Topic: Disney/Pixar Discussion

Posts 121 to 140 of 384

Pazzo-TheFool

Nice shirts! I may pick one up...

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

camerica1618

Wow I had no idea there were so many Christians on here. I'm a strong-believing Christian too by the way.

I loved Frozen...like a lot. ALOT. I watched it for the first time in forever on Thursday and I've seen it another three times since then. I just bought it today and I plan on watching it plenty times more.

As for the people that think that the movie promotes homosexuality and bestiality, they must not seen the movie, Either that or they weren't paying attention while they were watching. For someone to think that Kristoff and Sven the reindeer had THAT kind of relationship is completely ridiculous, especially considering that Kristoff loves Anna. There are two female characters that actually have noticeable roles in this movie....Anna and Elsa. Anna is obviously straight considering her love-craziness. Elsa showed no sign of homosexuality either. "Let it Go" has nothing to do with homosexuality. Sure it doesn't have lyrics that you should really apply to yourself in life, but it for sure doesn't have anything to do with homosexuality.

Ugh...I kinda wish I never heard that people were accusing Elsa of being gay.:/ Even though I know she's not it kinda hurts my thoughts of her as a character for me.

Ok so do any of you have a favorite character from Frozen? Mine is definitely Anna. I just find her so adorable:P

camerica1618

MrWalkieTalkie

Not sure if any of you have heard, but Disney has just purchased Maker Studios. With this, Disney now owns tons and tons of gaming channels on YouTube. Pewdiepie, Yogscast, TotalBiscuit, Game Grumps, etc, all of these are now owned by Disney!

Didn't expect this to hapen. But it looks like Disney has taken yet another step further into complete world domination as they slowly buy every company!

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Mickey

camerica1618 wrote:

Elsa showed no sign of homosexuality either.

Nor does she show any signs of heterosexuality, which is where most people apparently get the idea (that, and because 'Let It Go', as we've covered in this thread in the past, can easily be a "coming-out anthem").

Also, I'm just gonna say it right here: I am a Christian as well. But, like Disney, I've set a "no discrimination" policy for myself. I don't want to start any arguments, so: If you have strong opinions against the LGBT community and/or you feel obligated by your religion to be against them, please do not click on the spoiler thing. Thank you.

Now, I haven't seen anyone "accuse" Elsa of being homosexual (I've only seen people talk like that about 'Let It Go') but if it actually turns out to be true, I suggest we all accept her for who she is. She was, in fact, born that way and telling her to hide who she is will--as we've seen in the past--only make things worse for her and us. Just keep that in mind.

@MrWalkieTalkie Yeah, I heard about that... I don't really know how to react since this is probably only gonna amount to Disney getting a little bit of the ad revenue of their videos...

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

camerica1618

@MickeyTheGreat

The Bible clearly states that homosexuality is sinful. Therefore, being the Bible-believing Christian that I am, I am highly against homosexuality. I've seen plenty of arguments from people that think that Frozen promotes it. Honestly, it just seems like they reaching for a reason. And you know what's even worse? If Disney really IS secretly promoting homosexuality, they'd also be promoting incest. Why you might ask? After Elsa injures Anna in the beginning of the movie she stays in isolation for the rest of her childhood. It's not until coronation day that she's actually exposed to other people. Therefore, the only girls she ever had a real relationship with was her mother and Anna. If you'd like me to point out more things to prove that Frozen is NOT a promotion for homosexuality, I'd be happy to help.

camerica1618

MrWalkieTalkie

I don't like where this thread is going. A person's sexuality is their business and no one should care, speculate, or judge.

Now can we please get back to focusing on Disney ?

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

RR529

@DestinyMan, from what I understand, Disney is taking extreme liberties with Big Hero 6, so you shouldn't have to be too familiar with the source material to enjoy it.

Amongst the changes:

• Instead of taking place in Tokyo (which the original comic did), the movie will take place in the fictional city of "San Fransokyo" (a melding of Tokyo & San Francisco).
  • The heroes themselves were all Japanese in the comic, while the movie will diversify the racial makeup of the cast.
  • Heck, they're even changing the first name of the main character (though his last name will remain the same).

With those types of changes, I'm sure the story will be altered as well.

EDIT: Also, I'm not saying these changes are bad, I'm just pointing out that it will have differences.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Pazzo-TheFool

Yeah, when I mentioned the whole Frozen-thing, I did not mean to get everyone into a discussion like this, I simply was pointing out how some people will stretch for anything.

Back to Disney: If you could have Disney do one Fairy Tale for a movie, what would it be?

My choice: Godfather Death.

It would need some changes, but it would be pretty cool to see what they do with it. XD Then again, I'm one of those Addams Family fans.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

camerica1618

@MrWalkieTalkie

Ok. I'm fine with being done. Sorry for carrying in for this too long. I tend to do that a lot when it comes to this kinda stuff. However, I would like to say real quick. In no way did I mean to sound like I was judging. I'm just as sinful as every other person on the planet and I have no right to judge. Please forgive me for coming off the wrong way.

camerica1618

LyIa

Have you guys seen Tyson Murphy's edited stills? They're amazing!
Untitled
Can't wait for more from this guy.

Edited on by LyIa

all men are kings 👑

Gamecubed

Mask0Gears wrote:

If you could have Disney do one Fairy Tale for a movie, what would it be?

For the longest time I wanted the Snow Queen to be done, and we finally got it.
I'd be interested in seeing Tom Thumb, Rumplestilskin, Princess and the Pea and the Pied Piper (of course, this is a darker story since the Piper presumably leads all those children to their death, but hey, the Little Mermaid was not originally a happy tale either). And maybe it's too modern, but the Paper Bag Princess would also be an interest one to see.

What do you guys think of the way Disney animation is going? From 2D to 3D models. Do you like this change or do you want to see a return to the classic 2D style every now and again?
I personally like the 2D animation better.

Gamecubed

RR529

^Yeah, I'll personally always prefer 2D style animation over 3D style CGI (it seems to have a sort of magic feeling about it that CGI has failed to ignite for me).

That's not to say I dislike CGI cartoon films, they just seem to be missing something, though I'm just not quite sure what that is. By far the best CGI cartoon film I've seen has been The Adventures of Tintin. I've never seen so much care go into a CGI cartoon before. (I know that one isn't Disney or Pixar, but honestly, I can't think of any of their CGI films that comes close, except maybe Disney's A Christmas Carroll, which utilizes the same technology).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

camerica1618

I'm one of the few people that's actually 100% welcome with the change to 3D animation. I absolutely love the old 2D ones, but I think that Disney and Pixar have showed us that they can still carry on the amazingness that was present in the old films IMO. And since I didn't particularly enjoy Princess and the Frog much at all, I don't know how I'd really feel if they tried the hand-drawn style again.

Btw I've been watching some old 1930's black and white Mickey Mouse and Silly Symphony shorts and I've been loving them. Some of them are great. Walt really knew what he was doing back then. I'm glad that Disney still has great minds that make great movies.

camerica1618

camerica1618

/bump

So what did you all think of the trailer for Big Hero 6?

camerica1618

Rocko52

I thought it was pretty cute and funny looking. It'd be nice if they go for something Incredibles-esque, maybe a bit lighter. I get the feeling this is going to be a rather light-hearted Disney Movie, which I'm all for. Ever since Princess and the Frog, Disney Animation Studio's has just been on a constant high, I hope they keep it up. What I love about their recent movies is how they'e going back to feeling "timeless" whereas a lot of the crap that passed for Disney in the 00's was trying to be modern and it just didn't work. That said, I'm really excited for this movie, I hope it doesn't disappoint. (Hard to judge based only on this short teaser)

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

Gamecubed

I liked what I saw. It seems cute enough. I might take my little cousin to see it when it comes out. I feel like Disney animation has come back into an upswing,

Do you guys think there is another Disney Renaissance on the horizon? Or are we into another one already?

Edited on by Gamecubed

Gamecubed

kkslider5552000

RR529 wrote:

• Instead of taking place in Tokyo (which the original comic did), the movie will take place in the fictional city of "San Fransokyo" (a melding of Tokyo & San Francisco).

I wish more forced Americanization in things like this was self-aware and awesomely insane like this.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

Really auprised big hero six is a CG film and not some MCU movie obviously aimed at kids.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic