General Discussion Forum

Topic: Disney/Pixar Discussion

Showing 101 to 120 of 203

AuthorMessage

Mickey

101. Posted:

@Jazzer94 Don't get me wrong, I loved Finding Nemo and want to see this new one when it comes out, but Pixar really needs to get its priorities straight! >.<

Obligatory Disclaimer: But, as some will inevitably remind me, this is just my opinion. I know the kiddies love their Cars and Lightning McQueens, and they'll love Cars 3. And if you're an Adult and Cars is your cup of tea, more power to you. :)

Man, am I glad you came along, @Jazzer94! XD It was getting lonely out here in the Disney/Pixar Discussion thread. ^^;

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

102. Posted:

Cars is terrible tier. Looking forward to big Hero six.

Disney is going to have the box office at launch between Pixar, The frozen Follow up, Star Wars, and marvel.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

103. Posted:

Didn't Pixar announce some other move? Can't remember what it was supposed to be called....whatever happened to that one? It was supposed to be something like...inside the mind of a girl, and her emotions and all that.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Mickey

104. Posted:

@Mizore That's "Inside Out" you're thinking of. ;) I personally don't know what to make of it, but it is Pixar and it doesn't look like something that was blatantly made for toys, so it can't be too bad.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

105. Posted:

Yeah that's the name, anyways as long as they keep making new movies, then I'm good. (fine with sequels too)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

106. Posted:

@MickeyTheGreat Yeah Cars made me lose faith in Pixar luckily Ratatouille restored it then Cars 2 destroyed it again then Monsters University restored it again been a bit up and down for me recently.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

107. Posted:

The Incredibles is the most sequel-friendly Pixar film besides Toy Story, personally. I look forward to seeing how it's going to go about. A Pixar film has never disappointed me, not even Cars 1 and 2.

As long as Pixar still makes original films along with these sequels, I'm fine with it. Right now they have it evened out, with Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, and the Day of the Dead film being the originals and Finding Dory, The Incredibles 2, and Cars 3 being the sequels.

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

108. Posted:

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

109. Posted:

This is pretty funny, since my dad & myself just watched the Incredibles for the first time since it was new yesterday, he mentioned that he wondered why they never made a sequel, and then I see this, lol.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

110. Posted:

I've been waiting on a sequel for so long. The Incredibles is high up on my list of favorite Pixar movies, if not movies ever. Hopefully it will retain the humor that made the original so great alongside a good plot (not just random evil guy shows up for no real reason).

Just Someloggery
Current Projects: Beloved Titan
On the Back Burner: The Machine, Ascending Entity, Antumbra, Between Two Causes, Heaven's Point, Binary, A Pixel and a Dot, Base O-70, A Wakeful Purgatory
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage

SuperMalleo

111. Posted:

The Incredibles is indeed one of my favorite Pixar films, too. It's like a Fantastic Four movie, only that is good.

Plumber extraordinaire at your service.
配管工の非凡なあなたのサービスで。
YouTube Channel | Miiverse | deviantART | Hatena | The Malleogerry (Still needs some updating)

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8065-2098 | Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

112. Posted:

Cars 3
Untitled
and Incredibles 2
Untitled

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

Gamecubed

113. Posted:

The Incredibles is probably the only Pixar movie other than Toy Story that is sequel worthy. I haven't seen Cars 2, but I remember when I heard about it, I thought it was completely unnecessary... and now they're doing Cars 3!? That's a waste of resources.

Gamecubed

Nintendo Network ID: McFailing

AuthorMessage

Bluezealand

114. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

As long as Pixar still makes original films along with these sequels, I'm fine with it. Right now they have it evened out, with Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, and the Day of the Dead film being the originals and Finding Dory, The Incredibles 2, and Cars 3 being the sequels.

They said they will bring every year an original film to the cinemas and additionally every second year a sequel to on of their franchises. The Good Dinosaur was postponed, so that's not entirely true anymore (there will be no Pixar film this year, but two original 2015), but for every sequel there have to be two original films in production.

Bluezealand

AuthorMessage

RR529

115. Posted:

Just saw the newest trailer for Maleficent on YouTube. I haven't been paying attention to that, but it's looking awesome!

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

116. Posted:

Well, I finally watched Frozen last night and...

I finally understand why everyone is singing its praises (literally). Never thought I'd see the day when Disney gets the true meaning of love right. The fact that the princess/queen character isn't a typical princess while not necessarily hammering in the girl power aspect either was great. When the trolls sing about how people aren't 100% perfect for each other is amazing for a Disney movie. It finally shows what a real relationship is like. Also I even found the snowman character enjoyable. When I saw the first trailer with him in it I was like, "Oh boy this is gonna suck." But much to my surprise he as well as the entire movie was wonderful. Definitely worthy to be called a Disney classic.

Though Let it Go is gonna be stuck in my head for days. :p

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

117. Posted:

They used to produce consistently high-quality animated films, but everything since Toy Story 3 has been mediocre at best. Disney has been producing the most consistently excellent Western animated films now for the last several years. Tangled and Frozen are both New Classics quality, and Wreck-it Ralph rivals some of the better Pixar movies.

@WingedSnagret
I know, right? Somehow Olof was actually a somewhat likeable character and not the Disney equivalent of Jar Jar Binks. The relationship stuff has always been my problem with Disney films, and I was delighted to see them essentially deconstruct an idea that they helped to perpetuate for so long. I've always hated "Love at first sight," and I'm glad to see Disney realizes the concept is worthless as well. Also, the twist with Prince Hans is probably the only time I've ever been genuinely shocked by a Disney movie.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Mask0Gears

118. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

Well, I finally watched Frozen last night and...

I finally understand why everyone is singing its praises (literally). Never thought I'd see the day when Disney gets the true meaning of love right. The fact that the princess/queen character isn't a typical princess while not necessarily hammering in the girl power aspect either was great. When the trolls sing about how people aren't 100% perfect for each other is amazing for a Disney movie. It finally shows what a real relationship is like. Also I even found the snowman character enjoyable. When I saw the first trailer with him in it I was like, "Oh boy this is gonna suck." But much to my surprise he as well as the entire movie was wonderful. Definitely worthy to be called a Disney classic.

Though Let it Go is gonna be stuck in my head for days. :p

I enjoyed it as well. Although, I hate that people that call themselves "Christians" are bashing the movie without seeing it. Granted, they can do what they'd like, I'm not trying to judge them by their choices, I just have to hear about it, and at the same time, as a Pixar/Disney loving Christian, have to hear about how it's the 'devil' and so on.

In any case, Pixar seems to be working on a movie based on Dia De Los Muertos. The art style in that movie is going to be SWEET!!!

Edited on by Mask0Gears

-The Official Wearer of Masks for NL-
My MK Bio, made by Dark-Luigi!
-Currently Reading: Tintin
The Maskloggery
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2637-7069 NNID: Mask0Gears

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

119. Posted:

@Mask0Gears Wait what? I'm a Christian and know many others that are too, and I've never heard anybody bash it. What are said "Christians" bashing it for?

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Mask0Gears

120. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

@Mask0Gears Wait what? I'm a Christian and know many others that are too, and I've never heard anybody bash it. What are said "Christians" bashing it for?

Glad to meet another believer! :D

You'll hate this: Homosexuality and Bestiality. They say Elsa's "Let it go" is a "coming out" song, and the whole Reindeer thing... yeah.

But here's the plot twist: The guy who preached the message never SAW the movie. (face palm)

But it was only one guy, so don't worry. I love the movie, the plot twist and the concept of "True Love" I liked the most. Disney is heading in the right direction in my opinion. Most shocking moment: The guy asked if he could kiss the girl. I loved that, and I had a whole "Phoenix Wright reaction."

Untitled

Edited on by Mask0Gears

-The Official Wearer of Masks for NL-
My MK Bio, made by Dark-Luigi!
-Currently Reading: Tintin
The Maskloggery
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2637-7069 NNID: Mask0Gears