Forums

Topic: Disney/Pixar Discussion

Posts 201 to 220 of 384

RR529

Just finished watching Saving Mr. Banks on demand.

I've never seen Mary Poppins before, but now I really want to watch it. This was quite a fascinating movie about how Disney convinced the author to adapt the book into a film, and it's probably the best movie I've seen so far this year.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

Sergio151 wrote:

Am I the only one that thinks the next Toy Story movie should be about where the toys go to Japan?

That doesn't seem like the natural progression for Toy Story at all. The themes of those movies always seem to hit close to home, and are about making big adventures out of something small.

I can't think of a really natural reason as to why the toys would get shipped off to Japan somehow. Unless maybe the little girl's family moved to Japan due to business reasons, and being accidentally left behind, the toys would have to find their own way there. That could work I guess (though being that it would be about their journey to the country, they probably wouldn't spend much time in Japan itself, since that would be the end destination, which I don't think is what you're wanting).

That said, a spin-off about a different group of toys (like Planes is to Cars) in Japan could work.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

iKhan

Is anyone else nervous about Inside Out?

To me, this looks like a return to some of Pixar's more "Kiddy" movies, like Finding Nemo. What I mean by that is that a lot of the jokes and gags aren't that impressive alone, but are presented in a goofy tone of voice to get the kids to laugh.

Honestly, the Pixar movies I most enjoy like the Incredibles, Ratatouille, and Monsters U don't really try that.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Jacob717

Personally I'm not really excited with most of the upcoming Pixar films. The Inside Out, from what I've seen seems very cliched in that people inside control the person, which has been done in many cartoons.

They fired the director of The Good Dinosaur and replaced him with another director, so I'm afraid that movie will suffer through being unfocused like Brave was, but I would like to be proven wrong, because I like this concept.

Finding Nemo is my favorite Pixar film, but it doesn't need a sequel. Toy Story 3 doesn't need a sequel either, the third movie ended on a perfect note. The shorts and TV specials are fine, but the third movie ended things perfectly so I would hate to see it ruined.

I have a feeling Pixar may cancel Day of the Dead, because of The Book of Life, similar to how they cancelled Newt, because of Rio.

The Incredibbles 2 is one Pixar film I'm really excited for however.

And lastly, Cars 3. Unpopular opinion, but I think Cars 2 was better than the first. That being said, both film are really dull and it just seems like this is made to sell toys, not to make a good movie. Have DisneyToon Studios make Cars 3, and have Pixar make films people want to see.

Edited on by Jacob717

Jacob717

iKhan

NintyMan wrote:

The only thing I might be concerned about Inside Out is the story being too complex.

Think about it; personified emotions are characters, and everyone has emotions. Everyone's going to have their own set of characters controlling them, and they all don't act alike. Riley's emotions act like what they are called, while her parents don't.

Sure, but you don't have to be a caricature to represent an emotion. The Incredibles did this very well. Every character felt real, but distinct.

I never felt that way about Finding Nemo. Every character seemed like they were trying to be as goofy and off the wall as possible with no attempt to ground them. Inside Out looks like it's set to be the same way.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

DBPirate

I've only seen one trailer for Inside Out but from what I've seen, it looks decent. Now the Good Dinosaur I haven't seen anything of.

Anyways, does anyone else think Disney/Pixar should just cancel Cars 3 and get on with Incredibles 2?

Edited on by DBPirate

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

iKhan

NintyMan wrote:

Not that I'm not looking forward to it, but I need to be more convinced about The Good Dinosaur. It just sounds like a dinosaur/human boy buddy movie right now.

I'm surprised Pixar hasn't cancelled their Day of the Dead movie.

I'm actually more excited about Good Dinosaur. Peter Sohn has worked closely with Brad Bird over the years, so I think it has a really good chance to be good.

Jacob717

Sergio151 wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

A new series of DuckTales is coming in 2017.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/25/new-ducktales-animated...

Sheesh, why do animated shows always have to air on Disney XD instead of Disney Channel? Is it so execs could put more terrible teen pop sitcoms on Disney Channel than animated shows?

Yes. Now what they should do is move all the crappy sitcoms on Disney XD and move them to Disney Channel, and call Disney XD, Toon Disney.

Jacob717

kkslider5552000

Sergio151 wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

A new series of DuckTales is coming in 2017.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/25/new-ducktales-animated...

Sheesh, why do animated shows always have to air on Disney XD instead of Disney Channel? Is it so execs could put more terrible teen pop sitcoms on Disney Channel than animated shows?

I assume because tv is a dying medium, so let's have the secondary channel also succeed while we still can.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TwilightV

Sergio151 is right. Disney is doing that to separate it's Male and Female demographics. It's stupid, but nothing can be done about it. : /

Anyways, NintyMan, given Disney's track record for quality animated series in recent years, I think we can trust them to make this entertaining.

TwilightV

Jacob717

NintyMan wrote:

@TwilightV: They better, because if this can be done right, it would be the greatest thing to happen to Disney television in years, personally. I think it's a massive shame that today's kids haven't experienced good, traditional cartoons like what we older fans enjoyed.

Kids today have/had, Gravity Falls, Wander Over Yonder, The Legend of Korra, Regular Show, Young Justice. The Amazing World of Gumball, and Steven Universe

Edited on by Jacob717

Jacob717

TwilightV

@Sergio151 I don't see any similarity between those two shows. Plotwise, Steven has funny moments, but is usually a lot darker and more serious than most other shows. Star seems more lighthearted and comedy focused even though it has a coherent, ongoing plot. At the moment it seems more akin to some of Disney's earlier series, like Dave The Barbarian and The Emperor's New School. But that's just based off the pilot.

TwilightV

Gamecubed

I'm part of the "Toy Story 4 seems unnecessary" camp. I think 3 wrapped it up so perfectly, so there's no need to go back. The shorts are fine, but a full film? I don't know. But I won't pass total judgement until I see something. All we known right now is that it's a "love story" of sorts and it won't be connected to the story of the first three films.

What do you guys think of Disney doing those live-action adaptations of their classic animated films? Cinderella is obviously coming out this week, and Maleficent came out last year. Beauty and the Beast has been announced (with Emma Watson as Belle). So what are your opinions on this new trend?

Gamecubed

DBPirate

NintyMan wrote:

I have a feeling Beauty and the Beast will be very good.

It has Emma Watson in it so I'm not too worried.

I think Aladdin would have to use a lot of CGI but I'd hope they would do it because it's one of my favorite animated Disney films alongside Hercules. Does anyone else even like Hercules?

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

DefHalan

Dipper723 wrote:

http://ellentube.com/videos/0-xfkghuov/

I'm glad they made this trailer. The film looks more interesting to me now.

That trailer is so much better than the first.

DBPirate wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

I think Aladdin would have to use a lot of CGI but I'd hope they would do it because it's one of my favorite animated Disney films alongside Hercules. Does anyone else even like Hercules?

I give Disney's Hercules two thumbs way up. I love that movie.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Gamecubed

DBPirate wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

I also feel like Beauty and the Beast will be really good (Emma Watson as Belle is perfect casting, IMO). I'd probably go and see it in theatres.
And Hercules is a really good movie. Probably one of the more underrated Renaissance films. That'd be a cool one to see in live-action. Mulan would be neat too.... I can honestly say I would go and see that.

Is anyone here planning to go and see Cinderella? My sister and I were talking about it since we both have the weekend off and we haven't "bonded" in a long time.

Gamecubed

shingi_70

Tim Burton is directing live action Dumbo. I don't mind these live action remakes as long as DIsney goes with new stuff in animation.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

RR529

Yeah, I love the idea of them redoing their classic animated features in live action (still need to see Maleficent).

shingi_70 wrote:

Tim Burton is directing live action Dumbo. I don't mind these live action remakes as long as DIsney goes with new stuff in animation.

However, my interest in this one just disappeared. I swear, Tim Burton's stuff just doesn't click with me. Granted, I haven't seen any of his stop motion stuff, but I haven't cared for any of his live action stuff (his Batman movies, Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, Sweeny Todd, or Alice in Wonderland).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Ralizah

Toy Story 4: No! The third film was a perfect place to end. It was emotional and brought the franchise full circle. Nothing else should be said.

Tim Burton directing live action Dumbo: ...no.

New Ducktales: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't mess this up!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic