Forums

Topic: Do you drink alcohol?

Posts 81 to 98 of 98

Machu

Ok, next time I dig up old threads, I might be a bit more careful which ones I choose. 0_o

To all those with sad stories, I'm very sorry for you. To all those who are too young have a clue what you're on about, shut up! To all those who don't want to drink and don't feel the need to, but don't judge those who do, good for you.

Rawr!

Firkraag

Machu wrote:

To all those who are too young have a clue what you're on about, shut up!.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

skywake

I don't really drink the stuff but that's my choice and I don't get all preachy about it. I have found that the times I have drunk the stuff I enjoyed the social experience that surrounded it more than the drink. Interestingly whenever I can smell beer it always reminds me of the post High School graduation parties me and my friends had. Good times!

Having said that I have never really enjoyed Beer. I am an Australian and have (and this is probably un-patriotic or something) always hated Vegemite. Beer tastes too much like liquid Vegemite for me to really enjoy it.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Magi

Machu wrote:

To all those who don't want to drink and don't feel the need to, but don't judge those who do, good for you.

As soon as a person who has been drinking too much gets behind the wheel of a vehicle thinking they're ok to drive, then I reserve the right to judge the hell out of them. For the record, I'm not saying YOU do this...but I'm just saying...

Magi

Golgo

I'm genuinely surprised about all the abstinence on these forums. To judge by the quality and aggression levels of many posts, I would have thought many forumites were permanently pissed. Now if you'll excuse me, it's Pimms o' clock!

aka AbusedDog...
Wii Friend Code/Console Number: 5187 2674 6845 1702
WarioWare DIY (DS) Friend Code: 1463 0244 5199
PSN ID: Abused_Dog

Firkraag

Magi wrote:

As soon as a person who has been drinking too much gets behind the wheel of a vehicle thinking they're ok to drive, then I reserve the right to judge the hell out of them. For the record, I'm not saying YOU do this...but I'm just saying...

What the hell does drinking and driving have to do with what he said. And I'll have you know that drunk drivers are an extreme minority amongst drinkers.

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

Magi

Wait...it doesn't have anything to do with what he said? He stated "good for you" to those who don't drink but don't judge others that do. I'm just stating that is a valid point EXCEPT when someone who is tipsy, buzzed, drunk etc endangers someone else's safety. I think it's a valid extension of his point. Maybe you disagree. iono

Tipsy driving, buzzed driving, drunk driving...it's all the same and I think it happens far more than you think, although I NEVER said that I felt everyone who drank was a drunk driver. That's something I guess you interpreted.

Magi

Firkraag

Magi wrote:

Wait...it doesn't have anything to do with what he said? He stated "good for you" to those who don't drink but don't judge others that do. I'm just stating that is a valid point EXCEPT when someone who is tipsy, buzzed, drunk etc endangers someone else's safety. I think it's a valid extension of his point. Maybe you disagree. iono

Tipsy driving, buzzed driving, drunk driving...it's all the same and I think it happens far more than you think, although I NEVER said that I felt everyone who drank was a drunk driver. That's something I guess you interpreted.

The way you quoted and answered implied that Machu would somehow think it's ok with drunk,tipsy,buzzed(wth?) drivers. There are assholes in any area, and just because one doesn't disapprove of drinking doesn't mean we like those assholes anymore than you do.

What you mentioned is about as relevant as bringing up muggers and murderers when discussing gun laws. Guns and alcohol doesn't kill people, people kill people and same goes for drunk drivers. People kill people might be a cliché way to argue but i'll be damned if it ain't true.

Edited on by Firkraag

warioswoods

What I don't get is all the Protestant denominations out there decrying drinking as a sin: don't they realize that Martin Luther himself was quite a proponent of drinking and enjoying life?

"Wer nicht liebt Wein, Weib und Gesang, der bleibt ein Thor sein Leben lang." - Martin Luther

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

zane

the bible says "drink as long as your heart is glad" I think that quote is from NT or maybe it's from the old testament´dunno. I'm drinking h**l yeah!

Edited on by zane

Old Nintendofan from up north...

anthonyb

Bikeage wrote:

like most things, even video games, moderation is the key. Now I just got home from work after a long day, so it's time to crack open a cold one. I know i've had too many when I get on the shop channel and download something like Blue's Journey.

Yes, it's all about moderation. And I too have downloaded a lot of disappointing games while intoxicated. :/

Currently Playing: [360] Mass Effect, Shadow Complex, Trials HD | [Wii] N/A | [DSi] N/A

anthonyb

@Firkraag: Your avatar and signature f**king rock. Now if you'll excuse me- I need to find some golf shoes or I'll never get out of these forums alive.

Currently Playing: [360] Mass Effect, Shadow Complex, Trials HD | [Wii] N/A | [DSi] N/A

theblackdragon

@Magi: I'm with Firkraag on this one... Machu was not talking about drunk drivers at all, and you immediately jumped into talking about them as if he had somehow condoned that kind of behavior with his quoted statement? Of course those of us who drink responsibly will take offense to that. Considering all the people who are not under the influence of any substance (including alcohol) and still manage to get into accidents that wind up with people killed every day, I think it's safe to say that people can make horrible decisions and drive like wackos with or without alcohol to help them along. :/

@Zane: that's a good quote if it's actually in there, lol... alcohol kinda intensifies whatever you're going through at the moment emotionally, so if you've had a terrible day you may end up angry and argumentative or crying into your drink, and if it's been a great day you'll probably end up having a great time. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Machu

@Magi: So car accidents ONLY happen when people are drunk or otherwise? I don't get why you assume those who like a drink have no common-sense whatsoever, and to be honest you are generalizing so much I can't take your comments seriously anymore. Why the **** did I re-awaken this thread as I should have known the type of comments it would have resulted in.

I'd rather not generalize, but I'm starting to get the impression of lot teetotalers are extremely uptight.

EDIT: @tbd: woah, spooky, ha.

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

longtimegamer

@Machu- Now I'm gonna have to go back and read everything on this whole thread to see the reactions to it.
By the way...I drink some, very occasionally though. Not to say if I was offered a drink, that I wouldn't take it.

Edit- @Alexsays- Yeah I've actually had some of those candys. I was living in Germany at the time too. Probably shouldn't have had them, I was a bit young.

Edited on by longtimegamer

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

theblackdragon

@Machu:
(a) lol that was indeed spooky; glad we're on the same page though :3
(b) this forum is fairly well populated with kids who have never touched a drop in their lives and who have not yet matured enough and had enough life experience to be more tolerant of those around them who choose to drink. now you know to let sleeping dogs lie... though I'd like to know who bothered to revive the smoking thread around the same time. both of these threads have people shooting their mouths off for no good reason, and it's ticking me off. there is no reason for the irrational hatred and/or flat-out intolerance of our fellow men and women for the sole reason that they choose to drink or smoke coming from the mouths of babes.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Machu

I have to admit it was my fault, I don't know WHAT I was thinking, awesome huh. I bumped the 'what are listening to' and other ones as well, but of course, these are the ones that got noticed and thus attracted extreme views. Yes, it is all my fault, and I have learned yet another lesson in the 'art of forum'.

I am sorry. But I didn't expect the responses we got. 0_o

EDIT: post-lock: OK, I give up now. I NEED A DRINK!!!! HA!

And why do we lock topics which could be interesting when you should be deleting the ass-holes who take it too far.
Because they provide hits, yes, yes, I know.

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

James

And that's the end of that chapter.

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.