Forums

Topic: Disney/Pixar Discussion

Posts 241 to 260 of 384

MegaMari0

In terms of smart business decisions Disney did well with buying Pixar, Marvel, LucasFilms. That's also what scared me. They bought all these companies, brimming with potential, ideas, creativity. No competition for Disney. They are monopolizing the entertainment industry, mostly the stuff my kid would watch but still....I find it all, rather foreboding.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

jump

MegaMari0 wrote:

In terms of smart business decisions Disney did well with buying Pixar, Marvel, LucasFilms. That's also what scared me. They bought all these companies, brimming with potential, ideas, creativity. No competition for Disney. They are monopolizing the entertainment industry, mostly the stuff my kid would watch but still....I find it all, rather foreboding.

Isn't it debatable about Lucas though? It really depends if the new Star Wars flops if they get their billions back and I wouldn't call Lucas exactly brimming with ideas and creativity. Strange Magic & Red Tails were massive flop both critically and financially despite years of development and the only other movies that came out were the recent Indy and Star Wars which come up short compared to the originals.

Artwark wrote:

I got a question. Is Disney really an evil corporation? Like my bro told me that Disney bought all the rights of fairy tales and stories so that no one else could adapt them but only Disney.

I guess I hate Disney now because of the chance of them buying Nintendo is a possibility and I hate Nintendo being owned by someone else because they would otherwise lose creative freedom.

What possibility of Disney buying Ninty?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

iKhan

MegaMari0 wrote:

Agreed. Disney is the monopoly everyone loves. Don't forget that they own ESPN and ABC as well.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

RegalSin

It is so terrible that all of Disneys counter-types are being purchased. Disney is an evil monster that needs to be stopped. Everybody knows that because of the little-guys ( us ) who do not want to work with Disney are the only competition for them nowadays.

Why do Disney needs Pixar?

Why on earth would an person purchase anything from Marvel?

LucasFilms ( along with LucasGames ) being owned by Disney is almost as worst as Marvel being owned by Disney. I do not understand at all. It is so sad that Disney can not even release anything original anymore simular to LooneyTunesWB and DCKomics being unable to release original material.

Checkout GaMEr TrEcK dot com

RegalSin

If anybody purchases Nintendo it will be SONY or NEC. Why? Because
1. It is an Japanese company
2. Because it makes parts for other manufactures.
3. It is just the typical thing for the company to do. Nintendo only has been surviving because all of the videogames released are exclusives to their hardware. SONY game systems do have some exclusives along with Microsoft but they all go into the PC-kingdom-library.

Disney have no competition because a majority of it's work is around the world itself. They have too much excess of ways of getting money as well.

Have you ever ate Disney food. From my understanding it is like some sorta drug??

Checkout GaMEr TrEcK dot com

Jacob717

iKhan wrote:

-Disney watered down Spider-man into a slapstick comedy for 8 year olds designed only to sell toys.

Marvel Animation did that, not Disney

iKhan wrote:

-Disney has damaged the lives of kids who were signed on by Disney. Read the story of why Dylan and Cole sprouse left Disney, it doesn't paint a pretty picture

Their show ended and it was time for them to move on from Disney Channell just like Hiliary Duff, Miley Cyrus, and Selena Gomez

RegalSin wrote:

It is so sad that Disney can not even release anything original anymore

-Phineas & Ferb
-Gravity Falls
-Wander Over Yonder
-Star vs. the Forces of Evil
-Wreck-it Ralph
-Frozen
-Zootopia

Edited on by Jacob717

Jacob717

Nintenbomba128

Jason723 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

-Disney watered down Spider-man into a slapstick comedy for 8 year olds designed only to sell toys.

iKhan wrote:

-Disney has damaged the lives of kids who were signed on by Disney. Read the story of why Dylan and Cole sprouse left Disney, it doesn't paint a pretty picture

Their show ended and it was time for them to move on from Disney Channell just like Hiliary Duff, Miley Cyrus, and Selena Gomez

RegalSin wrote:

-Phineas & Ferb
-Gravity Falls
-Wander Over Yonder
-Wreck-it Ralph
-Frozen
-Zootopia

Frozen isn't original

Nintenbomba128

Jacob717

Nintenbomba128 wrote:

Frozen isn't original

They just took the concept of The Snow Queen, the story is original.

Jacob717

iKhan

Jason723 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

iKhan wrote:

RegalSin wrote:

-Phineas & Ferb
-Gravity Falls
-Wander Over Yonder
-Wreck-it Ralph
-Frozen
-Zootopia

-Marvel Animation is OWNED by Disney.

-Did you even look up what I was talking about? The Sprouse twins basically asked for producership and pitched an idea to Disney. Disney laughed in their faces and pitched the same idea back to them a few days later but didn't offer them producership, that's why they left. That's pretty horrible. And you don't acknowledge my point about how many child stars they really screwed up, like Miley Cyrus or the Jonas Bros.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

jump

On the topic of Marvel animation it is a direct influence from Disney, as soon as they were bought they set up a new unit that produced the shows in house although the difference between Spectacular and Ultimate isn't really comparable as Spectacular was done created by Sony, although the focus on comedy maybe based on the "logic" where the biggest cartoons at the moment are comedy focussed so all other 'toons must follow and the ones that aren't get sabotaged which is a theory I've heard on Paul Dini's podcast.

What is shocking is the amount of talent involved in their shows since then including Paul Dini (90's Batman, Lost), Jeph Loeb (Teen Wolf, Commando), Brian Michael Bendis (major comic writer), Man of Action (Ben 10, Big Hero 6) and yet still ended up very poor.

RegalSin wrote:

If anybody purchases Nintendo it will be SONY

Sony don't have the cash to buy Ninty, aside from the games division they are struggling in all areas.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Socar

@arronishere Disney is richer than Nintendo? Plus they both have one thing in common and that's being known to make family friendly games (For the most part)

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Gamecubed

Interested in seeing how Tangled turns out. The Little Mermaid, Aladdin,Tarzan, Hercules and Timon and Pumbaa all had good spin-off cartoons. I have high hopes for it and Ducktales

Gamecubed

mystman12

iKhan wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

This article goes over more about The Good Dinosaur, as well as reveals the first teaser trailer.
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/the-good-dinosaur-teaser-trailer...

That has to be the least informative teaser trailer I have ever watched

Really? Less informative than this?

Edited on by mystman12

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

wingedarcher7

NintyMan wrote:

Teaser trailer for Zootopia:

Still can't embed videos anymore...

I'm actually really liking the way this looks! I liked the style of the original concept art more and was hoping it was be a 2D film, but it looks great like this too. The voice acting for the main character is solid and I'm really enjoying it while the writing seems clever and smooth enough as well, I'm excited for this.

Want to check out what I'm currently playing? http://www.backloggery.com/wingedarcher7

3DS Friend Code: 3411-2028-1159 | Nintendo Network ID: speedstar623

RR529

I watched Walt Disney's Fantasia for the first time today!

It was unique enough, I'll give it that. Pretty much, it's a series of animated "shorts" (each lasting from about 10 - 20 minutes), with each one's story being told through nothing but an orchestral symphony (some animations being more abstract than others). The shorts are seperated by live action shots of the orchestra & host, who explains the history of the upcoming musical piece and inspiration of the short that accompanies it. There are about 6-8 shorts in total, with an intermission in the middle (though that is cut down in the home version).

Overall I thought it was pretty decent. There are some shorts you'll love (I'm sure everyone is familiar with "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" short), and others you won't be into as much (at least that's how it was for me). They do a lot of neat animation effects that I'm sure were revolutionary for the time, and while they're still neat to see (especially if you can try looking at it as it was for the time), it probably won't impress you in any meaningful manner.

As for potentially offensive content, the dancing mushrooms in the second short are clearly based on Asian stereotypes of the time. I mean, they don't do anything outrageously offensive with it, but it is there.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

TheKingOfTown

So apparently Inside Out is back to Pixar's best

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

veeflames

TheKingOfTown wrote:

I'm sorry, but Pixar has always been pumping out excellent stuff. Up, Brave, the Toy Stories, Cars, The Incredible... Inside Out seems to be no exception.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Jacob717

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

I'm sorry, but Pixar has always been pumping out excellent stuff. Up, Brave, the Toy Stories, Cars, The Incredible... Inside Out seems to be no exception.

Cars, Cars 2, Brave and Monsters University received mixed reception. All the others were universally praised.

Jacob717

Rocko52

@RR529 Fantasia's actually one of my favorites from Disney. I think it's easily the most artistic Disney film and I love how abstract it can get especially for "mainstream" animation. It also was the project Walt arguably had the most passion for and it really shows. I think it's a beautiful work that is also a great experiment & a bold venture beyond convention. I would love to see a third Fantasia film to be honest. Just have Disney artists go crazy with music, symbolic, abstract, and surreal imagery galore. That would truly be a feast.

I also think it's a shame how both "Rapunzel" and "The Ice Queen" (original titles for Tangled & Frozen before being "gender-neutralized" so they wouldn't seem as "girly" lol) were both planned to be hand-drawn but that was scrapped thank to Princess & the Frog not doing as well as hoped. I'm really love how they came out but it's really sad that no Disney flick in the next four year line-up is going to be traditionally animated. A real shame because PatF was brilliant I rewatched it today...what I'd give for another.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic