General Discussion Forum

Topic: Disney/Pixar Discussion

Showing 121 to 140 of 177

AuthorMessage

Mickey

121. Posted:

The beastiality thing is baseless, but Let It Go? That's not too outlandish. I mean, it's Elsa realizing that her ice powers are beautiful in their own way, she's free from the superstition of the ice-fearing Kingdom, and she can finally be herself.

I'm sure there'll be people who'll put it more eloquently than I did, but that's the basic idea. :| I believe it, and I only love the film more because of it.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

I am the cleverest, most talented writer that ever friggin' lived.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

Mask0Gears

122. Posted:

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

The beastiality thing is baseless, but Let It Go? That's not too outlandish. I mean, it's Elsa realizing that her ice powers are beautiful in their own way, she's free from the superstition of the ice-fearing Kingdom, and she can finally be herself.

I'm sure there'll be people who'll put it more eloquently than I did, but that's the basic idea. :| I believe it, and I only love the film more because of it.

I know, ridiculous.

I always thought "Let it Go" was Elsa going to the exact opposite of the spectrum, a little too far, if you know what I mean. In the end, she was unbalanced at the beginning and at "Let it Go", wouldn't you think Mickey?

-The Official Wearer of Masks for NL-
My MK Bio, made by Dark-Luigi!
-Currently Reading: Tintin
The Maskloggery
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2637-7069 NNID: Mask0Gears

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

123. Posted:

I read a YouTube comment that (jokingly) said the song is about farts. To be honest, that is possible with those lyrics. XD

Bottom line is, it's one of those situations that can have multiple interpretations.

But bestiality? If anything it was more of a poke at bachelors who don't have a woman in their lives. That was my take anyway. That preacher might as well go after Sonic '06 then. ;)

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Mickey

124. Posted:

@Mask0Gears In the context of the film? Yes. Emphatically yes. But on its own, it's a wonderful (catchy too! :D) song about loving who you are. :)

The Mousekeloggery

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

125. Posted:

I could see the contention of let it go being a song for homosexuality acceptance. Haven't seen the film so not sure about the beaastilit stuff.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

126. Posted:

Well I heard about the Incredibles getting a sequel earlier this week, which I can't wait for. Didn't know that they were working on a Cars 3 which after seeing Cars 2 I am not that excited for. Speaking of Pixar sequels whatever happen to that Finding Nemo sequel? I thought it was suppose to be out by now?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

127. Posted:

Plot spoilers about Frozen are coming up.

I found Frozen to be a fantastic film and yet another winner for Disney. There was once a time when I was afraid that Disney's quality of 3D films was flawed, but Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, and now Frozen have completely convinced me. In Frozen, I was very pleased to see that Disney got what love really is; caring for those other than yourself and not the romantic love. I had a slight suspicion that Hans was the villain because he seemed too much like the Mr. Nice Guy type at first. Olaf is also a good, humorous sidekick. The allegations of homosexuality are just ridiculous, and I'm a very firm Christian. I hope to get the DVD at some point.

I don't follow Disney news nearly as much as Nintendo, but the upcoming films sound interesting, such as Big Hero 6 and Zootopia for Disney and Inside Out and the Dia de Los Muertos film for Pixar.

Edited on by DestinyMan

Takamaru for SSB 3DS and Wii U!
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

128. Posted:

@Ralizah I honestly did not see the bait and switch plot twist coming either. The whole time I thought they gave away the obvious villain at the beginning. Well played on Disney's part.

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

129. Posted:

Finding Dory is going to be 2016.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

130. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

I found Frozen to be a fantastic film and yet another winner for Disney. There was once a time when I was afraid that Disney's quality of 3D films was flawed, but Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, and now Frozen have completely convinced me. In Frozen, I was very pleased to see that Disney got what love really is; caring for those other than yourself and not the romantic love. I had a slight suspicion that Has was the villain because he seemed too much like the Mr. Nice Guy type at first. Olaf is also a good, humorous sidekick. The allegations of homosexuality are just ridiculous, and I'm a very firm Christian. I hope to get the DVD at some point.

I don't follow Disney news nearly as much as Nintendo, but the upcoming films sound interesting, such as Big Hero 6 and Zootopia for Disney and Inside Out and the Dia de Los Muertos film for Pixar.

Elsa's ice powers that shut her from her family and everyone else could be seen as a proxy for homosexuality.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

131. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

I found Frozen to be a fantastic film and yet another winner for Disney. There was once a time when I was afraid that Disney's quality of 3D films was flawed, but Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, and now Frozen have completely convinced me. In Frozen, I was very pleased to see that Disney got what love really is; caring for those other than yourself and not the romantic love. I had a slight suspicion that Has was the villain because he seemed too much like the Mr. Nice Guy type at first. Olaf is also a good, humorous sidekick. The allegations of homosexuality are just ridiculous, and I'm a very firm Christian. I hope to get the DVD at some point.

