General Discussion Forum

Topic: Do you have any Disabilities?

Showing 121 to 140 of 150

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

121. Posted:

Oh, ah well. Maybe I just don't get out as much anymore. >.>
But yeah when I was in college it seemed like I was being treated normally.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

122. Posted:

@Late Did you look at the date that I wrote that last post? That was over three years ago! Haha Wow! But to answer your question, I have a very rare disease that's progressive. In the years since I wrote that last post, I've been on a number of stronger medicines to cope with the disease's progression and just one of them that I take every night is over $1,000 a month, if I didn't have insurance. I think my total in monthly medicine cost would be close to $1,600 a month without insurance, but I come out of pocket about $90 a month in total. Granted, that's after I pay $500 a month for insurance for my myself and family, so yes, it's indeed expensive and still broken after the so-called "reformation."

@Mr_Trill3506 This past January, I thought I was having a heart attack - I'm 30, but I take strong medicines for other ailments - and I found out that I've got a bit of back flow on one of my valves, as well as an irregular heartbeat. Thankfully, the doctor said that I won't need an operation on it for at least another 15-20 years. Something to look forward to, I guess. #sarcasm

@Wheels2050 I was being very facetious when I wrote that 3 years ago. ;)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Zombie_Barioth

123. Posted:

I had that problem myself, but not too often. Most just ask why I'm so quiet and comment about how quiet I am, once in a while someone would try to see if they could convince me to speak but no very often. The father through school I got the less it happened, though I also opened up a lot by my junior year. My teacher did make me take a TV productions class to try and force me to talk to people, cause we all know how forcing people who are uncomfortable talking to others into uncomfortable situations more talkative.

Edited on by Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

124. Posted:

I have Autism Spectrum.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage

JohnPhilipSousa

125. Posted:

I prefer to consider this an ability rather than a disability, but I'm autistic. I don't consider it a condition. I consider it a different way of thinking. It only becomes a disability when ignorant jerks refuse to let me think the way I do.

Zombie_Barioth wrote:

I had that problem myself, but not too often. Most just ask why I'm so quiet and comment about how quiet I am, once in a while someone would try to see if they could convince me to speak but no very often. The father through school I got the less it happened, though I also opened up a lot by my junior year. My teacher did make me take a TV productions class to try and force me to talk to people, cause we all know how forcing people who are uncomfortable talking to others into uncomfortable situations more talkative.

Story of my life. All throughout elementary school, there were these girls who always tried to get me to talk to them. Fortunately they gave up in middle school. This year though, (8th grade) I decided to be in the school musical (I love music). Since then, the trying to talk to me has started again. Teachers did the same as well. Introversion is not a problem. Why do people make it one?

Edited on by JohnPhilipSousa

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

126. Posted:

Zombie_Barioth wrote:

....cause we all know how forcing people who are uncomfortable talking to others into uncomfortable situations more talkative.

That...actually works. It's called Exposure Therapy and it's what helped me get comfortable with talking. The more you talk to people (it's better to start with small groups and one-on-ones, which that class might actually be), the more comfortable you get with it. I'm pretty quiet, but I don't have nearly as much trouble talking to people as I used to. I can even talk in front of a whole class with relatively little trouble, despite fainting when I was forced to do that at the beginning of High School. Of course, it helps that I can concentrete on what I'm doing so hard that I can block everything else out...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

127. Posted:

I miss a lot of nerves in my right arm, its as bad as it sounds, but no Wii games with a nunchuck for me.

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

Scary_Old_Lady

128. Posted:

I have wings.

Get free amazon vouchers and steam games at: http://adf.ly/2695720/freegames

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0038-1854

AuthorMessage

Vehemont

129. Posted:

I have Type 1 diabetes where I have to take 6 or more insulin shots a day. I was diagnosed with it when I was 17 and spent 7 days in the hospital with 4 of them in an ICU unit. It can be kinda depressing at times but there are worse things you can have like cancer.

Vehemont

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

130. Posted:

I don't know if you can quite consider this a disability, but I'm very allergic to Sunflower seeds and oil. I have to have any EpiPen in case I eat anything with it. Sunflower oil is considered one of the healthiest oils available and is in almost everything. It also isn't a commonly known allergy so asking restaurants about oils is irritating. I'm glad it isn't peanuts, wheat, or gluten though.

Just Someloggery
Current Projects: Beloved Titan
On the Back Burner: The Machine, Ascending Entity, Antumbra, Between Two Causes, Heaven's Point, Binary, A Pixel and a Dot, Base O-70, A Wakeful Purgatory
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

131. Posted:

@Cr1TiKaL: I am 13 years old an have Autism Spectrum... I do online school now so I don't get made fun of. :D

Edited on by SammyOfMobius

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage

HeroOfCybertron

132. Posted:

I had a Brain Tumor before I started Kindergarten and had a learning disability and when I was in 3rd grade I had a Stroke which left my Right Arm and Leg partly paralyzed that was several years ago I'm 29 now and to add to all that I'm still very shy. I can still play video games just none that use the Wii,s nunchuck and it's hard for me to press the R button on my 3DS XL so I usually so I try to avoid DS/3DS games that use the R button a lot I also can't use the Right stick on PS3 controllers or on the Vita.

Edited on by HeroOfCybertron

Nintendo Network ID: MegaManPrime
"Of course. how selfish of me. Let's do all the things that you wanna do."

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

133. Posted:

I'm the complete opposite of shy. I believe in communication, I'm a bit of a moter mouth and I'm pretty outspoken a lot of the time, but i don't give a damn because life's short. My quirk however is Anxiety which tends to rear it's ugly head half of the time. If I'm confident with how i look and blah blah it's reduced significantly, but if i'm having a day where things aren't going my way it's ramped up again depending. :p It can be quite sevre at times too. And not a habbit to obviously get into but if i were to bang back a few beer the anxiety is history. And i'm not a fan of antidpressents/anti-anxiety medication. Sure it can help but the side effects range from insomnia, looking under the weather/skin problems, feeling emotionally numb and limbido loss and who knows what the long term side effects are.

Anyways, Basically situations where you walk into a quite room where all eyes are on you, or even presenting things in class are what get me. the most silliest and easiest daily tasks seem like an obstacle at times. XP Which is crazy, because i used to work on movie sets and my anxiety was pretty much non exsistent.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

134. Posted:

i have a 12 inch rod in my leg and 4 screws from a nasty car wreck when i snapped my femur.
sometimes the whole side of my body aches but after so many years you learn to deal with it.
it doesnt stop me from being mobile though. no one is above a roundhouse.
i also had/have crohns disease and had to get cut open.
sometimes my stomach will hurt out of nowhere, they removed a mass that was as big as a softball and then they stapled my waist back together.
it doesnt stop me from eating whatever i want though. no chicken fried steak is above being eaten.
if you find humor in life it keeps you young, sit around and complain everyday it keeps you old, thats when the real pain sets in.
guess this disqualifies me as being disabled.

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

135. Posted:

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

I don't know if you can quite consider this a disability, but I'm very allergic to Sunflower seeds and oil. I have to have any EpiPen in case I eat anything with it. Sunflower oil is considered one of the healthiest oils available and is in almost everything. It also isn't a commonly known allergy so asking restaurants about oils is irritating. I'm glad it isn't peanuts, wheat, or gluten though.

Oh, it's not an allergy or anything comparable, but I am lactose intolerant!

It's not of the "Drinks milk, runs to the bathroom"-kind, but it gets annoying when I forget about it and drink milk (or eat something made with milk) and then I feel all bloated and sick lol (like right now, damn frappuccino).

Delactosed milk is a blessing, even if my dad dislikes it :P

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

136. Posted:

I have austim (austism spectrum disorder) & stuttering problem. I don't really like to admit either one to be honest kind embarrassed by both. Nice to know there are other austistic people on the web. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Edited on by Barbiegurl777

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Rugrats777 Blog - Discontinued
Colors 3D! My Gallery
MoshiMe: ymmas626
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My Dream Code: 5600-2112-8544
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

137. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

@Joker/Hawk:...Was wondering how old are you? Because back in Middle/High, that's what would happen to me...not act like I'm a creep, but mainly pick on me simply because I was the quiet/weird one. Dunno about you, but once I hit college everyone left me alone or acted normal towards me...

I don't like giving my exact age, but I'm in that area you were in when you were picked on, that's all I will say.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

138. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

@Joker/Hawk:...Was wondering how old are you? Because back in Middle/High, that's what would happen to me...not act like I'm a creep, but mainly pick on me simply because I was the quiet/weird one. Dunno about you, but once I hit college everyone left me alone or acted normal towards me...

I don't like giving my exact age, but I'm in that area you were in when you were picked on, that's all I will say.

Yeah I was also called quiet & weird for long time but I stopped talking in school after a while because people were calling me porky pig & taz & kept impliling about my stuttering saying I sounded like those to looney tune character's saying I couldn't talk right. I can talk but hate my stuttering it comes & goes every once in while now a day's but still annoying to put up with. It was much worse when I first started school in kindergarden every other word was stuttering truly annoying when you want to say something & you can't get the words out exactly right.

@TheDreamingHawk,

No offense but you'd be in your 20's then like me? I just like guessing lol no offense sorry. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Colors 3D! My Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage

Tricoloryoshi

139. Posted:

Does lactose intolerance count?

I izz anti-not good at teh grammerrzz.
If at first you don't succeed, ragequit.
Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.
Love is too mainstream, haters gonna hate~
my bio by @true_hero
Here is a link. Click it!!! щ(ಠ益ಠщ)

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8860-5661 | Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

140. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I have Asperger's syndrome, and I hate it to death. Why? Kids constantly ask if I need help. Yet I behave like everyone else save for some controller-throwing that happens when I lose in a very tense situation.

No offense but why would kids ask you if you needed help? That's not a bad thing but sound's a little odd.

Unforunately I'm the opposite little kids alway's want to hang out with me or talk to me for some reason. I've tried being around people who are my age but they normally don't seem to want anything to do with me unless there from another country & I'm talking to them on the web. It's just weird. There two excuses are saying about my stuttering & saying I act immature which they've said for years so I just ignore it any more so. I believe some of my so called immaturity comes from me being autistic but I could be wrong but that where I think it comes from on alot of level's.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Edited on by Barbiegurl777

Colors 3D! My Gallery