Forums

Topic: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars VII coming in 2015

Posts 141 to 160 of 204

Katernity

Disney has owned marvel comics for several years now so they've been indirectly responsible for the awesome avengers related movies. if you like those movies, I think disney making star wars movies is something you should be excited about.

3DS Friend Code: 1118-0222-0938
Playing 3DS games: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Resident Evil: Revelations, Dillon's Rolling Western, Pushmo, FreakyForms

RR529

I don't get what all the hate is about with the newer films.

Then again, I'm not personally attached to the series, & see all the movies as nothing more as entertaining action flicks (I don't put any more into them, than I do the Jurassic Park, Pirates of the Caribbean, Spider-Man, Lord of the Rings, ect. movies).

Anyways, everyone knows that Back to the Future is the ultimate sci-fi trilogy

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Jeremyx7

The majority of people I've ever come across disliking the prequels in person as well as online are almost always 30+ year olds never letting go or imagining what star wars might be outside Luke's Story...which really ironically contradicts/discredits their own viewpoints on what Star Wars is because the whole concept of Star Wars from the very start has always been about more then just one era of events. Which the prequels fantastically showcase with a rich & deep back story.

Every Episode was excellent with excellent story telling/lines, character development, good realistic raw acting instead of over the top fancy dialogue like most other films, many great epic moments, and extremely visually creative/imaginative. To say how bad a film is is a matter of opinion and preference because films are a art, not science, thus no one can put a label of facts about what makes a 'truly good film'.

All the things nay Sayers criticize about the prequels can be found in the originals as well like some cheesy dialogue, style of directing, and some overacting (Luke's Nooooooo anyone? Split second Wampa Shot? And Han/Leia Love?). Now I'm not saying one trilogy is better over the other. I'm just saying there are ALLOT of little things that the originals can be criticized for as well if one actually looks at all six star wars films objectionably without bias or preconceived ideas.

I can understand people that say Star Wars or the Prequels 'aren't their thing' but to say they're 'terrible' really and truly baffles me. I truly enjoyed every single movie as a whole and not just because it's "STAR WARS" but because I found them to be excellent works of art and storytelling.

Edited on by Jeremyx7

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

e-love

I grew up watching Star Wars, and being a fanatic about all the merchandise. Yeah, my version of growing up with it is around the time of the prequels, but my parents raised me well and started me off with the original trilogy at a young age. I had tons of Star Wars themed Legos, action figures, lightsabers, video games, halloween costumes, galore.

My main issue with them making new films is the fact that to me, I love the series the way it is, and I look at the story as complete. It's mostly because they're taking something I loved and grew up with, and then changing the way it is. Maybe I might like the new movies, maybe I won't. I guess I just don't want the entity of Star Wars that I've been so familiar with for so long, to change.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

HandheldGuru97

Emaan wrote:

I grew up watching Star Wars, and being a fanatic about all the merchandise. Yeah, my version of growing up with it is around the time of the prequels, but my parents raised me well and started me off with the original trilogy at a young age. I had tons of Star Wars themed Legos, action figures, lightsabers, video games, halloween costumes, galore.

My main issue with them making new films is the fact that to me, I love the series the way it is, and I look at the story as complete. It's mostly because they're taking something I loved and grew up with, and then changing the way it is. Maybe I might like the new movies, maybe I won't. I guess I just don't want the entity of Star Wars that I've been so familiar with for so long, to change.

Very well said, your childhood sounds an awful lot like mine though.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

e-love

Another thing, can anyone else agree that you can't have Star Wars without Darth Vader?

To me, what truly makes Star Wars, is the fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker as Darth Vader. Introducing a new threat after what is the ending of Episode VI just doesn't seem right to me. Not to mention characters like Yoda won't be there either.

People can argue that the expanded universe continues after Episode VI's storyline just fine, but to me Darth Vader will always be at the core of Star Wars and what it's all about.

Norfair

Emaan wrote:

Another thing, can anyone else agree that you can't have Star Wars without Darth Vader?

To me, what truly makes Star Wars, is the fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker as Darth Vader. Introducing a new threat after what is the ending of Episode VI just doesn't seem right to me. Not to mention characters like Yoda won't be there either.

People can argue that the expanded universe continues after Episode VI's storyline just fine, but to me Darth Vader will always be at the core of Star Wars and what it's all about.

I personally don't like Darth Vader that much, so I don't care.
To me, it wouldn't feel like Star Wars without the Stormtroopers/Clone Troopers. As for Yoda, I will miss him (and Jabba the Hutt) the most..

My body is ready, can you say the same? Is your body ready?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-9601-9308

Adam

I actually like Lucas's idea of having Hamill cameo as an old Luke to fill an Obi Wan like role. It would be cool to see the story come full circle, and it would force the series to continue post-EU, which would allow them room to not contradict a bazillion novels we grew up reading.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

retired_account

Adam wrote:

I actually like Lucas's idea of having Hamill cameo as an old Luke to fill an Obi Wan like role. It would be cool to see the story come full circle, and it would force the series to continue post-EU, which would allow them room to not contradict a bazillion novels we grew up reading.

I think already said this, but this.

retired_account

Kagamine

Why is this such a big deal to people? Perhaps it's been mentioned earlier (I'm not going to check every page) but Disney owns Marvel, and i don't remember any of the Marvel movies sucking. They are quite good.

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

e-love

Adam wrote:

I would like that also, but how would that happen considering Episodes 7-9 are covering the adventures of Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Princess Leia after the events of VI? Would it be a Star Trek type appearance? In which time travel is at hand. Or would the actor just be portrayed as someone other than Skywalker?

TheDreamingHawk

Never seen or read ANY Starwars movie in my life, so I'm not affected. But why would they make a VII when VI WAS THE ENDING SINCE 1960.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

CanisWolfred

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Never seen or read ANY Starwars movie in my life, so I'm not affected. But why would they make a VII when VI WAS THE ENDING SINCE 1960.

Do you mean 1983, or are you meaning when Lucas wrote the movies? And they've had expanded universe stuff for a long time, many of which take place after episode 6.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Adam

Emaan wrote:

I would like that also, but how would that happen considering Episodes 7-9 are covering the adventures of Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Princess Leia after the events of VI? Would it be a Star Trek type appearance? In which time travel is at hand. Or would the actor just be portrayed as someone other than Skywalker?

I dont know where you are getting that information from. As far as I know, they have not revealed whose adventure this movie will follow. It would be a mess to star the same characters. Some of them wouldnt want to come back, and they are all old.

On another note, Star Wars isnt Marvel. There is little point in comparing them. Comic book movies are decent. Star Wars is a classic trilogy. Disney makes good kids movies. I havent seen anything that makes me think they can do Star Wars, but they cant screw it up worse than Phantom Menace, so I for one am open to it.

Come on, friends,

Banker-Style

I wish the Star Wars franchise would just die,but the way it's going Disney is going to go town with this death.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

e-love

@Adam, I've read that on several news sites regarding the announcements of an Episode VII being released in 2015.

Unless they're all assuming.

Jeremyx7

Adam wrote:

Star Wars is a classic trilogy.

You mean Star Wars is more then just 3 movies right? There is a ginormous amount more to Star Wars than just Luke's lone story.

@Dreaminghawk

Give Star Wars a try starting with Episode 1 and going in numerical order. Is science fiction usually just not your thing?

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

KAHN

well, this just means more plinkett reviews hooray

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Adam

Jeremyx7 wrote:

Adam wrote:

Star Wars is a classic trilogy.

You mean Star Wars is more then just 3 movies right? There is a ginormous amount more to Star Wars than just Luke's lone story.

@Dreaminghawk

Give Star Wars a try starting with Episode 1 and going in numerical order. Is science fiction usually just not your thing?

You are taking quotes out of context. If you would read any other post of mine you would know i am well familiar with the expanded universe. In the context of making good movies, the books arent movies and the prequels arent good, so that leaves the original trilogy to compare with the Marvel movies people keep bringing up on this site and elsewhere, but they are just not similar enough to say that because some superhero movies were good that a new SW flick will be, in my opinion. It would be like comparing the Hidden Fortress with a Marvel movie.

Come on, friends,

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.