Forums

Topic: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars VII coming in 2015

Posts 161 to 180 of 204

Adam

Emaan wrote:

@Adam, I've read that on several news sites regarding the announcements of an Episode VII being released in 2015.

Unless they're all assuming.

Yes, but they did not say it would follow immediately after the classic trilogy or that it would star the same characters as you said in your last response to me. Luke will likely be an old man passing the torch to a new cast of heroes if he is in it at all. Otherwise, he will have to be recast. Mark Hammill is not a young man anymore. He is getting too old for this sort of thing, to use Ben's words.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

e-love

@Adam, I would be much more welcoming to a new trilogy if it all goes the way you said it. It would be too weird to have a re-cast, still young, Luke Skywalker and company.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Jeremyx7

Adam wrote:

You are taking quotes out of context. If you would read any other post of mine you would know i am well familiar with the expanded universe. In the context of making good movies, the books arent movies and the prequels arent good

I was just simply inquiring that at this moment the Star Wars Saga consists of 6 films and not 3 whether or not you agree/disagree with how they were handled. Honestly was not trying to take anything you said out of context.

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

SpentAllMyTokens

If they can keep George Luocas from writhing the script and directing the movie, I'm all for this.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

Adam

Everyone knows there are six movies... But reminding us is just opening old wounds.

TG, Lucas is being brought on as a creative consultant only, so you kind of got your wish. Hopefully he cant do much damage from that, but that depends a lot on Disney.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Jeremyx7

Adam wrote:

Everyone knows there are six movies... But reminding us is just opening old wounds.

Only in the minds of some compared to the majority who actually appreciated all six.

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

RudysaurusRex

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Never seen or read ANY Starwars movie in my life, so I'm not affected. But why would they make a VII when VI WAS THE ENDING SINCE 1960.

Epic facepalm. Go watch Star Wars now! But start with 4-6, and then watch 1-3.

SPREAD THE JOY OF THE GREAT TURTLE
HE IS UPON US AND WILL TAKE US TO THE GREAT WAVE
JOIN THE COURT OF TURTLES AND BE REDEEMED
THE COURT OF TURTLES

3DS Friend Code: 0061-3403-4305 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexTheGrayt | Twitter:

Adam

Jeremyx7 wrote:

Adam wrote:

Only in the minds of some compared to the majority who actually appreciated all six.

I doubt that, but again, I was comparing the type of movies the classic trilogy were to the Marvel movies, not the quality of one trilogy to the other.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

TheDreamingHawk

Jeremyx7 wrote:

Adam wrote:

Star Wars is a classic trilogy.

You mean Star Wars is more then just 3 movies right? There is a ginormous amount more to Star Wars than just Luke's lone story.

@Dreaminghawk

Give Star Wars a try starting with Episode 1 and going in numerical order. Is science fiction usually just not your thing?

Sci-fi is actually my strong part. It's just the movies are wacky in some parts and it seems to make more sense to read books IV-VI, but I'm stuck.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Adam

I like the idea of Luke showing up as an old man. I think if Disney puts all of them back in that would be excessive.

Come on, friends,

TheAmazingRaccoon

I am very worried
Name me one Disney franchise that has maintained it's quality after the first movie

Edited on by TheAmazingRaccoon

It's just an empty pot...
No, wait!
There's something at the bottom!
It's just somebody's gum...

Jeremyx7

TheAmazingRaccoon wrote:

I am very worried
Name me one Disney franchise that has maintained it's quality after the first movie

Uhhh.....Aladin 2, Lion King 2, The Jungle Book 2, Princess Diaries 2:Royal Engagement, and High School Musical 3, DUH!!!.........................................bahahahbahahaha...I can't keep going on with a straight face & fingers here.

Seriously though now, I thought they did a really good job with Tron:Legacy, Toy Story 2 & 3, and Iron Man 2. Although Toy Story 2 & 3 was really mostly Pixar and Iron Man 2 was Marvel.

Edited on by Jeremyx7

Void

Knuckles wrote:

Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher have all said they want to reprise their former roles in Episode 7!

So they're basically saying they want to go and get a ton of plastic surgery which will make them look completely unnatural?

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

HaastMK7

Also luke wont be that old. He will be in his 30's to 40's in the 7th film. He will be a jedi master!

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

HaastMK7

Token_Girl wrote:

If they can keep George Luocas from writhing the script and directing the movie, I'm all for this.

How dare you!!!

George Lucas is the one that created Star Wars. He made a amazing script, surely better than what you can do!
Also if anyone was going to continue the Star Wars series without him, they would fail. 100%

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

Tasuki

Jeremyx7 wrote:

TheAmazingRaccoon wrote:

I am very worried

Uhhh.....Aladin 2, Lion King 2, The Jungle Book 2, Princess Diaries 2:Royal Engagement, and High School Musical 3, DUH!!!.........................................bahahahbahahaha...I can't keep going on with a straight face & fingers here.

Seriously though now, I thought they did a really good job with Tron:Legacy, Toy Story 2 & 3, and Iron Man 2. Although Toy Story 2 & 3 was really mostly Pixar and Iron Man 2 was Marvel.

I hope that you are joking there. The first group of movies you named are horrible compared to the originals (except for High School Musical they were all horrible) and out of the second group of movies the only one Disney did was Tron Legacy. Try again please.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

CosmicMii wrote:

Also luke wont be that old. He will be in his 30's to 40's in the 7th film. He will be a jedi master!

From what I have read is that the age the stars are now is the same age Lucas wants Leia, Luke and Han.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.