Forums

Topic: Disney/Pixar Discussion

Posts 261 to 280 of 384

RR529

Yeah, I'll definitely agree that Fantasia is a must watch, just for the uniqueness of it all. The second one is also on Netflix so I'll be sure to watch it eventually as well.

I haven't seen the Princess & the Frog, but I do want to (I'm sure they'll add it to Netflix eventually).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RegalSin

Fantasia from the 1990's was great. But before this was ever made "Robot-carnival" did an better job and it was student artists and not just one company hogging up the glory.

I will admit "Frozen" and "Reponzil" is typical unoriginal in it's own writings but the artwork is something to look at. They have so much non-sense being made for those things but that is what they are. Cheap euro-trash that is being sold across every single nation they can translate it to. Again the artwork is nice.

"The Princess and the frog" was doomed before it started. The news had it as "If Obama gets elected the characters will be African related". What could have been an really great movie turned out to be typical cultural bias.

I mean could I just watch the movie and not really have any idea or cartoonish hints about American nationalism encoded in theater stereotypes. It is well animated but IT IS NOT FUN TO WATCH. The bigger question is "Did Disney sell this to other nations and how did sales went there". " What did reviewers from non-english nations thought about this.

To make things worst for "Frog Princess" the actual animators ripped up the pencils they had drawn. They on purposely ripped it up on camera and this came out as well. Disneys own animators bashed there own film, which is stupid.

Speaking of the stupidity of Disney. Go back in time to 1960's and 1970's and you will
find the most auwsome jaw dropping version of Aladdin from Japan. Flash forward to the 1990's and we have the most bs garbage made by Disney. Alladdin the broadway musical.
Disney made an stupid version of Alladin in my opinion that only got better with the television series, which is just a bit better then the tv version of Hercules. So much commercial and theater stereotypes being thrown about.

While Japanese Aladdin is using cultural ideas from Japanese media it is still more worthwhile then anything from Disney.

Edited on by RegalSin

Checkout GaMEr TrEcK dot com

iKhan

Just finished Inside Out. The story itself was very cliche with lots of deus ex machina, but it was filled to the brim with heart and passion.

Monsters U was probably better from a pure entertainment perspective, but it didn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Jacob717

^Really? Inside Out was very original and creative. I'd put it on my top 5 Pixar movies.
EDIT: Oops, I meant top 5

Edited on by Jacob717

Jacob717

iKhan

Jason723 wrote:

^Really? Inside Out was very original and creative. I'd put it on my top 10 Pixar movies.

I would do, but there were many super predictable moments. Particularly on Joy and Sadness's adventure, which, to be honest, was completely by the books of kid-friendly adventure movies.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

DBPirate

Just saw Inside Out yesterday and loved it! It's definitely on the better end of the spectrum for Pixar movies. (we all know what's on the bad side) I was surprised by how fleshed out the emotions were despite being...well...emotions. Hopefully Finding Dory will continue this trend next year.

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

Rocko52

Yeah I think after Toy Story 3 (their best work so far imo) Pixar has been having a bit of a hard time. Everyone hated Cars 2 (although personally I didn't think was terrible) followed by the divisive Brave & Monster's U. (also good imo but obviously not the best) Still Inside Out sounds like they pulled themselves out of the ditch. I'm excited to go see it.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

jump

Most of these live action films haven't even been made yet they keep on announcing them.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

RR529

Got around to watching Maleficent (Encore OnDemand HD) last night!

I liked it (Full impressions in the Movie Thread).

Between Wreck-It-Ralph, Saving Mr. Banks, Frozen, and this, core Disney is getting it's groove back, IMO. (Still haven't seen Big Hero 6, the new Cinderella, or Tomorrowland yet, though)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

DefHalan

RR529 wrote:

Got around to watching Maleficent (Encore OnDemand HD) last night!

I liked it (Full impressions in the Movie Thread).

Between Wreck-It-Ralph, Saving Mr. Banks, Frozen, and this, core Disney is getting it's groove back, IMO. (Still haven't seen Big Hero 6, the new Cinderella, or Tomorrowland yet, though)

Big Hero 6 - awesome
Cinderella - didn't see, heard it was ok but I still want to see
Tomorrowland - Good, nothing great but still enjoyable.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Jacob717

^Gah, beat me to it. Anyways, I'm looking forward to it. Though, I still hate how they show concept art for movies that don't come out until three years, and sometimes more.

Jacob717

RR529

So, what animated film is Disney releasing this fall?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

NintyMan wrote:

@RR529: This year is all about Pixar.

Ah, that's too bad.

It's not that Pixar's output is bad, it's just that their films don't speak to me the same way Disney's more fairy tale/action adventure films.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Watched Big Hero 6 recently.

I put my more in depth thoughts in the Movie Thread, but I will say that I thought that it's the best animated film to come out of any Disney studio in well over a decade.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

I watched a Disney shorts collection on Netflix, and it was a good time.

My favorites were Feast (the reason I watched this), Goofy: How to Set up a Home Theater, John Henry, Lorenzo, the Mickey Mouse one, and Paperman.

The other ones were Frozen Fever, Legend of Nessie, the Matchgirl, a Prep & Landing short (that hasn't been shown on TV as far as I'm aware), Tangled Ever After, and something about clocks (Tick Tock something or other).

I thought even the "worst" of the bunch was at least fun though, and with all the varying styles & different ideas, it's a must watch for any animation fan.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Socar

@NintyMan: From what my friends say, the look and feel is a bit sluggish. Don't know how the actual film is but looking at the trailer....it doesn't feel like a Pixar film but more like Dreamworks or by Disney.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

RetroRider

I want to see the Good Dinosaur just because it looks really fun to see in theaters, but that stereotype wild kid who acts like an animal... Just let that stereotype die.

RetroRider

jump

I'm off to DisneyLand Paris for a few days next month for my first time Has anyone on here been and got any tips or advice they'd like to share?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

iKhan

Wow, that looks... Awful.

Not only are they overrelying on goofy voices and speech patterns just like Finding Nemo did, it looks like they are recycling the plot too. Also the "instict" impetus sounds rather contrived.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic