Forums

Topic: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars VII coming in 2015

Posts 181 to 200 of 204

Jeremyx7

Tasuki wrote:

The first group of movies you named are horrible compared to the originals (except for High School Musical they were all horrible) and out of the second group of movies the only one Disney did was Tron Legacy. Try again please.

DUDE!! I was totally JOKING! LOL!!!!! Did you NOT catch the 'Bahahahaha' part? Come on now, I purposely picked some of the worst offenders. I even took the time to write 'Princess Diaries 2:Royal Engagement'. ROFL XD

I was serious about Tron:Legacy and the rest after that.

Edited on by Jeremyx7

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

Jamouse

CosmicMii wrote:

How dare you!!!

George Lucas is the one that created Star Wars. He made a amazing script, surely better than what you can do!
Also if anyone was going to continue the Star Wars series without him, they would fail. 100%

George Lucas made some great franchises-
Untitled
Untitled

which he then ruined.

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Jamouse

Jamouse

Jeremyx7

Awww, but Jar Jar is innocently dumb..... Plus you have to admit watching him make an *** of himself is amusing.

Edited on by Jeremyx7

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

the_shpydar

I still can't understand why people don't get that, aside from GL not running the show anymore, basically nothing is going to change with Lucasfilm except who owns it. A purchase of the company by Disney does not suddenly make Star Wars into a "Disney franchise" (at least not in any sense beyond the corporate level).

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Shining-Void

I'm interested to see how this movie turns out. Disney has loads of money, so the funding would be incredible. Just because its owned by Disney does not mean the little mermaid will fly a space craft. ex. Bayonneta 2 & Nintendo. At least I don't think so....

Shining-Void

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

HaastMK7

Disney sucks, bottom line.

I hope the 7th-9th films are based on the New Republic!

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

Jeremyx7

CosmicMii wrote:

To be completely fair, Disney has some fantastic films, but not like they use to. Also I would imagine Episode VII will involve the New Republic fighting off remnants of the Empire with potential 3rd parties involved for whatever reasons.

HaastMK7

Yea. I have read the Star Wars books like "Star Wars Legacy" and what not and they are based on fighting off the remaining Empire forces.

Why I hate Disney.
~They have the dumbest shows. e.g (Jessie, Good Luck charlie, and so on.....)
~Their jokes are not funny
~Their canned laughter is the worst
~Their moves have been from good to bad to worse to NO COMMENT...

Tasuki

CosmicMii wrote:

I hope the 7th-9th films are based on the New Republic!

I believe they will be based off of Lucas' own ideas not any from books, video games etc.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

TheDreamingHawk

But Didn't Lucas write the books before he made the movies?

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Tasuki

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I dont think so. I think that they were done by other authors with Lucas' permission.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

No. There were no books before he made the movies. The SW novels (aka the bulk of the "EU") are written by other others under contract and license of Lucasfilm.

@CosmicMii
I assume you are a youngin', otherwise i would bother to point out that your "hatred" of Disney is completely ridiculous, considering it seems to be based on nothing more than a dislike of crappy Disney channel shows, which make up a tiny fraction of Disney as a whole.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

HaastMK7

the_shpydar wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

No. There were no books before he made the movies. The SW novels (aka the bulk of the "EU") are written by other others under contract and license of Lucasfilm.

@CosmicMii
I assume you are a youngin', otherwise i would bother to point out that your "hatred" of Disney is completely ridiculous, considering it seems to be based on nothing more than a dislike of crappy Disney channel shows, which make up a tiny fraction of Disney as a whole.

Sorry mate, buts that is my view.
3/4 of their TV shows don't make sense, contain canned laughing and are based on little kids.

I know they are gonna destroy the next star wars film.

Tasuki

CosmicMii wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

@CosmicMii

3/4 of their TV shows don't make sense, contain canned laughing and are based on little kids.

I know they are gonna destroy the next star wars film.

So even though they have made some of the best animated movies ever (and thats just not by my standards) you hate Disney based on a few shows that really don't define them. Wow you are shallow dude.

My Backlog

kkslider5552000

CosmicMii wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

@CosmicMii

My view is that the world was made by a space chocolate mongoose. I'M CREDIBLE BECAUSE OPINION.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Void

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CosmicMii wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

@CosmicMii

My view is that the world was made by a space chocolate mongoose. I'M CREDIBLE BECAUSE OPINION.

Untitled
Well, I have a better opinion.
Untitled

Seriously, though, I can't remember the last half-way decent 'live action' TV show Disney has made, they, and Pixar, have made many, many great films however.

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

WesCash

CosmicMii wrote:

I don't even know what to say to that.
Disney has produced some of the greatest films and tv shows of all time.
So what if they make a few crappy kids programs?

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

e-love

@CosmicMii, all your opinions on Disney seem to be about the Disney Channel.

Like others have already said, Disney has created some of the most beloved movies of all time. They aren't in the position as the largest entertainment company in the world by accident. They know what they're doing.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

TheDreamingHawk

So if Lucas didn't write the books first...

What did he do first? If he did those movies, boy am I going to be falling asleep a lot. Every time I try to watch a SW movie I fall asleep due to it's length. I need to get a DVD so I can resume where I left off instead of watching it on TV or VHS.

The only thing I remember SW related is the Clone wars anime they had back in 2005. I really liked that, but they seemed to have stopped that very soon, replacing it with that stupid CGI series and movie...

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.