General Discussion Forum

Topic: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars VII coming in 2015

Showing 41 to 60 of 206

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

41. Posted:

@Gaz: That's going to bring up another solid question, too — what will be canon and what won't when this is all said and done? The movies have always been straight canon, no ifs, ands, or buts, and if they start changing things around, it's really going to wreck what the fans have always been able to consider 'canon' or not.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Lunapplebloom

42. Posted:

@Phantom_A The Avengers was in the works way before Disney had purchased them, at least in the pre-production stages. Their purchase of the company did nothing but make it possible to use more money to produce the film. And that was besides the point in what I was trying to say. I'm saying that with Disney buying up all the different entertainment properties in existence, there won't be anything for other entertainment companies to use. Sure, 20th Century Fox and Paramount can still make the movies, but it's now Disney who calls the shots, and Disney alone.

pixelman wrote:

The_Other_M wrote:

Wait. Does that mean Leia is going to become a Disney Princess? ...:O

Untitled

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wheels2050

43. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

@Gaz: That's going to bring up another solid question, too — what will be canon and what won't when this is all said and done? The movies have always been straight canon, no ifs, ands, or buts, and if they start changing things around, it's really going to wreck what the fans have always been able to consider 'canon' or not.

That's already happened with the prequel trilogy. For example, Boba Fett has different back stories in the expanded universe novels that differ wildly from that of Attack of the Clones (I can't remember if the EU stories are consistent with each other or not). I found those stories way better than the official movie version, and I think Lucas would have done well to use existing stories rather than what he went with (or just omit Boba Fett, he was only included in the prequels due to his popularity among fans).

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

44. Posted:

@Applejacklove

That sounds more than a little panicky. They're an American company, they can't just buy up every license out there - that's called building a monopoly, and our government has systems in place to prevent that sort of thing. I wouldn't start panicking until those systems start to fail.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

45. Posted:

Wheels2050 wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

@Gaz: That's going to bring up another solid question, too — what will be canon and what won't when this is all said and done? The movies have always been straight canon, no ifs, ands, or buts, and if they start changing things around, it's really going to wreck what the fans have always been able to consider 'canon' or not.

That's already happened with the prequel trilogy. For example, Boba Fett has different back stories in the expanded universe novels that differ wildly from that of Attack of the Clones (I can't remember if the EU stories are consistent with each other or not). I found those stories way better than the official movie version, and I think Lucas would have done well to use existing stories rather than what he went with (or just omit Boba Fett, he was only included in the prequels due to his popularity among fans).

this is true... i'm just worried that they'll go off on a tangent that preempts the Heir to the Empire trilogy somehow altogether, or changes key parts of it, and I really don't want to see any of that changed. I like it the way it is, lol.

I guess I shouldn't get so worked up over it, but it's hard when damn near everyone you know is talking about it at the same time across multiple sites D:

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

46. Posted:

this means more RedLetterMedia, so I can't complain

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wheels2050

47. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

Wheels2050 wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

@Gaz: That's going to bring up another solid question, too — what will be canon and what won't when this is all said and done? The movies have always been straight canon, no ifs, ands, or buts, and if they start changing things around, it's really going to wreck what the fans have always been able to consider 'canon' or not.

That's already happened with the prequel trilogy. For example, Boba Fett has different back stories in the expanded universe novels that differ wildly from that of Attack of the Clones (I can't remember if the EU stories are consistent with each other or not). I found those stories way better than the official movie version, and I think Lucas would have done well to use existing stories rather than what he went with (or just omit Boba Fett, he was only included in the prequels due to his popularity among fans).

this is true... i'm just worried that they'll go off on a tangent that preempts the Heir to the Empire trilogy somehow altogether, or changes key parts of it, and I really don't want to see any of that changed. I like it the way it is, lol.

I guess I shouldn't get so worked up over it, but it's hard when damn near everyone you know is talking about it at the same time across multiple sites D:

These days I just tend not to worry about it too much. I've got the version of events that I like best, and that's what I go with - even if the official version differs from that (and to be honest, I haven't been keeping up with SW for quite a while, since the early 2000s, the prequel movies aside. As a result, it's pretty easy for me to just accept my own version of events :P)

Edited on by Wheels2050

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RetroGBHippie92

48. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

The_Other_M wrote:

Wait. Does that mean Leia is going to become a Disney Princess? ...:O

Untitled

My thoughts exactly. Damn why do we need MORE Star Wars? I can't seem to care about Star Wars any more, just because (stating the obvious) they'll never re-release the original versions of the movies, aka the theatrical version a. I mean I liked star wars originally, but that was because I watched the non special edition VHS before I owned the SE versions.
Prequel trilogy is terrible and I don't see how this will be any better than those movies...

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Lunapplebloom

49. Posted:

Jon_Talbain wrote:

@Applejacklove

That sounds more than a little panicky. They're an American company, they can't just buy up every license out there - that's called building a monopoly, and our government has systems in place to prevent that sort of thing. I wouldn't start panicking until those systems start to fail.

True, but it is still troubling to me to say the least. I mean, I'm all for a company to make money, but there is a time when a company can get too large is all I'm saying.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

50. Posted:

@Wheels2050: so in other words... you reject their reality, and substitute your own?
Mythbusters is on Netflix too :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wheels2050

51. Posted:

Haha I was just about to come back and edit my post to say exactly that.

So, yeah, pretty much :P

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

edhe

52. Posted:

...

On second thoughts, "meh". I thought the Star Wars franchise was already dead.

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?
You cannot #StopGamerGate

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

53. Posted:

I first thought that this was a horrible, horrible late April Fools' Joke or BS topic, but now I'm at a loss for words. This could either be really good or really bad. I love more Star Wars, but I have no clue how it will be with Disney's hands all over it. I have a bad feeling about this...

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

54. Posted:

What's with the number 7 today? DQ7 now this? And I played MK7 a lot today... Now announce FFVII for 3DS :o

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

55. Posted:

HarmoKnight wrote:

Now announce FFVII for 3DS :o

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/26/square-enix-reveals-co...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rawk_Hawk

56. Posted:

Glad I picked up the VC Star Wars games. Who knows if they will remain available after all the changes go through.

As a Star Wars fan I don't like this at all.

Edited on by Rawk_Hawk

"Practice hospitality. bless and do not curse." Romans 12:13-14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Drobotic

57. Posted:

Great.I bet that Disney's gonna bring Star Wars:The Clone Wars to Disney XD or something.Just great.See,guys.Disney is an empire.First,they started with getting the rights to many video game characters(Wreck-It Ralph).Today,Lucasfilm.Tomorrow,the world!

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,MLP:FiM,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: Bubblenom

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Void

58. Posted:

tealovertoma wrote:

Void wrote:

How are they going to continue the franchise? I mean, it's been like 30 years since the 6th one, and if you were going to make a 7th one it would probably take place just after the 2nd Death Star was destroyed... :P

There's a whole awesome expanded universe they could base it on... or just take it in a new direction. They've basically been handed a blank sheet at the end of 6.

Yeah, I guess it is pretty blank... About 30 or so years of stuff confirmed as canon happenings after episode 6.. But not that much.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

59. Posted:

This truly saddens me, being such a die-hard Star Wars fan. I don't know how I feel about new films being released. I feel the Star Wars legacy is done and shouldn't be touched. The expanded universe including books, comics, and video games have never been a problem for me, but releasing new movies seems like a mistake to me. I grew up with Star Wars, and look at the story like its finished. I'll try to keep an open mind I guess, since they'll be releasing these movies whether the fans agree with it or not.

On the bright side, maybe people will appreciate Episodes 1-3 more now that the series will completely go under.... </3

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore :c ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GamecubeMan

60. Posted:

The_Other_M wrote:

Wait. Does that mean Leia is going to become a Disney Princess? ...:O

oh the humanity :(

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter: jazzygcnman