to mama !
**************************************************************************

3) someone inside that company sold lists to some companies buying emails, but considering it happened in 1-2 days (this had to be a pretty scheduled and refreshed task) that makes think how the company herself didnt notice about it.

this is the very same structure of how things work at high level in wars-drugs-business-mafia-pharmaceutics and so on

IF Computer Viruses would stop existing, how many American (and not only) Companies would stop milking ? (do 500.000 Virus variants come from a Nerd that likes to infect people's computer ? or they come from the Labs of who has to sell the product for another 50 y ears ?

*** the english man with some kind of problems who entered the american secret services servers looking for UFOS(lol) datas ***
isnt that a nice TV SPOT for every world company to tell them DO YOU SEE ? THEY EVEN VIOLATE THE MOST SAFE PLACE OF THE WORLD, you better invest in powerful hardware and software, yes it costs, but your data is SAFE

**** the very same goes to NY 11 Sept. DO YOU SEE ? THEY EVEN VIOLATED THE CENTR OF NY ! *****
how is it possible, you told me the tale that for 100 years America is unaccessible, Fly space is the same (how can a plane crash on the PENTAGON? is that your sky watch-defense?) purposely weakened

of course they wont tell you
but not for fun, just because they are part of it, and if they do, they fall

just like those American Bankers that crashed in the last months, they wouldnt tell you anything until they cracked down (but it was too late for the investors, the small ones)

Edited on by MauWii

MauWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sushie

79. Posted:

No.

A Fool and his Wii Points are easily parted.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Machu

80. Posted:

The Lost season 6 premiere episode title is... 'LA X'. OMFG!!!!

And if you think that's off topic, you obviously don't watch the show. My mind, and some outlandish theories, are running hand in hand along a sun-drenched beach. We are oblivious to the plane wreckage and the screaming, been there, done that. ;)

Rawr!