Forums

Topic: Disney/Pixar Discussion

Posts 361 to 380 of 384

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I didn’t even know we had this lmao!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Kermit1doesmath

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I saw two during the parade.

From some reviews I saw one of the main character is gay and to avoid a press bullet Disney seems to be playing it safe with the marketing.

No comment on the movie because all of you will kill me.

edit: I have not seen it and I won't

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

Kermit1doesmath

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika idk it seems Disney TV and Disney Film are completely different.

to be honest I think the movie could have done without that character

dysgraphia awareness human

Ryu_Niiyama

Just saw Lightyear. I didn’t think that an opening sequence could hit me harder than Up did but Alisha Hawthorne is everything to me. I bawled like a baby for her whole sequence (granted it was longer than Up) and texted my mom. As a massive Toy Story fan (who got a Buzz Lightyear that xmas..still have it too) to have such a badass heroine in my lifetime is priceless… beyond priceless. All I can say is thank you Disney/Pixar. I’m off to buy every toy I can find with her in it.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ryu_Niiyama

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I think for anyone that saw the cartoon series that the plot fits. Especially even more so with the angle that this was the (most likely live action) movie Andy saw in 95. If this had come out in 95 I would have had Hawthorne everything in my room. The squad Buzz ends up with was jarring at first until again you think about the cartoon series and you realize that it’s on brand as heck. The twist was fun because it I think was the best measure of Buzz’s growth (the original story wouldn’t have shown Buzz growing as a person imo). I love that despite how serious it was there was still so much of the Pixar humor as well. There was a hint of too much star wars fan influences in some parts but Toy Story has that awkward role of having those influences inherent due to the age of the original creators, the kids that grew up with it not necessarily having that connection as 90s kids and that the new movie is directed by a person that is a decade older than a lot of original Toy Story fans. It’s both too much and just right in a way. I loved all of the design process changes throughout…it makes the Chris Evans pick a bit hilariously on the nose as well.

It’s one of those movies that is jarring only if you just followed toy story (and didn’t pay attention because there are a LOT of callbacks and mirrors in Lightyear) but if you watched buzz light year of star command, Lightyear is somewhere in between presentation/theme wise.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Sunsy

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika My music when....

Just have the celebration party over before Candace brings her mom here, so we look like some Nintendo forum or something.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Ryu_Niiyama

Finally saw Live Action Mulan. I very much enjoyed it. Loved the casting for Mulan’s parents and the new Mulan did an admiral job. However I don’t buy that she went that long without bathing. Women have to be hygienic out of biological necessity. Other than that though I loved the movie and the color choices for the scenes. I adored the foil with Xian Lang and the moments they shared as kindred spirits. It is so interesting seeing how different women embody Mulan.

But the HAND OFF has me screaming with joy. Ming-Na Wen looked so damn proud of her successor (and gorgeous as always). And I am pretty damn sure she was the Phoenix. Welp gonna go watch the animated movie and the the Chinese live action(that Mulan went through hell…her war was 12 years long).

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Dogorilla

I went to see Elemental this morning, it was really lovely. Possibly my favourite film of the year so far, as much as I loved Spider-Verse and Barbie.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

senaionios

@Dogorilla
I loved Elemental as well. Still can't believe the critics score is so low for it.

Nintendo Gamer & Movie Enthusiast

Dogorilla

@Aioniomios Yeah I'm surprised by the mixed reviews as well. I suppose the story is quite simple but I liked that about it. And the way people talk about it I thought it was a massive box office bomb, but I checked and it's actually doing pretty well.

Funky Kong

senaionios

@Dogorilla
It had a very poor opening weekend and many Box Office analysts thought it would therefore bomb. But the movie kept holding strong in the weeks and months after, dropping very slowly. Elemental is a success because of its legs.

Nintendo Gamer & Movie Enthusiast

Dogorilla

@Aioniomios That makes sense, I guess there must have been positive word of mouth despite the mixed reviews.

Funky Kong

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic