Forums

Topic: Do you have any Disabilities?

Posts 101 to 120 of 142

Arianabtd

Well I used to have a Hypothyroidism. (might still have it but its in remission)
Its not a disability per say but i'm always freaking tired and super cold or super hot and it makes it hard for me to do stuff when I feel cruddy all the time.
Also when i'm in a youth group activity I get winded really easily.
>_<

Edited on by Arianabtd

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

theblackdragon

Guys, this isn't a 'more ______ than thou' thread. If the idea that someone posting in this thread may not be as afflicted with a given disorder than you and stil presents themselves on your level bothers you, please move on. if we could keep this thread focused on disorders and/or disabilities that you personally have and not whether or not someone else is truly suffering from something or not, I'd greatly appreciate it — and so would others who may be timid about expressing themselves in this thread.

Also, if we could steer clear of politics, that would be awesome.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Hokori

IDK, but sometimes I catch myself being ADD while typing, but not while I'm actually talking... It's weird

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

MikeDanger

I have 3 herniated disks on my spinal cord, thanks to professional wrestling I also have a bad knee and a bad ankle both on my right leg thanks to high school basketball. Although I don't have a limp(yet) it hurts a lot especially on cold days.

My back hurts a lot especially when i'm sitting down, and if that chair doesn't have the back part it's murder on me

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

RobbEJay

@Birdman Then my suspicions are correct then, didn't want to sound like I was just making up conspiracy theories.

It seems to me a lot of people don't actually understand certain disabilities even if they think they do. A lot of people assume autism only applies to those who can't walk or speak and people with really mild autism are just "slow". OCD is the same way many people associate it with being a neat freak to the point they call it being OCD about things. One of my aunts actually thought I had it because I washed my hands a lot, cause apparently people don't normally wash their hands after eating, using the restroom, or handling anything dirty.

@Jon_Talbain I know what its like, ADD and depression aside. Boy did it make English classes hard. I don't obsess either, not like most people do anyway. For example I'm currently looking into getting contacts so I'm reading up on them as much as I can, but only for research purposes so I'm more like a scientist obsessed with his work. My doctor actually diagnosed it based on the physical problems that can come with it.

RobbEJay

Happy_Mask

I ate Paint, and now I feel bad. @_@
I also laugh at certain things that aren't funny, and generally quite sad, because I love Irony. :3

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Void

CowLaunch wrote:

Yeah, I have also become a little weary of people who claim to be 'slightly dyslexic', 'sightly autistic', or even 'slightly bi-polar' (how can you be slightly inclined to veer to extremes of mania and depression?)

I personally used the word slightly because it sounded weird to say the word mild twice in the same sentence.
@Happy_Mask Thats not exactly a disorder, more so kind of weird that you ate the paint in the first place..

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

WesCash

Happy_Mask wrote:

I ate Paint, and now I feel bad. @_@

This is an actual disorder called "Pica" where you have an appetite for things that aren't food.

DROPPIN' THE LEARNIN' IN HERE YO!!

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

V8_Ninja

A few years back I was diagnosed with a processing delay of some sort. I can't remember the name of what was causing it (or if there was anything causing it at all), but it essentially makes me stress a bit more on timed tasks and makes me a bit slower at performing non-ordinary actions.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Birdman

@Zombie_Balroth - Actually, my statements are based more on stories I've overheard from other people than actual facts or truth. Essentially, take what I said on the same level as anything you watch on Ancient Aliens: There may be some fact or truth in there, but, then again, I may be mistaken.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

TheDreamingHawk

I have Asperger's syndrome, and I hate it to death. Why? Kids constantly ask if I need help. Yet I behave like everyone else save for some controller-throwing that happens when I lose in a very tense situation.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Jani-Koblaney

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I have Asperger's syndrome, and I hate it to death. Why? Kids constantly ask if I need help. Yet I behave like everyone else save for some controller-throwing that happens when I lose in a very tense situation.

That is exactly what people ask me and tell me! A lot of people who don't understand autism act like I'm a creep or something just because I tend to keep my emotions inside and I don't talk that much.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Joeynator3000

@Joker/Hawk:...Was wondering how old are you? Because back in Middle/High, that's what would happen to me...not act like I'm a creep, but mainly pick on me simply because I was the quiet/weird one. Dunno about you, but once I hit college everyone left me alone or acted normal towards me...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Drobotic

Well,I have to wear glasses because I'm near-sighted.At least I got some fashionable glasses,so people won't blindly insult me just because I can't see like them.

Edited on by Drobotic

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

Jani-Koblaney

@Erica_Hartmann
I'm 18. It's not nearly as bad as it was during elementary, middle, and early high school, but there still are some uneducated people who treat me like I'm a creep or a idiot.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Happy_Mask

I assume you're rocking the Harry potter specs?
But I don't think people mock us "four eyes" anymore. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Joeynator3000

Oh, ah well. Maybe I just don't get out as much anymore. >.>
But yeah when I was in college it seemed like I was being treated normally.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Slapshot

@Late Did you look at the date that I wrote that last post? That was over three years ago! Haha Wow! But to answer your question, I have a very rare disease that's progressive. In the years since I wrote that last post, I've been on a number of stronger medicines to cope with the disease's progression and just one of them that I take every night is over $1,000 a month, if I didn't have insurance. I think my total in monthly medicine cost would be close to $1,600 a month without insurance, but I come out of pocket about $90 a month in total. Granted, that's after I pay $500 a month for insurance for my myself and family, so yes, it's indeed expensive and still broken after the so-called "reformation."

@Mr_Trill3506 This past January, I thought I was having a heart attack - I'm 30, but I take strong medicines for other ailments - and I found out that I've got a bit of back flow on one of my valves, as well as an irregular heartbeat. Thankfully, the doctor said that I won't need an operation on it for at least another 15-20 years. Something to look forward to, I guess. #sarcasm

@Wheels2050 I was being very facetious when I wrote that 3 years ago.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.