Forums

Topic: Disney/Pixar Discussion

Posts 221 to 240 of 384

iKhan

Still super underwhelmed for Inside Out. The new trailer just strengthened my expectations that this movie will be one of Pixar's more kiddie films. A lot of goofy voices and slapstick gags, a generic adventure plot reminiscent of Sharkboy and Lavagirl, all the makings of something I don't really want. I really hope Peter Sohn has been taking notes from Brad Bird over the past 15 years, because Good Dinosaur is my big animation hope this year.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

MsJubilee

I just found out there's a live action Dumbo movie coming out.Do they just want to ruin my childhood?And Tim Burton is directing it as well,oh it's going to be worse then the live action Alice in wonderland movie he directed!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Gamecubed

TwilightAngel wrote:

oh it's going to be worse then the live action Alice in wonderland movie he directed!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't like that movie. I went to see it with a group of people when it came out and I felt like I was the only one who didn't have a positive thing to say about it.

Gamecubed

Gamecubed

NintyMan wrote:

Disney announced Frozen 2. The sequel will have the same directors as before, Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee.
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/disney-announces-frozen-2-1...

This will certainly be in theaters as Disney doesn't make direct-to-video sequels anymore.

Now where's Wreck-It Ralph 2?!

Can't say this is a surprise. Idina Menzel hinted at it last year but later retracted her comments (they probably told her to be quiet lol). It's their billion-dollar baby, they'd be crazy not to. Bring back Lopez and Anderson-Lopez too and they have a winner.

I completely agree that Wreck-It Ralph needs a sequel, and I think we will see it someday. I think the fact that they're doing Frozen 2 shows that Walt Disney Animation Studios is open to doing sequels in-house again (last one they did was Rescuers Down Under, all the direct to video sequels were handled by DisneyToon Studios or whatever).
I remember reading about how Tangled 2 was once being openly discussed, but they decided against it and did the short film instead. So I think as long as it's profitable and it makes sense, they'll do it. Wreck-It Ralph and Frozen were both left open for expansion, whereas Tangled wasn't (her hair was gone, after all).

Do you guys think they'll turn Frozen into a franchise (as if they haven't already)?

Gamecubed

Whopper744

TwilightAngel wrote:

I just found out there's a live action Dumbo movie coming out.Do they just want to ruin my childhood?And Tim Burton is directing it as well,oh it's going to be worse then the live action Alice in wonderland movie he directed!

Tim Burton is working on a live Dumbo?? I'm not really liking the thought of that. I'm afraid he'll try to make it more dark and weird than it was ever meant to me.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

jump

Whopper744 wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

Tim Burton is working on a live Dumbo?? I'm not really liking the thought of that. I'm afraid he'll try to make it more dark and weird than it was ever meant to me.

I'm more bothered about him casting either Johnny Depp or Helena Bonham Carter as Dumbo.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Kai_

arronishere wrote:

I'm more bothered about him casting either Johnny Depp or Helena Bonham Carter as Dumbo.

Lol.

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

iKhan

Gamecubed wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Disney announced Frozen 2. The sequel will have the same directors as before, Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee.

This will certainly be in theaters as Disney doesn't make direct-to-video sequels anymore.

Can't say this is a surprise. Idina Menzel hinted at it last year but later retracted her comments (they probably told her to be quiet lol). It's their billion-dollar baby, they'd be crazy not to. Bring back Lopez and Anderson-Lopez too and they have a winner.

I completely agree that Wreck-It Ralph needs a sequel, and I think we will see it someday. I think the fact that they're doing Frozen 2 shows that Walt Disney Animation Studios is open to doing sequels in-house again (last one they did was Rescuers Down Under, all the direct to video sequels were handled by DisneyToon Studios or whatever).
I remember reading about how Tangled 2 was once being openly discussed, but they decided against it and did the short film instead. So I think as long as it's profitable and it makes sense, they'll do it. Wreck-It Ralph and Frozen were both left open for expansion, whereas Tangled wasn't (her hair was gone, after all).

Do you guys think they'll turn Frozen into a franchise (as if they haven't already)?

Wreck-it Ralph has so much franchise potential it's baffling that Disney has done so little with it. They could grow it into a Toy Story-esque movie universe with a complimentary video game universe.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Rocko52

Well...Pixar's future is starting to look more and more disappointing with each new movie/announcement. Really quite sad.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

Ralizah

Pixar has been disappointing for years now. Disney was on a roll, but Frozen 2 sounds awful. The movie did not need a sequel.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

ZurrrrBlattTron

Surprised that no one brought up a Big Hero 6 sequel, I know it's still really early but hell if Frozen 2 and Finding Dory are in the works, then I want me some Big Hero 7

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

MegaMari0

iKhan wrote:

Gamecubed wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Wreck-it Ralph has so much franchise potential it's baffling that Disney has done so little with it. They could grow it into a Toy Story-esque movie universe with a complimentary video game universe.

Too many licensing hoops to go through with those video game characters.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

iKhan

NintyMan wrote:

Hopefully they'll consider live-action adaptions of Aladdin and The Little Mermaid. They already have Broadway shows!

I'd rather see a new retelling of Aladdin. Honestly, Lion King is closer to Hamlet than Disney's Aladdin is to the original Arabian Nights tale.

That's not to say it's bad, it ranks among my favorite animated movies of all time, but they might as well have called Aladdin "Man who finds a Genie"

Ryu_Niiyama

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Disney is making a live-action Mulan.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-developing-live-...

My friends were talking about how they are afraid they will cast non-asians in this movie when this movie obviously takes place in china.

I think they will not cast solely Chinese-Americans...but they will grab some Asian-Amercians of all backgrounds (because directors still think we can't tell the difference)...I hope. Speaking of which the recent Mulan live action movie was pretty awesome. I think it came out in 2012?

I would like to see them redo Pocahontas just to see if they actually grab Native-American actors.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Socar

I got a question. Is Disney really an evil corporation? Like my bro told me that Disney bought all the rights of fairy tales and stories so that no one else could adapt them but only Disney.

I guess I hate Disney now because of the chance of them buying Nintendo is a possibility and I hate Nintendo being owned by someone else because they would otherwise lose creative freedom.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

iKhan

Corporations aren't good or evil. They only do what makes money. Now, some companies, like Disney and Nintendo, are industry veterans that understand how to keep sight of long term profits. So they can seem "less evil" on the surface.

But let's look a little deeper:
-Disney watered down Spider-man into a slapstick comedy for 8 year olds designed only to sell toys.
-Disney has damaged the lives of kids who were signed on by Disney. Read the story of why Dylan and Cole sprouse left Disney, it doesn't paint a pretty picture
-Disney has been a major force in lobbying for expansion of copyright, to the point that it goes beyond the life of the creator. This defeats the original purpose of copyright

So yes, Disney is just as money greedy as every corporation.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic