Forums

Topic: Disney/Pixar Discussion

Posts 101 to 120 of 384

Bluezealand

DestinyMan wrote:

As long as Pixar still makes original films along with these sequels, I'm fine with it. Right now they have it evened out, with Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, and the Day of the Dead film being the originals and Finding Dory, The Incredibles 2, and Cars 3 being the sequels.

They said they will bring every year an original film to the cinemas and additionally every second year a sequel to on of their franchises. The Good Dinosaur was postponed, so that's not entirely true anymore (there will be no Pixar film this year, but two original 2015), but for every sequel there have to be two original films in production.

Bluezealand

RR529

Just saw the newest trailer for Maleficent on YouTube. I haven't been paying attention to that, but it's looking awesome!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Snagrio

Well, I finally watched Frozen last night and...

I finally understand why everyone is singing its praises (literally). Never thought I'd see the day when Disney gets the true meaning of love right. The fact that the princess/queen character isn't a typical princess while not necessarily hammering in the girl power aspect either was great. When the trolls sing about how people aren't 100% perfect for each other is amazing for a Disney movie. It finally shows what a real relationship is like. Also I even found the snowman character enjoyable. When I saw the first trailer with him in it I was like, "Oh boy this is gonna suck." But much to my surprise he as well as the entire movie was wonderful. Definitely worthy to be called a Disney classic.

Though Let it Go is gonna be stuck in my head for days.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Ralizah

They used to produce consistently high-quality animated films, but everything since Toy Story 3 has been mediocre at best. Disney has been producing the most consistently excellent Western animated films now for the last several years. Tangled and Frozen are both New Classics quality, and Wreck-it Ralph rivals some of the better Pixar movies.

@WingedSnagret
I know, right? Somehow Olof was actually a somewhat likeable character and not the Disney equivalent of Jar Jar Binks. The relationship stuff has always been my problem with Disney films, and I was delighted to see them essentially deconstruct an idea that they helped to perpetuate for so long. I've always hated "Love at first sight," and I'm glad to see Disney realizes the concept is worthless as well. Also, the twist with Prince Hans is probably the only time I've ever been genuinely shocked by a Disney movie.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Pazzo-TheFool

WingedSnagret wrote:

Well, I finally watched Frozen last night and...

I finally understand why everyone is singing its praises (literally). Never thought I'd see the day when Disney gets the true meaning of love right. The fact that the princess/queen character isn't a typical princess while not necessarily hammering in the girl power aspect either was great. When the trolls sing about how people aren't 100% perfect for each other is amazing for a Disney movie. It finally shows what a real relationship is like. Also I even found the snowman character enjoyable. When I saw the first trailer with him in it I was like, "Oh boy this is gonna suck." But much to my surprise he as well as the entire movie was wonderful. Definitely worthy to be called a Disney classic.

Though Let it Go is gonna be stuck in my head for days.

I enjoyed it as well. Although, I hate that people that call themselves "Christians" are bashing the movie without seeing it. Granted, they can do what they'd like, I'm not trying to judge them by their choices, I just have to hear about it, and at the same time, as a Pixar/Disney loving Christian, have to hear about how it's the 'devil' and so on.

In any case, Pixar seems to be working on a movie based on Dia De Los Muertos. The art style in that movie is going to be SWEET!!!

Edited on by Pazzo-TheFool

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Snagrio

@Mask0Gears Wait what? I'm a Christian and know many others that are too, and I've never heard anybody bash it. What are said "Christians" bashing it for?

Snagrio

Pazzo-TheFool

WingedSnagret wrote:

@Mask0Gears Wait what? I'm a Christian and know many others that are too, and I've never heard anybody bash it. What are said "Christians" bashing it for?

Glad to meet another believer!

You'll hate this: Homosexuality and Bestiality. They say Elsa's "Let it go" is a "coming out" song, and the whole Reindeer thing... yeah.

But here's the plot twist: The guy who preached the message never SAW the movie. (face palm)

But it was only one guy, so don't worry. I love the movie, the plot twist and the concept of "True Love" I liked the most. Disney is heading in the right direction in my opinion. Most shocking moment: The guy asked if he could kiss the girl. I loved that, and I had a whole "Phoenix Wright reaction."

Untitled

Edited on by Pazzo-TheFool

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Mickey

The beastiality thing is baseless, but Let It Go? That's not too outlandish. I mean, it's Elsa realizing that her ice powers are beautiful in their own way, she's free from the superstition of the ice-fearing Kingdom, and she can finally be herself.

I'm sure there'll be people who'll put it more eloquently than I did, but that's the basic idea. I believe it, and I only love the film more because of it.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Pazzo-TheFool

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

The beastiality thing is baseless, but Let It Go? That's not too outlandish. I mean, it's Elsa realizing that her ice powers are beautiful in their own way, she's free from the superstition of the ice-fearing Kingdom, and she can finally be herself.

I'm sure there'll be people who'll put it more eloquently than I did, but that's the basic idea. I believe it, and I only love the film more because of it.

I know, ridiculous.

I always thought "Let it Go" was Elsa going to the exact opposite of the spectrum, a little too far, if you know what I mean. In the end, she was unbalanced at the beginning and at "Let it Go", wouldn't you think Mickey?

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Snagrio

I read a YouTube comment that (jokingly) said the song is about farts. To be honest, that is possible with those lyrics. XD

Bottom line is, it's one of those situations that can have multiple interpretations.

But bestiality? If anything it was more of a poke at bachelors who don't have a woman in their lives. That was my take anyway. That preacher might as well go after Sonic '06 then.

Snagrio

Mickey

@Mask0Gears In the context of the film? Yes. Emphatically yes. But on its own, it's a wonderful (catchy too! ) song about loving who you are.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

shingi_70

I could see the contention of let it go being a song for homosexuality acceptance. Haven't seen the film so not sure about the beaastilit stuff.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Tasuki

Well I heard about the Incredibles getting a sequel earlier this week, which I can't wait for. Didn't know that they were working on a Cars 3 which after seeing Cars 2 I am not that excited for. Speaking of Pixar sequels whatever happen to that Finding Nemo sequel? I thought it was suppose to be out by now?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Snagrio

@Ralizah I honestly did not see the bait and switch plot twist coming either. The whole time I thought they gave away the obvious villain at the beginning. Well played on Disney's part.

Snagrio

shingi_70

Finding Dory is going to be 2016.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

DestinyMan wrote:

Plot spoilers about Frozen are coming up.

I found Frozen to be a fantastic film and yet another winner for Disney. There was once a time when I was afraid that Disney's quality of 3D films was flawed, but Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, and now Frozen have completely convinced me. In Frozen, I was very pleased to see that Disney got what love really is; caring for those other than yourself and not the romantic love. I had a slight suspicion that Has was the villain because he seemed too much like the Mr. Nice Guy type at first. Olaf is also a good, humorous sidekick. The allegations of homosexuality are just ridiculous, and I'm a very firm Christian. I hope to get the DVD at some point.

I don't follow Disney news nearly as much as Nintendo, but the upcoming films sound interesting, such as Big Hero 6 and Zootopia for Disney and Inside Out and the Dia de Los Muertos film for Pixar.

Elsa's ice powers that shut her from her family and everyone else could be seen as a proxy for homosexuality.

WAT!

Snagrio

shingi_70 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Plot spoilers about Frozen are coming up.

I found Frozen to be a fantastic film and yet another winner for Disney. There was once a time when I was afraid that Disney's quality of 3D films was flawed, but Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, and now Frozen have completely convinced me. In Frozen, I was very pleased to see that Disney got what love really is; caring for those other than yourself and not the romantic love. I had a slight suspicion that Has was the villain because he seemed too much like the Mr. Nice Guy type at first. Olaf is also a good, humorous sidekick. The allegations of homosexuality are just ridiculous, and I'm a very firm Christian. I hope to get the DVD at some point.

I don't follow Disney news nearly as much as Nintendo, but the upcoming films sound interesting, such as Big Hero 6 and Zootopia for Disney and Inside Out and the Dia de Los Muertos film for Pixar.

Elsa's ice powers that shut her from her family and everyone else could be seen as a proxy for homosexuality.

Key word being could. I don't see why so many people automatically point to something being homosexual. It could just as easily be another sort of deviation from the norm like a mental illness or not agreeing with culture customs. But again like I said before it's a matter of different perspectives.

Snagrio

Pazzo-TheFool

WingedSnagret wrote:

I read a YouTube comment that (jokingly) said the song is about farts. To be honest, that is possible with those lyrics. XD

Bottom line is, it's one of those situations that can have multiple interpretations.

But bestiality? If anything it was more of a poke at bachelors who don't have a woman in their lives. That was my take anyway. That preacher might as well go after Sonic '06 then.

We already know that Sonic 06' is the devil, no need to talk about it. XD

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Pazzo-TheFool

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

@Mask0Gears In the context of the film? Yes. Emphatically yes. But on its own, it's a wonderful (catchy too! ) song about loving who you are.

I agree!

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Joeynator3000

Kinda reminds me of about the people who complain about the video games...lol. People are going to find SOMETHING (even stupid reasons) to bash the movie/game about.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic