Forums

Topic: Disney/Pixar Discussion

Posts 321 to 340 of 384

porto

@korosanbo yep, I like to pretend Toy Story 4 didn't exist either. I saw it due to loving the series and it toady ruined my love for Pixar. Terrible, terrible, terrible film.

@jump Saving Mr Banks is such a heartfelt film. One of my favs.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

BabyYoda71

I hate how everybody assumes Onward is a bad movie because of COVID-19. šŸ˜£

Iā€™m excited for Soul. Whenever it comes out, Iā€™m excited for it.

Has anyone seen The Imagineering Story? Itā€™s excellent. One of the best shows on Disney+, in my opinion.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. Itā€™s off to work (from home) I go.

jump

BabyYoshi12 wrote:

I hate how everybody assumes Onward is a bad movie because of COVID-19. šŸ˜£

Iā€™m excited for Soul. Whenever it comes out, Iā€™m excited for it.

Has anyone seen The Imagineering Story? Itā€™s excellent. One of the best shows on Disney+, in my opinion.

Yeah, I mentioned watching it on a page or two back. It's a great show, I thought it could do with some more tech/engineering talk but it's still interesting to see how they build the attractions.

One thing that did stick out was how amazing the Mystic Manor ride is in Hong Kong, if it was in the US I could see it becoming a movie franchise like how Pirates Of The Caribbean did

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Monkeido

@Apportal Why the hate for Toy Story 4? I thought it was quite enjoyable.

Monkeido

BabyYoda71

@Monkeido Many people think Toy Story was the perfect trilogy and had a perfect ending. The Toy story 4 ruined that ending when Woody left everyone else. Which I understand, but donā€™t necessarily agree with,

porto

@Monkeido not only was it unnecessary, it made all the characters unlikeable, made Buzz an idiot, had lots of cheap jokes, and the plot just went all over the place -Buzzā€™s unnecessary plot line to ā€œfind his inner selfā€ or the rest of the toys doing random crap to extend the movie-

It was a bad movie in its own, but itā€™s worse how the original trilogy managed to have a perfect ending and then this movie came along to ruin it which makes it even worse.

The only thing I liked about this movie was the animation. Everything else was garbage. I think it was worse then Cars 2 honestly.

porto

Rexenoboy

Everyone occasionally has a bad day at the office, including Pixar.
Toy Story 4 was disappointing and unnecessary. It's also one of two Pixar movies in which I didn't understand the motives of some of its characters, the other being Monsters University. I still thought it was much better than the Cars movies though. Can't stand those.

Here's my Top 3 Pixar movies:
1. Coco
2. Inside Out
3. Wall-E

Treasure Acquired

BabyYoda71

Now weā€™re talking about Cars 2. I donā€™t know why everybody dislikes that movie? Itā€™s pretty good, just... different than the rest of Pixar films. The Good Dinosaur is the worst in my opinion, with Inside Out being my favourite of them all. I donā€™t particularly like WALL-E or A bugā€™s Life either.

Edited on by BabyYoda71

porto

@BabyYoshi12 The Good Dinosaur had a bad story, but I thought it was still a cute film. Not anything deep, just cute. Inside Out is my favorite as well. Hereā€™s my top ten:

1) Inside Out
2) Monsterā€™s Inc.
3) Toy Story 2
4) Toy Story
5) The Incredibles
6) Finding Nemo
7) Incredibles 2
8) Toy Story 3
9) A Bugā€™s Life
10) Monsterā€™s University

I never cared for Wallā€¢e either, but I found A Bugā€™s Life very entertaining!

porto

Dogorilla

I thought Toy Story 4 was good. It was definitely unnecessary and I don't really like the ending or the way most of the characters barely did anything but other than that it was still a good and entertaining film. I can understand why some people might not like it, but I can't understand why anyone would dislike WALL-E! [insert Reggie 'what's wrong with you?' gif]

I would try and make a top 10 Pixar films list but there are so many good ones I don't think I could put them in any sort of order. It would probably be some combination of Toy Story 1-3, Monsters Inc, both Incredibles, WALL-E, Up, Inside Out, and Coco. Or maybe I'd swap Incredibles 1 for Finding Nemo, not sure. I haven't seen Onward yet.

