General Discussion Forum

Topic: Do people still hate Toon Link?

Showing 41 to 56 of 56

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

41. Posted:

i thought that wind waker was a bugger game then twilight princess.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

42. Posted:

The+Fox wrote:

I'd have to say the gayer style of design fits the character better, so Toon Link makes sense.

.

I guess I should add before anyone accuses me of homophobia I didn't mean gay as in one's sexual orientation, but rather the other definition . I'm pretty sure everyone understood that, but some people....

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ravage

43. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

i thought that wind waker was a bugger game then twilight princess.

This thread has plenty of spelling errors :D

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rensch

44. Posted:

Both Links are awesome in their own way. I loved the style of the Wind Waker. You can say what you want about whatever you like but at least Wind Waker dared to take a different take on the series without fiddling with the basic formula that defines it. That's something you can't say about Twilight Princess, which was very similar to Ocarina of Time, but just had a bigger overworld.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Token_Girl

45. Posted:

Roopa132 wrote:

But I really think Toon Link should stay on handhelds because of the smaller hardware. Consoles are able to make a "realisitc" Zelda game so they should use that. Just look at the Gamecube: First they had Toon Wind Waker and then they brough the giant Twilight Princess.

This.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ravage

46. Posted:

Token+Girl wrote:

Roopa132 wrote:

But I really think Toon Link should stay on handhelds because of the smaller hardware. Consoles are able to make a "realisitc" Zelda game so they should use that. Just look at the Gamecube: First they had Toon Wind Waker and then they brough the giant Twilight Princess.

This.

Or you can take some of that extra power not used and create some extra little effects that wouldn't normally be present. Create more objects within the environments which can animate and make the world feel more lively. You could make a spectacular looking cell shaded game that won't have that "generic" graphical feel to it. While I understand people want a more cinematic feel with Zelda, and it's hard to do that without a bit of a cartoon aspect that comes with "toon link". I thought Windwaker was an amazing game, but it wasn't really serious, which would be hard to do with the look of the characters. I would love a more serious Zelda game myself, but I would take whatever they threw at me :D

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Trin

47. Posted:

It's starting to become obvious to me, a video games player of nearly 25 years, that once the dust has settled, the arguments have been had, and everything...

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker is the single finest Zelda game in the ever of ever, and very possibly the greatest video game of all-time. With some competition from Mario.

So no. Only n00bs, children, people who think a game needs to be 'cool', people who think they are cool, people who wear baseball caps 95% of the time, and cretins, would have reason to hate toon Link.

Trin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Axoloth

48. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

they do it that way because of the split timeline. OOT had two endings the child ending where link goes to termina and he's not there to stop gannon so the red king floods hyrule which leads to wind waker and the other where they tell on gannon before he could act which goes into the trail scene from twilight princess.

I thought one ending was where adult Link and Zelda seals away Ganondorf in to that dark world place, and before Wind Waker he breaks out and takes over Hyrule forcing the King to flood it. And I thought the other ending was where young Link tells on Ganondorf before he does anything, and so the King of Hyrule banishes him from Hyrule (as said in TP) and then he comes back with an army of bandits. Though he fails again and the sages try to put that sword through him and TP's story starts.
So, young Link = Twilight Princess, while adult Link = Wind Waker.

I could very well be wrong though.

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the conversation

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Roopa132

49. Posted:

Ravage wrote:

Token+Girl wrote:

Roopa132 wrote:

But I really think Toon Link should stay on handhelds because of the smaller hardware. Consoles are able to make a "realisitc" Zelda game so they should use that. Just look at the Gamecube: First they had Toon Wind Waker and then they brough the giant Twilight Princess.

This.

Or you can take some of that extra power not used and create some extra little effects that wouldn't normally be present. Create more objects within the environments which can animate and make the world feel more lively. You could make a spectacular looking cell shaded game that won't have that "generic" graphical feel to it. While I understand people want a more cinematic feel with Zelda, and it's hard to do that without a bit of a cartoon aspect that comes with "toon link". I thought Windwaker was an amazing game, but it wasn't really serious, which would be hard to do with the look of the characters. I would love a more serious Zelda game myself, but I would take whatever they threw at me :D

Yeah like you said. You can't really make a dark game with toon Hyrule. The stories in Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess are all pretty dark and that just wouldn't appear nearly as dark if they were toon games.
And you can really see in Phantom Hourglass and Minish Cap (I never really played WindWaker so I don't know about it) that they really make the game cartoonish and funny.
So I say: Toon for bright, happy Zelda games and "realistic" for dramatic dark ones.

Probably getting a Vita with LBP soon...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

50. Posted:

Axoloth wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

they do it that way because of the split timeline. OOT had two endings the child ending where link goes to termina and he's not there to stop gannon so the red king floods hyrule which leads to wind waker and the other where they tell on gannon before he could act which goes into the trail scene from twilight princess.

I thought one ending was where adult Link and Zelda seals away Ganondorf in to that dark world place, and before Wind Waker he breaks out and takes over Hyrule forcing the King to flood it. And I thought the other ending was where young Link tells on Ganondorf before he does anything, and so the King of Hyrule banishes him from Hyrule (as said in TP) and then he comes back with an army of bandits. Though he fails again and the sages try to put that sword through him and TP's story starts.
So, young Link = Twilight Princess, while adult Link = Wind Waker.

I could very well be wrong though.

i thik your right because after they seal gannon zelda sends link back to the past.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NotEnoughGolds

51. Posted:

There is no split timeline. Those theories are BS.
If you want to claim that Ocarina has a split timeline, then you can also claim that there are infinitely many split timelines that come from Majora's Mask.
There is only one sequence of time that actually matters. That sequence is whatever is happening at the end of the game.
At the end of Ocarina, Ganon is sealed away before ever rising to power.

But the legend of a Hero that traveled through time to save the world lives on.

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chunky_Droid

52. Posted:

I certainly don't, I'm getting him tattooed to my other arm

Feel free to add me to any of the listed consoles or services here :D just let me know who you are!

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0236-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Chunky_Droid | Twitter: chunky_droid

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ricardo91

53. Posted:

warioswoods wrote:

But I do hate this 'toon Link, oh so much.

Untitled

Well excuuuuse me, Wario!

I used to hate Toon Link, but he's really grown on me since I started maining him in Brawl. Just recently I've conquered my prejudice and got Wind Waker, and I'm loving it! It'll probably be my new favorite 3D Zelda.

Just Because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!- Homer Simpson
Nintendolife Chat. I'm never in it, but it's good to ptomote these things.
VC-Forums. We're desperate. Please join.
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TKOWL

54. Posted:

toon link is 200x the man link is

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Funky_Gamer

55. Posted:

I hate Toon Link!!!

Actually I dont even know why... I just do

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Amorous_Badger

56. Posted:

I really don't understand this.

A skim of this thread seems to indicate that people dislike Toon Link because it 'looks childish'.

I can only assume that these people have never played ALTTP or LA.

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7