General Discussion Forum

Topic: Do you smoke?

Showing 101 to 120 of 138

AuthorMessage

Link-Hero

101. Posted:

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

@Link-Hero: Can you send that link where that old lady had a hole in her throath due to cancer and she smoked from it? I would like to see the horror of that commercial.

Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7bHdo2DJHY

This video was the only one I could find, but it gets to the point.

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

AuthorMessage

Turbo_Genesis_64

102. Posted:

I don't smoke.

As a non-smoker, it's really a turn off to kiss a lady that smokes.

EXPERIENCE MORE.... Arcade-quality graphics, awesome sound, "turbo-charged" game play, exciting TurboChip games... It's the incredible Turbo Genesis 64 Entertainment SuperSystem Experience. There's more fun, more challenge, and more excitment ready for you today!

AuthorMessage

Corbs

103. Posted:

I do smoke salmon from time to time. But I don't kiss them so it's okay. :P

Edited on by Corbs

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

104. Posted:

I cannae believe I didnae do more than a two-letter reply to this.

I've never smoked other than grass which was okay until the last time I got high when I had a pretty bad trip and then swore off that as well (not that I was a regular user or ever purchased it myself, I just wouldn't refuse a joint if anyone was passing one around).

I've had a girlfriend who smoked without my knowledge (very occasional cigarette and excellent hygine -- I was shocked when I found out; by that time we had already split up; probably because I was a pretty opinonated git back then).

I went out with someone one who smoked and at the end of our date we got to smooching and it was so disgusting that I had to stop and tell her how gross it was. She was a bit taken aback, but seriously I was going to be sick! Needless to say I find it completely revolting and whilst I don't automatically have a bad opinion of someone just because they smoke, as with drinking it's just not something I see any attraction in or like to be around.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

Machu

105. Posted:

You might as well lock this one too, it had for more offensive comments in than the booze one. Meanwhile, I'm goin' for a fag!

Untitled

Rawr!

AuthorMessage

SwerdMurd

106. Posted:

@Machu - relatively sure the term is fug...at least in Baltimore back when I heard it used. Who knows honestly?

I'm like 99% done w/ cigarettes...I can almost always make it past the month part until that one night I happen to want to drink with people that smoke...then it's back to day 1. But yeah--I hate them. Curse being a weak-willed, impressionable 12 year old with middle-school friends.

I dunno if I'll ever stop smokin' weed...too helpful in my game design inspiration, just generally enjoy it too much to want to stop. Honestly, if they made alcohol enforced-illegal tomorrow it wouldn't bug me much--I'm covered.

Edited on by SwerdMurd

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. Link to follow once I resurrect my dead website. - www.facebook.com/vintgames

AuthorMessage

SeniorDingDong

107. Posted:

I used to smoke a lot for about five years. What began to avoid financial failure, my plan to reduce it ended in quitting smoking entirely :). Took me five (horribly) days to get "clean", then another two (insanely horribly) weeks to resist the mental willing to smoke.

Since then, two years ago, I never smoked again.

SeniorDingDong

AuthorMessage

zane

108. Posted:

Yup I smoke cigarettes and cigars and it's my own choice and my own business. Same as alcohol everything is nice and cool in small dozes. At least I'm not overweight that s**t is lethal more lethal than smoking and drinking combined. I'm disturbed by smoking when eating or outside so I try to show people some respect while I'm smoking myself, sensitive nose u know. Overweight people should try to do that to, Passive fatness is nasty.

Edited on by zane

Old Nintendofan from up north...

AuthorMessage

Machu

109. Posted:

I recently discovered that eating ham sandwiches my whole life, may give me bowel-cancer. What an idiot I've been.
Also, I recently discovered that slurping hot tea can give you throat-cancer, it is only now I see the error of my ways. Shame on me.

Rawr!

AuthorMessage

SonicMaster

110. Posted:

NO. I never will. I was horrified when I discovered my 15 yr old cousin had been smoking since second grade. I couldn't accept it for a while, and my outlook on her really shifted. She doesn't even care how her family will feel if she dies.

Edited on by SonicMaster

I have trouble finishing games.
Current victims of shelving: Ni no Kuni, Dragon Quest VIII, Ratchet Deadlocked

AuthorMessage

Metang

111. Posted:

I don't smoke, but my dad does. He made me take a puff when I was four, and I ran to my room coughing like I was sick. I wouldn't go anywhere near him for weeks. ._.

Images speak louder than words.
YouTube: TheLegendaryPirate
Email: e.123.omega.0@gmail.com

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

112. Posted:

Smoking should be illegal! :P I've never done it, I'm aware of the dangers of it, and I don't think I ever will smoke in my life ever!!! Not to mention, it kills people!
So, let's follow the motto and relax:
Untitled

I probably forgot to warn you all: some things I take very seriously, and not always in a calm way either.

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
Also a fan of Gravity and all things 16-bit
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Machu

113. Posted:

@Swerd_Murd: Snap. I don't even smoke in the daytime anymore, I could easily give up if I wanted to. But Scooby likes a snack in the evening, playing games stoned is sweet! ;)

@Metang: 4?! Woah that's a harsh lesson so early in life. My Dad did the usual thing when I was 14 and forced me to smoke the entire pack of cigarettes he found in my room. It wasn't nice, and I really disliked him for it, but it didn't stop me.

When I was teen, you were strange if you didn't smoke. I hope that has changed now. I hear they are FINALLY planning on removing the cigarette shelf thingies that are in every shop. Bit late if you ask me, but hey, we're learning, slowly.

Rawr!

AuthorMessage

Metang

114. Posted:

I don't get the appeal of smoking. It makes your breathing MUCH harder (especially at an older age), and if you smoke regularly, it has a nasty effect on you looks-wise as well.

Images speak louder than words.
YouTube: TheLegendaryPirate
Email: e.123.omega.0@gmail.com

AuthorMessage

JTC-Pingas

115. Posted:

I see no reason to. It's not worth the damage it does to your lungs.

JTC-Pingas

AuthorMessage

JTC-Pingas

116. Posted:

Machu wrote:

You might as well lock this one too, it had for more offensive comments in than the booze one. Meanwhile, I'm goin' for a fag!

Untitled

Lol Nice! :D

JTC-Pingas

AuthorMessage

117. Posted:

no

AuthorMessage

tonyp415

118. Posted:

What the hell kind of thread is this? Oo

Only a fool wouldn't strategize before a fight MUA HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

AuthorMessage

nintendoduffin

119. Posted:

Okay, here's my two cents as it were.
I'm a smoker and while I would advise anyone reading this who doesn't smoke not to start as it is difficult to quit, I wouldn't go so far as to criticise someone or even call them an idiot for their lifestyle choices.
I'm a light/social smoker, I can buy a ten deck and have it last up to two weeks as I mainly smoke when I drink. Yes, there is a heightened risk that I will die of lung cancer but to me risk is part of life, I could be hit by a bus tomorrow but that doesn't stop me crossing the road. I'm not endorsing smoking but at the same time I'm not condemning it either, everyone should be free to choose the lifestyle that appeals to them as they and they alone are responsible for their choices.
Preachy non-smokers absolutely do my head in, if you don't want to smoke then that's your choice but don't think you're better than me or anyone else because of it.

nintendoduffin

AuthorMessage

Machu

120. Posted:

Nicely put nintendoduffin. :) I gave up for six months way back, and I was a complete a55 about it. I thought I was great and took much pleasure in mocking those who still smoked, ha. :D

Rawr!