Forums

Topic: Do you think Microsoft will have to fix the RROD in 2010?

Posts 1 to 18 of 18

Storm_Owl

To compete with Sony and Nintendo

This account is dead move along please.

The_Fox

Isn't the question more CAN they fix the problem? I love the 360 (more than the Wii in many ways, even) but the whole issue pisses me off about Microsoft.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Machu

They can't fix it, it's a PC, they go wrong sometimes. Eventually though, they will replace ALL models and then the problem will be solved. It's a good business plan.

Rawr!

Nintendork

No, of course not. That would mean that they would have to make an effort with the hardware, not working on online that you have to pay for, and apparently that's not what they're aiming for.

That's why you're still a kid.
ADD ME ON PSN: xnintendorkx
Youtube account: xNintendorkx

The_Fox

Nintendork wrote:

No, of course not. That would mean that they would have to make an effort with the hardware, not working on online that you have to pay for, and apparently that's not what they're aiming for.

What?

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

metakirbyknight

Why? Micro$oft would have to use resources and money and work on crappy games. They need to focus on the niche they have while they still can.

Stalk me on my Twitter.
Proud Homebrewer.

Knux

Micro$oft will actually have to work to fix that problem, and the do not care enough to do that.

Knux

SupermarketZombies

Red Ring of Death.

Scared of the future, but bored with the past.

The_Fox

RROD=Red Ring Of Death, a ring of three red lights instead of the usual green ones on the Xbox 360. Indicates hardware failure.

-President John Adams

mrmicawber

Why should they fix it?

The media gives them a free pass after 2 weeks of tough grilling and their buyers put up with it.

In fact, no doubt it has increased sales (if not profits lol!) from those ignorant, too lazy or too loyal to take advantage of the warranty.

Install bases are SO overrated!

IGN: The holiday Wii lineup looks thin for the hardcore crowd. We see this. Gamers see this. What, if anything, is Nintendo planning to address it?

Oh good, I am neither a gamer or hardcore. Saves me from having to be IGNorant.
Right, Down, A, Down, Right, Up

The_Fox

mrmicawber wrote:

Why should they fix it?

The media gives them a free pass after 2 weeks of tough grilling and their buyers put up with it.

In fact, no doubt it has increased sales (if not profits lol!) from those ignorant, too lazy or too loyal to take advantage of the warranty.

Install bases are SO overrated!

Regarding the RROD, how could it improve profits?

-President John Adams

mrmicawber

Uhm - it didn't.....

It has improved sales though - I know ppl who have boughten 3 newmodels cause of RROD's....

IGN: The holiday Wii lineup looks thin for the hardcore crowd. We see this. Gamers see this. What, if anything, is Nintendo planning to address it?

LzWinky

I think the RRoD was due to the rush of the 360 getting released early. Microsoft will probably see this one coming for the next gen and HOPEFULLY fix it before it ever happens again

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

mrmicawber

Yes - but MS knew it was a problem and released anyway - first to market and all that.

They tried to fix it on the go - and knew there would be problems..........360 gives you high end graphics on the cheap - and that was the result - overheating and warping of chips, and broken solder.

I wil bet their next console will not have red rings on it though....hahaha.

Supermarioman

mrmicawber wrote:

Yes - but MS knew it was a problem and released anyway - first to market and all that.

They tried to fix it on the go - and knew there would be problems..........360 gives you high end graphics on the cheap - and that was the result - overheating and warping of chips, and broken solder.

I wil bet their next console will not have red rings on it though....hahaha.

I've heard that Natal and another add-on is their plan for next-gen..... Yeah Let Me Know How Well That Works!

Supermarioman

Dezner

With the way that Sony has now revised all three of its consoles, I'm still surprised that Microsoft just doesn't...you know, make a better 360 and replace the older models. They obviously have the money to throw around buying "timed" exclusives, so I think they could and should take the time to make people more confident in their product.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.