Forums

Topic: Do you say "Merry Christmas" or Happy Holidays"?

Posts 41 to 45 of 45

Stuffgamer1

@Machu: Umm...what exactly are you referring to with that "awesome" comment?

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Machu

Nothing much, sorry. I just enjoy a healthy debate.

Rawr!

The_Fox

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Well, implying we have sticks up our butts IS rude, no matter how you look at it.

It just seems to me that "Happy Holidays" is a bit TOO inclusive, so as to suggest "I have no idea who you are, and instead of using the official Government-endorsed holiday, I'll just be non-specific and hope you're happy with that." Especially since it includes at least one holiday that was invented out of nowhere for no good reason.

I don't see any problem with being inclusive. Why exclude people? My point is they're both fine. Getting worked up over people saying Happy Holidays is silly. There are FAR more important issues.
I do apologize if the stick comment upset you, though. I like to be a little over the top at least once a day.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Stuffgamer1

Apology accepted for the stick comment, then. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on the "Happy Holidays" point though, 'cause I really don't know how to properly explain my point...and I doubt it'd do any good even if I did.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.