General Discussion Forum

Topic: Do you like J-pop?

Showing 21 to 39 of 39

AuthorMessage
Avatar

jbrodack

21. Posted:

sigh are awesome and pretty varied. Imaginary Sonicscape is a great album. Gallows gallery is completely different and not black metal in any way.

Perfume is kinda cool. Techno pop is interesting and better than the electropop wkipedia redirected me to.

wii code: 2630-2655-0027-8482
onslaught friend code: 1977-7779-8949
bomberman blast: 1634 2282 0930

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DjPhatskillz

22. Posted:


why would i know about this? ITS TERRIBLE! its like J-california bro songs about the beach rock!

KILLDOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

23. Posted:

Wow. Some people haven't seen Sakuran.

I feel very sorry for you :( Anna is awwwwwwwesome.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DjPhatskillz

24. Posted:

i havent seen Sakuran. from the wikipedia page i have gathered that it is a movie based off of a manga about a girl who strives to become a prostitute? sounds rad. but i mean come on... i've watched a couple more of her videos on da youtubes and i just don't really think this kinda music is that cool. am i missing something? is this just like her new songs that aren't that good? i don't wanna down grade you or nothing if you like this kinda music. i just fail to see the big deal? maybe i need to just see Sakuran to get it eh?
i dont really like this kinda music:

too soft:

this one is alright though... it has some cool rave synths.

EDIT:what isshe putting in her mouth at 3:54^^^^^

Edited on by DjPhatskillz

KILLDOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

25. Posted:

Honestly? Anna's music is amusing enough. It's light pop music - fun enough in small doses.

She's actually a very talented actor, and so incredibly sexy. What else do you want in a pop princess? Unless you're going to actually claim you only listen to symphonies and opera, it's not like you (or anyone else) can claim some kind of elitist "I only listen to quality" stance. Anna (and most pop music in general) music is quite clearly not meant to be quality, in that sense, anyway.

I mean, I understand why people might not like the music, but this kind of "OMG IT'S CRAP MUSIC MY EARS ARE BLEEDING" annoys me no end. I personally think any metal heavier than Nightwish is terrible, but that's an opinion I realise is just that, my opinion.

For the record, I quite like Opera and symphonies as well.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DjPhatskillz

26. Posted:

lol i was just asking why she was important enough for you to say that since people were not posting about her they know nothing about J-anything.

KILLDOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

27. Posted:

DjPhatskillz wrote:

lol i was just asking why she was important enough for you to say that since people were not posting about her they know nothing about J-anything.

She's no more important than any other Japanese idol. But anyone who doesn't know Anna clearly doesn't know how hot J-Pop can be, and lets face it, that's 90% of it awesomeness.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DjPhatskillz

28. Posted:

if you say so, waltzy. to quote the ever knowledgeable starboy's signature "to each his own". i tend to think that music makes up 100% of it but i don't claim any vast understanding of j-pop.

Edited on by DjPhatskillz

KILLDOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

odd69

29. Posted:

When i first heard Genki Rockets while playing No more heroes, i loved it. Now i own the promo cd mixes and the album and the videos on my youtube page. This is coming from a guy(me) who plays hardcore metal and punk rock on guitar.So not all J-pop is bad.

Edited on by odd69

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

30. Posted:

DjPhatskillz wrote:

if you say so, waltzy. to quote the ever knowledgeable starboy's signature "to each his own". i tend to think that music makes up 100% of it but i don't claim any vast understanding of j-pop.

What is music? It's a form of entertainment. It's the sum of its whole.

People get so wrapped up in being elitist about music, it amazes me. It's just entertainment - same as movies, theatre, sport and books. It's there as an avenue to having fun.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DjPhatskillz

31. Posted:

waltzy, what are you even talking about right now?

KILLDOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

32. Posted:

DjPhatskillz wrote:

waltzy, what are you even talking about right now?

You are asking what's with Anna?

She's very entertaining, that's what.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DjPhatskillz

33. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

DjPhatskillz wrote:

waltzy, what are you even talking about right now?

You are asking what's with Anna?

She's very entertaining, that's what.

i feel like you could have told that to me with out all the elitist call outs! jeez.... but i understand now. i also understand that fans of j-pop sensation anna tsuchiya are not to be messed with!

KILLDOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

34. Posted:

DjPhatskillz wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

DjPhatskillz wrote:

waltzy, what are you even talking about right now?

You are asking what's with Anna?

She's very entertaining, that's what.

i feel like you could have told that to me with out all the elitist call outs! jeez.... but i understand now. i also understand that fans of j-pop sensation anna tsuchiya are not to be messed with!

...

"i don't wanna down grade you or nothing if you like this kinda music."

Is incredibly elitist. That's all I was calling you on. I came into this thread to have some fun, and soon found myself ambushed for being a lesser being in music taste <_<

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DjPhatskillz

35. Posted:

how is that elitist? i'm saying that i don't want to downgrade you....i was trying to not sound elitist. you came to this thread calling people out for not knowing about j-pop sensation anna tsuchiya...i simply wanted to know why she is a big deal. i guess i crossed the line by saying that i thought some of her songs were crappy... but i tried to understand your point of view...

Edited on by DjPhatskillz

KILLDOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

36. Posted:

DjPhatskillz wrote:

how is that elitist? i'm saying that i don't want to downgrade you....i was trying to not sound elitist

Those kinds of statements are elitist by virtue that you're placing yourself and your opinion above the other persons'. By acting as though you in a position to "downgrade" someone else you come across as quite abrasive.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DjPhatskillz

37. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

DjPhatskillz wrote:

how is that elitist? i'm saying that i don't want to downgrade you....i was trying to not sound elitist

Those kinds of statements are elitist by virtue that you're placing yourself and your opinion above the other persons'. By acting as though you in a position to "downgrade" someone else you come across as quite abrasive.

and by those standards you weren't being elitist when you said that people in this thread don't know about j-anything cause they weren't posting about j-pop singing sensation anna tsuchiya? its the internet waltzy....gimmie a break!

Edited on by DjPhatskillz

KILLDOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grenworthshero

38. Posted:

DjPhatskillz wrote:

i feel like you could have told that to me with out all the elitist call outs! jeez.... but i understand now. i also understand that fans of j-pop sensation anna tsuchiya are not to be messed with!

Hahaha! I second this.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
3DS Code: 3823-8687-7682
***
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--Facebook--last.fm

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PeeJay

39. Posted:

has anyone seen or heard of Nakjima Megumi? she is so pretty and so cute and has an awesome voice! she is the one of the people who sang the most of the Macross Frontier Soundtrack.

i mean try Seikan Hikō and listen to it or watch some videos of the live...

Edited on by PeeJay

Life is all about resolve, Outcome is secondary. It is resolve that determines the value of your life.
-Okami