Forums

Topic: Do you smoke?

Posts 101 to 120 of 131

SeniorDingDong

I used to smoke a lot for about five years. What began to avoid financial failure, my plan to reduce it ended in quitting smoking entirely . Took me five (horribly) days to get "clean", then another two (insanely horribly) weeks to resist the mental willing to smoke.

Since then, two years ago, I never smoked again.

SeniorDingDong

zane

Yup I smoke cigarettes and cigars and it's my own choice and my own business. Same as alcohol everything is nice and cool in small dozes. At least I'm not overweight that s**t is lethal more lethal than smoking and drinking combined. I'm disturbed by smoking when eating or outside so I try to show people some respect while I'm smoking myself, sensitive nose u know. Overweight people should try to do that to, Passive fatness is nasty.

Edited on by zane

Old Nintendofan from up north...

Machu

I recently discovered that eating ham sandwiches my whole life, may give me bowel-cancer. What an idiot I've been.
Also, I recently discovered that slurping hot tea can give you throat-cancer, it is only now I see the error of my ways. Shame on me.

Rawr!

SonicMaster

NO. I never will. I was horrified when I discovered my 15 yr old cousin had been smoking since second grade. I couldn't accept it for a while, and my outlook on her really shifted. She doesn't even care how her family will feel if she dies.

Edited on by SonicMaster

SonicMaster

Metang

I don't smoke, but my dad does. He made me take a puff when I was four, and I ran to my room coughing like I was sick. I wouldn't go anywhere near him for weeks. ._.

Images speak louder than words.
YouTube: TheLegendaryPirate
Email: e.&...

Smoking should be illegal! I've never done it, I'm aware of the dangers of it, and I don't think I ever will smoke in my life ever!!! Not to mention, it kills people!
So, let's follow the motto and relax:
Untitled

I probably forgot to warn you all: some things I take very seriously, and not always in a calm way either.

To each their own

Machu

@Swerd_Murd: Snap. I don't even smoke in the daytime anymore, I could easily give up if I wanted to. But Scooby likes a snack in the evening, playing games stoned is sweet!

@Metang: 4?! Woah that's a harsh lesson so early in life. My Dad did the usual thing when I was 14 and forced me to smoke the entire pack of cigarettes he found in my room. It wasn't nice, and I really disliked him for it, but it didn't stop me.

When I was teen, you were strange if you didn't smoke. I hope that has changed now. I hear they are FINALLY planning on removing the cigarette shelf thingies that are in every shop. Bit late if you ask me, but hey, we're learning, slowly.

Rawr!

Metang

I don't get the appeal of smoking. It makes your breathing MUCH harder (especially at an older age), and if you smoke regularly, it has a nasty effect on you looks-wise as well.

Images speak louder than words.
YouTube: TheLegendaryPirate
Email: e.&...

I see no reason to. It's not worth the damage it does to your lungs.

JTC-Pingas

JTC-Pingas

Machu wrote:

You might as well lock this one too, it had for more offensive comments in than the booze one. Meanwhile, I'm goin' for a fag!

Untitled

Lol Nice!

JTC-Pingas

no

tonyp415

What the hell kind of thread is this? Oo

Only a fool wouldn't strategize before a fight MUA HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

nintendoduffin

Okay, here's my two cents as it were.
I'm a smoker and while I would advise anyone reading this who doesn't smoke not to start as it is difficult to quit, I wouldn't go so far as to criticise someone or even call them an idiot for their lifestyle choices.
I'm a light/social smoker, I can buy a ten deck and have it last up to two weeks as I mainly smoke when I drink. Yes, there is a heightened risk that I will die of lung cancer but to me risk is part of life, I could be hit by a bus tomorrow but that doesn't stop me crossing the road. I'm not endorsing smoking but at the same time I'm not condemning it either, everyone should be free to choose the lifestyle that appeals to them as they and they alone are responsible for their choices.
Preachy non-smokers absolutely do my head in, if you don't want to smoke then that's your choice but don't think you're better than me or anyone else because of it.

nintendoduffin

Machu

Nicely put nintendoduffin. I gave up for six months way back, and I was a complete a55 about it. I thought I was great and took much pleasure in mocking those who still smoked, ha.

Rawr!

ItsFuzzyPickles

Right now, I have a sore throat, I felt like I've been smoking, even thought I haven't at all.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

theblackdragon

__Stevie wrote:

ex-smokers are 10x worse than non-smokers for preaching.

Check it

sometimes ex-anything is worse, to be honest... ever tried to hang around someone on a fad diet? someone who decided to change religions? someone who stopped smoking or drinking? went vegetarian? that's generally all they can talk about until they get over the newness factor, and the ones who get preachy or drop all their old friends who didn't change along with them get on my nerves hardcore. it's almost as if they feel some compulsion to keep talking about how they're not doing blah-blah-blah anymore or drop all their old friends who still do blah-blah-blah, because if they stop talking about it or hang out with them they'll just go right back into doing blah-blah-blah again. it kinda gives you a feel for who your friends that are worth keeping really are... i don't like hanging around people sniping at me for my life choices just because they've changed theirs. :/

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

theblackdragon

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

Right now, I have a sore throat, I felt like I've been smoking, even thought I haven't at all.

SSBFan1999, didn't you just say "Hell no, I never smoked before and will never ever smoke"? You've never smoked before; you don't know how someone who smokes actually feels because you've never done it yourself. Plz to stop being so dramatic.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Corbs

My wife smokes off and on. She quits from time to time, but in truth it doesn't bother me. She smokes outside.

Plain old gamer :)

ItsFuzzyPickles

@Link-Hero: That made my sore throath get even worse, by just her smoking through her throath! Good thing she quit smoking, however, smoking can do pretty horrifying results to your body. BTW, when did she die?

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.