Elsa's ice powers that shut her from her family and everyone else could be seen as a proxy for homosexuality.

Key word being could. I don't see why so many people automatically point to something being homosexual. It could just as easily be another sort of deviation from the norm like a mental illness or not agreeing with culture customs. But again like I said before it's a matter of different perspectives.

AuthorMessage

Mask0Gears

132. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

I read a YouTube comment that (jokingly) said the song is about farts. To be honest, that is possible with those lyrics. XD

Bottom line is, it's one of those situations that can have multiple interpretations.

But bestiality? If anything it was more of a poke at bachelors who don't have a woman in their lives. That was my take anyway. That preacher might as well go after Sonic '06 then. ;)

We already know that Sonic 06' is the devil, no need to talk about it. XD

The Maskloggery

AuthorMessage

Mask0Gears

133. Posted:

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

@Mask0Gears In the context of the film? Yes. Emphatically yes. But on its own, it's a wonderful (catchy too! :D) song about loving who you are. :)

I agree!

The Maskloggery

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

134. Posted:

Kinda reminds me of about the people who complain about the video games...lol. People are going to find SOMETHING (even stupid reasons) to bash the movie/game about.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

135. Posted:

Unqilo has some awesome Disney/Pixar collab shirts out.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/men/ut-uniqlo-t-shirts/pixar.html
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/men/ut-uniqlo-t-shirts/disney-projec...

Looking at grabbing these
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Mask0Gears

136. Posted:

Nice shirts! I may pick one up...

The Maskloggery

AuthorMessage

camerica1618

137. Posted:

Wow I had no idea there were so many Christians on here.:) I'm a strong-believing Christian too by the way.:)

I loved Frozen...like a lot. ALOT. I watched it for the first time in forever on Thursday and I've seen it another three times since then. I just bought it today and I plan on watching it plenty times more.

As for the people that think that the movie promotes homosexuality and bestiality, they must not seen the movie, Either that or they weren't paying attention while they were watching. For someone to think that Kristoff and Sven the reindeer had THAT kind of relationship is completely ridiculous, especially considering that Kristoff loves Anna. There are two female characters that actually have noticeable roles in this movie....Anna and Elsa. Anna is obviously straight considering her love-craziness. Elsa showed no sign of homosexuality either. "Let it Go" has nothing to do with homosexuality. Sure it doesn't have lyrics that you should really apply to yourself in life, but it for sure doesn't have anything to do with homosexuality.

Ugh...I kinda wish I never heard that people were accusing Elsa of being gay.:/ Even though I know she's not it kinda hurts my thoughts of her as a character for me.:(

Ok so do any of you have a favorite character from Frozen? Mine is definitely Anna. I just find her so adorable:P

camerica1618

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

138. Posted:

Not sure if any of you have heard, but Disney has just purchased Maker Studios. With this, Disney now owns tons and tons of gaming channels on YouTube. Pewdiepie, Yogscast, TotalBiscuit, Game Grumps, etc, all of these are now owned by Disney!

Didn't expect this to hapen. But it looks like Disney has taken yet another step further into complete world domination as they slowly buy every company!

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

Mickey

139. Posted:

camerica1618 wrote:

Elsa showed no sign of homosexuality either.

Nor does she show any signs of heterosexuality, which is where most people apparently get the idea (that, and because 'Let It Go', as we've covered in this thread in the past, can easily be a "coming-out anthem").

Also, I'm just gonna say it right here: I am a Christian as well. But, like Disney, I've set a "no discrimination" policy for myself. I don't want to start any arguments, so: If you have strong opinions against the LGBT community and/or you feel obligated by your religion to be against them, please do not click on the spoiler thing. Thank you. :)

Now, I haven't seen anyone "accuse" Elsa of being homosexual (I've only seen people talk like that about 'Let It Go') but if it actually turns out to be true, I suggest we all accept her for who she is. She was, in fact, born that way and telling her to hide who she is will--as we've seen in the past--only make things worse for her and us. ;) Just keep that in mind.

@MrWalkieTalkie Yeah, I heard about that... I don't really know how to react since this is probably only gonna amount to Disney getting a little bit of the ad revenue of their videos...

The Mousekeloggery

AuthorMessage

camerica1618

140. Posted:

@MickeyTheGreat

The Bible clearly states that homosexuality is sinful. Therefore, being the Bible-believing Christian that I am, I am highly against homosexuality. I've seen plenty of arguments from people that think that Frozen promotes it. Honestly, it just seems like they reaching for a reason. And you know what's even worse? If Disney really IS secretly promoting homosexuality, they'd also be promoting incest. Why you might ask? After Elsa injures Anna in the beginning of the movie she stays in isolation for the rest of her childhood. It's not until coronation day that she's actually exposed to other people. Therefore, the only girls she ever had a real relationship with was her mother and Anna. If you'd like me to point out more things to prove that Frozen is NOT a promotion for homosexuality, I'd be happy to help. ;)

camerica1618