Edited on by Dogorilla

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Monkeido

BabyYoshi12 wrote:

@Monkeido Many people think Toy Story was the perfect trilogy and had a perfect ending. The Toy story 4 ruined that ending when Woody left everyone else. Which I understand, but donā€™t necessarily agree with,

I can definitely understand how people would think Toy Story 3 had a great ending and really seemed to finish the series. My girlfriend also didn't really like the ending to Toy Story 4, though I was fine with it.

Apportal wrote:

@Monkeido not only was it unnecessary, it made all the characters unlikeable, made Buzz an idiot, had lots of cheap jokes, and the plot just went all over the place -Buzzā€™s unnecessary plot line to ā€œfind his inner selfā€ or the rest of the toys doing random crap to extend the movie-

It was a bad movie in its own, but itā€™s worse how the original trilogy managed to have a perfect ending and then this movie came along to ruin it which makes it even worse.

The only thing I liked about this movie was the animation. Everything else was garbage. I think it was worse then Cars 2 honestly.

In what way did it make "all the characters unlikeable"? I definitely don't agree with that. Buzz has basically been an idiot since the day he arrived, being the only toy who doesn't realise he's a toy. In Toy Story 2 I guess nothing really idiotic happens to Buzz (maybe that's why you like that one more), but in Toy Story 3 we also get Spanish Buzz.

As I said above, I can understand the sentiment about it ruining the ending to Toy Story 3. To me, the plot of Toy Story 4 didn't go all over the place though and I thought most of the new characters that were introduced were quite likeable (especially Duke Kaboom). I would imagine some people don't like how the other toys, besides the major three, barely play a part in this, which I can again understand, but it doesn't suddenly make Toy Story 4 a bad movie to me.

Edited on by Monkeido

Monkeido

Anti-Matter

@Monkeido
Unless if there will be Toy Story 5 with plot all the toys will be reunited, Andy has become adult, getting married and let his kids playing with his toys when he was a kid.

Anti-Matter

Monkeido

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Monkeido
Unless if there will be Toy Story 5 with plot all the toys will be reunited, Andy has become adult, getting married and let his kids playing with his toys when he was a kid.

I think that definitely sounds like a possible final ending and would wrap things up quite nicely!

Monkeido

jump

The trailer for the new Pixar film Luca is out, I like the Mediterranean setting and the plot hook could be interesting.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Anti-Matter

@jump
Oh, wow !
They are half fish boys ?! šŸ˜®

Anti-Matter

kkslider5552000

I haven't seen an animated Disney movie in quite a while (at least not one I've not seen before), but looking at some reviews for the new one, thank god they're out of the weird sequel obsession they were on for a while there.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

jedgamesguy

I'm very excited to see how Disney can ruin my childhood by remaking The Little Mermaid, one of the better Disney Renaissance movies.

They might as well remake something so otherworldy like... I dunno, Dumbo. Or Lady and the Tramp.

Oh wait.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Anti-Matter

@TheJGG
Dumbo 2019 by Tim Burton was pretty dark but very different than the cartoon version, more make a sense in some ways like you know, exploitation of freaky looking animal wasn't something nice and the ending of the Dumbo 2019 was pretty good, a true happiness for a different looking elephant to be free from exploitation.

Oh, btw.
No one can sing like Gaston... I mean Pat Carol for Ursula.
Wait, was there any rumour about Little Mermaid live action ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@Anti-Matter It's officially in production. Halle Bailey stars as Ariel. Awkwafina is Scuttle. Javier Bardem is Triton. Melissa McCarthy is Ursula.

It began filming in January.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Anti-Matter

@TheJGG
Wow, i found from Google image and Youtube and yes, you were right.
I found some changes that will be on the live action version.
Wonder if it makes better or worse.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic