Forums

Topic: Do you have any Disabilities?

Posts 121 to 140 of 142

RobbEJay

I had that problem myself, but not too often. Most just ask why I'm so quiet and comment about how quiet I am, once in a while someone would try to see if they could convince me to speak but no very often. The father through school I got the less it happened, though I also opened up a lot by my junior year. My teacher did make me take a TV productions class to try and force me to talk to people, cause we all know how forcing people who are uncomfortable talking to others into uncomfortable situations more talkative.

Edited on by RobbEJay

RobbEJay

SammyOfMobius

I have Autism Spectrum.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

JohnPhilipSousa

I prefer to consider this an ability rather than a disability, but I'm autistic. I don't consider it a condition. I consider it a different way of thinking. It only becomes a disability when ignorant jerks refuse to let me think the way I do.

Zombie_Barioth wrote:

I had that problem myself, but not too often. Most just ask why I'm so quiet and comment about how quiet I am, once in a while someone would try to see if they could convince me to speak but no very often. The father through school I got the less it happened, though I also opened up a lot by my junior year. My teacher did make me take a TV productions class to try and force me to talk to people, cause we all know how forcing people who are uncomfortable talking to others into uncomfortable situations more talkative.

Story of my life. All throughout elementary school, there were these girls who always tried to get me to talk to them. Fortunately they gave up in middle school. This year though, (8th grade) I decided to be in the school musical (I love music). Since then, the trying to talk to me has started again. Teachers did the same as well. Introversion is not a problem. Why do people make it one?

Edited on by JohnPhilipSousa

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

CanisWolfred

Zombie_Barioth wrote:

....cause we all know how forcing people who are uncomfortable talking to others into uncomfortable situations more talkative.

That...actually works. It's called Exposure Therapy and it's what helped me get comfortable with talking. The more you talk to people (it's better to start with small groups and one-on-ones, which that class might actually be), the more comfortable you get with it. I'm pretty quiet, but I don't have nearly as much trouble talking to people as I used to. I can even talk in front of a whole class with relatively little trouble, despite fainting when I was forced to do that at the beginning of High School. Of course, it helps that I can concentrete on what I'm doing so hard that I can block everything else out...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CorporalPegasus

I miss a lot of nerves in my right arm, its as bad as it sounds, but no Wii games with a nunchuck for me.

IGOR!

Scary_Old_Lady

I have wings.

Train Simulator Reskins: http://superalbs.weebly.com/ ;)

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0038-1854

Vehemont

I have Type 1 diabetes where I have to take 6 or more insulin shots a day. I was diagnosed with it when I was 17 and spent 7 days in the hospital with 4 of them in an ICU unit. It can be kinda depressing at times but there are worse things you can have like cancer.

Vehemont

SomeBitTripFan

I don't know if you can quite consider this a disability, but I'm very allergic to Sunflower seeds and oil. I have to have any EpiPen in case I eat anything with it. Sunflower oil is considered one of the healthiest oils available and is in almost everything. It also isn't a commonly known allergy so asking restaurants about oils is irritating. I'm glad it isn't peanuts, wheat, or gluten though.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

SammyOfMobius

@Cr1TiKaL: I am 13 years old an have Autism Spectrum... I do online school now so I don't get made fun of.

Edited on by SammyOfMobius

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

HeroOfCybertron

I had a Brain Tumor before I started Kindergarten and had a learning disability and when I was in 3rd grade I had a Stroke which left my Right Arm and Leg partly paralyzed that was several years ago I'm 29 now and to add to all that I'm still very shy. I can still play video games just none that use the Wii,s nunchuck and it's hard for me to press the R button on my 3DS XL so I usually so I try to avoid DS/3DS games that use the R button a lot I also can't use the Right stick on PS3 controllers or on the Vita.

Edited on by HeroOfCybertron

Bah weep granah weep nini bong

ogo79

i have a 12 inch rod in my leg and 4 screws from a nasty car wreck when i snapped my femur.
sometimes the whole side of my body aches but after so many years you learn to deal with it.
it doesnt stop me from being mobile though. no one is above a roundhouse.
i also had/have crohns disease and had to get cut open.
sometimes my stomach will hurt out of nowhere, they removed a mass that was as big as a softball and then they stapled my waist back together.
it doesnt stop me from eating whatever i want though. no chicken fried steak is above being eaten.
if you find humor in life it keeps you young, sit around and complain everyday it keeps you old, thats when the real pain sets in.
guess this disqualifies me as being disabled.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Eel

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

I don't know if you can quite consider this a disability, but I'm very allergic to Sunflower seeds and oil. I have to have any EpiPen in case I eat anything with it. Sunflower oil is considered one of the healthiest oils available and is in almost everything. It also isn't a commonly known allergy so asking restaurants about oils is irritating. I'm glad it isn't peanuts, wheat, or gluten though.

Oh, it's not an allergy or anything comparable, but I am lactose intolerant!

It's not of the "Drinks milk, runs to the bathroom"-kind, but it gets annoying when I forget about it and drink milk (or eat something made with milk) and then I feel all bloated and sick lol (like right now, damn frappuccino).

Delactosed milk is a blessing, even if my dad dislikes it

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TheDreamingHawk

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

@Joker/Hawk:...Was wondering how old are you? Because back in Middle/High, that's what would happen to me...not act like I'm a creep, but mainly pick on me simply because I was the quiet/weird one. Dunno about you, but once I hit college everyone left me alone or acted normal towards me...

I don't like giving my exact age, but I'm in that area you were in when you were picked on, that's all I will say.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Tricoloryoshi

Does lactose intolerance count?

Three#1658
Kid Icarus Uprising Multiplayer Discord: https://discord.gg/aaewMv2
https://backloggery.com/Tricoloryoshi
NNID: Tricoloryoshi
3DS: 1332-8860-5661

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8860-5661 | Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

Snagrio

I have terrible procrastination problems... And I'm pretty sure I have ADD. Just a hunch, but I think they go hand in hand.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

TheDreamingHawk

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

Morphtroid wrote:

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

@TheDreamingHawk,

No offense but you'd be in your 20's then like me? I just like guessing lol no offense sorry.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

I'm pretty sure he's younger than 18 years.

Then again, I'm no psychic.

I don't know the way thedreaminghawk was talking I'd guess early 20's maybe but that's just me.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Yup, I am under 18. But that's all I'll say.

As for why they ask me help... I dunno. They just come out of nowhere and ask, and I tend to remain slient like red from pokemon Gold and Sliver. LOL

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

SirSmugleaf

I can say that there is pretty much nothing wrong with me at all.

Geeez, though, all you guys are SO brave! I thought that things can sometimes be hard for me, but you guys make me look like an idiot, when I complain about just nothing compared to what you guys gonthrough. Soldier on!

The only thing I can say is that I can get bad hayfever, but that's nothing. Because its spring over where I live it's been getting annoying recently, and for some reason I've developed a new allergy this year that makes me constantly produce saliva, so I always have to spit, and its really embarrassing at school! But that's just a minor thing, and pretty much not worth mentioning at all...

Edited on by SirSmugleaf

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

SkywardLink98

Does awful eyesight count?

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.