Forums

Topic: Disney/Pixar Discussion

Posts 281 to 300 of 384

LzWinky

I'm seeing it tomorrow or Friday, but I've been hearing nothing but good things about it

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

iKhan

NintyMan wrote:

What are NL members' reviews on Zootopia? I may go see it as soon as this Friday.

It's in the same caliber as Wreck-it Ralph and Big Hero 6. 9/10

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

DefHalan

iKhan wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

What are NL members' reviews on Zootopia? I may go see it as soon as this Friday.

It's in the same caliber as Wreck-it Ralph and Big Hero 6. 9/10

Just saw it, I totally agree with you. It was fantastic. I wish there was a Disney Infinity Playset for the movie

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

jump

I watched The Boys: The Sherman Bros, it's a documentry about the only two musicians Walt put on his payroll and were responsible for the songs in Mary Poppins, Jungle Book, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang etc and it's quite a sad story. Their music making process was to argue with each other and through those conflict they were able to create the songs but it drove their relationship apart and literally couldn't stand each other anymore, the doc is made by their two sons who baically wanted to know why they weren't allow to see their cousins, Uncles and Aunts anymore. It also deals with how after Walt died and Disney itself were through a bleak period of lackluster films they were shoved out of the company they loved.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

FriedSquid

Glad others on here loved Zootopia as well. Definite 9/10 in my book, and maybe even 10/10! In my opinion probably their best movie since Wreck-It Ralph. I'm also considering getting the Infinity toys of the main two even though I don't have Infinity... But I recommend the movie to everyone if they haven't seen it.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

veeflames

Yeah, I really need to see Zootopia. Sounds like it's going to be an incredible time.
In other news, I recently watched Inside Out. Fantastic movie, although it was much different from what I expected. I've always loved the idea of little things running around in your head and regulating your mood, personality, behavior and senses. Inside Out also teaches a good lesson: never, ever, ever let anger take charge. Anger (the red guy) is a foolish jerk who basically contributed nothing relevant to Riley's personality other than... near death? To heck with him!
The film does clash with some of my values, but I still love Inside Out. Just wanted to get that out there. Now in to Zootopi, whenever I get to see it.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

jump

^Why would you use an avatar from a film you haven't seen?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

veeflames

@arronishere: It's not like I don't know who the person (?) in my avatar is. I like his expression; that's why I chose it. It also reminds me to see the film sometime soon.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

jump

Vee_Flames wrote:

It's not like I don't know who the person (?) in my avatar is. I like his expression; that's why I chose it. It also reminds me to see the film sometime soon.

Just remember there was an user on here who named themselves after the new Star Wars film with an avatar from it too only to end up not liking the film once they saw it

Nicolai wrote:

RR529

@Tasuki, that's sad to hear, but I can understand why.

I think I'm pretty much the only reason why the 360 thread hasn't been completely dead this past year (and the other threads don't seem much more active).

EDIT: Wait, why is this in the Disney thread?

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

@RR529 Because there is some sort of site hiccup I am guessing. I posted it in the disappoinment of the day thread no idea how it ended up here.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Vinny

Zootopia was great. I really liked the characters, dialogue, jokes and references. Finding Dory, from what I've read, seems to be good.
The Moana trailer looked fantastic and very original.

Dunno about Toy Story 4, the third movie was pretty much a perfect ending for the series.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

jump

I've been watching the Imagineering Story on Disney Plus which is about the creation, ethos and design of the Disney theme parks. I'm really enjoying it, at times it drinks too much of the kool aid and I would like bit more technical observations but the approach to building them is interesting where they got rid of engineers and architectures in favour of the people on worked on movies to achieve what they wanted.

Nicolai wrote:

porto

@Octane in the words of Tasuki, we have a zombie.

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Octane

@Apportal This is a general thread. Reviving this one is fine.

Octane

jump

@Apportal Snitches get... Untitled

Nicolai wrote:

porto

@Octane wait, I’m confused. What does a “general thread” mean? Anyhow I’ll just keep my mouth shut next time 😂 sorry @jump

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

jump

@Apportal It's kinda self-explanatory, a general thread is to cover multiple induvial topic threads taking up space on the board which could appear in the general thread.

Nicolai wrote:

BabyYoda71

@jump How dare you! Stitch is the best Disney character ever!

Has anyone read Serena Valentino’s Villains book series? It’s great!

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

DenDen

@BabyYoshi12 I did read it and enjoyed it!
Did you watch the stichs series?
I adore those

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic